Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:21:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenCL not working with 5970 + 5870? :/  (Read 2332 times)
Cablesaurus (OP)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2011, 03:05:06 AM

So I received a 5870 today, and plan to run it in the box with my 5970.

I uninstalled ati stream/drivers and driver cleaned.

I then reinstalled with Cat 10-12 and Ati Stream 2.3... when I attempted to launch miners they crash poclbm. If I run GPU caps or GPU-z, it states open CL is 'not installed'.

I installed everything from a fresh driver clean... is there anything I can try? :/

PCIe Extender Cables; Dummy Plugs, Fans; PSU Cables; Cases & More
Visit www.Cablesaurus.com and our forum thread at http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6128.0
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Veldy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 03:14:41 AM

Stream 2.4 is out and working great for my 6970.  Perhaps you should consider that.  I have read that 2.3 had some performance issues .. maybe other issues?

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 03:17:42 AM

Be sure drivers you install have "_ocl" at the end of the file name.
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2011, 03:18:22 AM

So I received a 5870 today, and plan to run it in the box with my 5970.
I uninstalled ati stream/drivers and driver cleaned.
I then reinstalled with Cat 10-12 and Ati Stream 2.3... when I attempted to launch miners they crash poclbm. If I run GPU caps or GPU-z, it states open CL is 'not installed'.
I installed everything from a fresh driver clean... is there anything I can try? :/
I was mining on 5870+5970 and it worked fine.
If you are using Windows XP - ensure that SP3 is installed.
Try ATI Stream SDK 2.1 and 2.2
If you see 3 GPUs in poclbm and only one of them crashes - use special old version of poclbm to mine on a slave core of 5970.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
FoS

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 08:22:00 AM

Do you have both in crossfire?
OpenCl doesn't appear in any of the cards in gpu-z ?
Cablesaurus (OP)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2011, 04:25:39 PM

Ended up trying to uninstall/reinstall several times, tried with and without crossfire, etc. Always came up as a "driver open cl installation" error when I opened GPUCaps.

For anyone interested, I ended up fixing this by simply installing the NEWEST Catalyst driver set.

The newest set comes pre-bundled with OpenCL without any need to manually install ATIStream... works fine for me.

PCIe Extender Cables; Dummy Plugs, Fans; PSU Cables; Cases & More
Visit www.Cablesaurus.com and our forum thread at http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6128.0
Veldy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 08:08:02 PM

Ended up trying to uninstall/reinstall several times, tried with and without crossfire, etc. Always came up as a "driver open cl installation" error when I opened GPUCaps.

For anyone interested, I ended up fixing this by simply installing the NEWEST Catalyst driver set.

The newest set comes pre-bundled with OpenCL without any need to manually install ATIStream... works fine for me.

I noticed this as well, but I installed Stream 2.4 anyway.  No harm no foul it seems.

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: