Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 08:53:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does the Bilderberg Group think of Bitcoin and Crypto's?  (Read 2176 times)
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:51:29 PM

I really doubt BTC is on their radar. The market cap is really to small for them to bother.

Add to that their arrogance and old world, old school paradigm keeps them oblivious to the true change going on "beneath" them. They're aware of bitcoin but I'd wager enough of them see it the way Warren Buffet sees it - child's play that's a fad, probably dangerously risky to lose "real" fiat money for "fake" imaginary money. They shrug it off and go on about their business...and then one day they will be kicked in the teeth over the strange devaluation in their banks...less money's flowing through...less accounts are opened...and most of their fiat is being exchanged for "imaginary" money...so their only recourse from there is to start fear mongering and threatening and flexing.

While some people will cower because they can't function without someone else telling them how to think, the majority of people who have long since recognized the value of their wealth in bitcoin will dig in and refuse to comply.

Gonna be interesting times.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:27:56 AM

I really doubt BTC is on their radar. The market cap is really to small for them to bother.

Add to that their arrogance and old world, old school paradigm keeps them oblivious to the true change going on "beneath" them. They're aware of bitcoin but I'd wager enough of them see it the way Warren Buffet sees it - child's play that's a fad, probably dangerously risky to lose "real" fiat money for "fake" imaginary money. They shrug it off and go on about their business...and then one day they will be kicked in the teeth over the strange devaluation in their banks...less money's flowing through...less accounts are opened...and most of their fiat is being exchanged for "imaginary" money...so their only recourse from there is to start fear mongering and threatening and flexing.

While some people will cower because they can't function without someone else telling them how to think, the majority of people who have long since recognized the value of their wealth in bitcoin will dig in and refuse to comply.

Gonna be interesting times.

Interesting times are upon us!
One of the most interesting things about Bitcoin is not knowing how soon the fiat system will get dramatically more unstable, but we do know it will happen eventually.

...to start fear mongering and threatening..
The mainstream media has a strange approach to Bitcoin. The seeds are planted for strong future negative propaganda, but at the same time I sense Bitcoin is actually being promoted by the media. (For example) Many news stories have called BTC "anonymous", when it's not even true. That "mistake" might be intentional.

Want proof of "massive" BTC promotion by the media?
Look at the USA Today symbol: Bitcoin appeared both in print (front page) and on their website:

qwerty555 (OP)

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:29:19 PM

Here is the 2014 list

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-27/here-come-bilderbergs-complete-2014-list

should we send them all 1,000 bits?  to their fb account ?

vlad12

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:00:49 PM

How do you know they didn't create BTC?

Because btc was created by genius level intellect for the good of the people...that's why.

And who is this anonymous person you speak of?  And why are you sure he is for the good of the people?

Whoever Satoshi represents and because of the nature of bitcoin. No corrupt government or bank or agents thereof would present this for the best interests of the people and the best interests of their financial freedom from the corrupt financial industry.

Riiiiight.  

Basically,  because some anonymous guy on the internet told me so.  Okey dokey

No, actually...the white paper that was written told me so.

It's pretty clear you're just a smartass and a troll and not worth further energy.

OOhh white paper.  Then that makes it legit.  Do you know who or what is Satoshi?  Nope.  Then why do you treat Satoshi like Messiah?

Stop trolling. Anyone can look at the code repository itself and check every single line of code for themselves. You can even compile the code yourself and run it yourself. You don't have to trust anyone, that's the point. Bitcoin is a trust-less system. Next time try getting actually informed before you come to the forums and shit on the keyboard.

PalmerLaura

Activity: 116

IPSX: Distributed Network Layer

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:58:33 PM

I believe bitcoin is going to succeed because the way paypal and western union are talking about it. They could have pursued getting lobbyists to try to end it, but didn't. These huge corporations probably already considered it and didn't see lobbying being successful.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:04:14 PM

I agree, BTC has not become disruptive enough yet for the Bilderberger Group to need to act on it yet.   In the future they will probably have their eyes on it.

They have been talking about a one world currency for a long time, so for all we know..BTC could have been exactly what they were talking about
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:11:11 PM

I think it is a point of interest. Not Bitcoin itself though. I see cryptocurrency as a part of the broader tendency of the masses to question and resent absolute authority.

burp...
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:25:13 AM

they shit 7 colors because they know their power will fade along with their fiat ponzi scheme
GoldSilverBitcoin

Activity: 80

Gold Silver Bitcoin: It's your choice

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 10:03:45 PM

Hello, everyone. I didn't see this thread until now.

Here is an article I wrote on 2014's attendees and their views on btc.

https://www.goldsilverbitcoin.com/what-bilderbergs-2014-attendees-think-about-bitcoin/

qwerty555 (OP)

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:02:14 AM

https://www.goldsilverbitcoin.com/what-bilderbergs-2014-attendees-think-about-bitcoin/

Nice article TY  At least Thiel and Schmidt should be batting for Crypto's .
GoldSilverBitcoin

Activity: 80

Gold Silver Bitcoin: It's your choice

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 12:31:14 AM

Nice article TY  At least Thiel and Schmidt should be batting for Crypto's .

Agreed, but apparently they did not speak of it....

https://www.goldsilverbitcoin.com/bilderberger-speaks-out-bitcoin-not-discussed-at-historic-meeting/

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: