Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:39:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Under 18 Bitcoin Trading  (Read 3650 times)
Jeteroll (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:26:32 PM

Hello all, I was wondering if I would get denied when I try to verify my account at Bitstamp or Kraken because I'm only 17. And what is the easiest way to buy BTC under 18?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:28:53 PM

because SEPA/Wire transfer don't allowed to under legal age in bank.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:34:07 PM

Hello all, I was wondering if I would get denied when I try to verify my account at Bitstamp or Kraken because I'm only 17. And what is the easiest way to buy BTC under 18?

some banks allow you to have a visa debit card at the age of 13/14 dependant on country etc, so if you are old enough to have a bank account and old enough to wire transfer funds from it. then there is no issue with some services. localbitcoins.com for instance will have no issues with this. but read the terms of service of bitstamp and kraken

bitstamp
By opening an account to use the Service ("Account"), You expressly represent and warrant:

1. You have accepted these Terms; and
    2. You are at least 18 years of age and have the full capacity to accept these Terms and enter into a transaction involving Bitcoins.

kraken
You further represent and warrant that you: (a) are of legal age to form a binding contract (at least 18 years old in the U.S.);

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Jeteroll (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:38:23 PM

some banks allow you to have a visa debit card at the age of 13/14 dependant on country etc, so if you are old enough to have a bank account and old enough to wire transfer funds from it. then there is no issue with some services. localbitcoins.com for instance will have no issues with this. but read the terms of service of bitstamp and kraken

bitstamp
By opening an account to use the Service ("Account"), You expressly represent and warrant:

1. You have accepted these Terms; and
    2. You are at least 18 years of age and have the full capacity to accept these Terms and enter into a transaction involving Bitcoins.

kraken
You further represent and warrant that you: (a) are of legal age to form a binding contract (at least 18 years old in the U.S.);

I have a bank account, although it is one of those attached-to-parent's-account ones. I have a licence and everything. Will Bitstamp actually deny me if I give them my info?
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 12:13:04 AM

I have avoided telling under-age people about Bitcoin (back when GPU mining was all the rage) for fear that their parents would kill me when they saw the power bill Tongue

That, and it is a risky investment.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:18:50 AM

I have a bank account, although it is one of those attached-to-parent's-account ones. I have a licence and everything. Will Bitstamp actually deny me if I give them my info?

take this as a BIG warning. stick to using localbitcoins.com to buy bitcoins. then transfer bitcoins to an exchange, do some trading to increase your bitcoin holding, and take bitcoins out to then sell for fiat back at localbitcoins.

i tell you this as a warning. because by using the service underage means they COULD lock your account without any warning and due to the fact that wire transfering to underage users is against their policy, they will not honour a wire transfer if they found out your age.

so DO NOT even risk doing a wire transfer or even getting verified with bitstamp. it is not worth the risk/cance of getting your account locked. so stick with only moving bitcoins in and out, thus avoiding the whole verification process of fiat transfer.

again DO NOT RISK IT moving fiat into or out of bitstamp. if you do then you have only yourself to blame.

localbitcoins is the less riskier option

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 02:20:38 AM

Oh, Hell; just get a trusted freind over 18 to open a bank account for you, get all the banking info from that person, including the debit card and rock'n roll.

Yeah, you are using someone else's name and it might be technically illegal or maybe not but who cares?

People do this kind of stuff all the time.

Kudos for you for having the the brainpower and maturity to understand Bitcoin at your age!

Fuck'em and go for it!

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Jeteroll (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:24:42 AM

I do have a bank account and a debit card!
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:50:33 AM

getting a friend to open a bank account for you and using his ID is called fraud and identity theft. you dont want to ruin your life if caught by having a police record or going to court etc, paying a huge fine. purely to deposit to bitstamp as oppose to local bitcoins.

dont listen to people telling you its ok to risk your real life reputation, chance of getting a job, costing you alot in court fines and potential jail time..

be smart. just use local bitcoins using your own real bank account, to deposit bitcoin into bitstamp or other exchanges to increase your bitcoin holding without ever cashing out into fiat (unless you cash out via localbitcoins which is acceptable) for now and on your 18th birthday. take out your bitcoins and make a fresh bitstamp address get it verified with your real life ID and enjoy withdrawing fiat through bitstamp ONCE YOUR 18!!

i seriously cannot believe the last poster actually advises you to commit a crime just to use bitcoin. what an utter prick!!

my 2c

ijmolder93

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 02:58:11 AM

It is not exactly the best or safest way, probably not the best cost wise either, but I am pretty sure you can buy them from someone else if you make or have a paypal account. Just dont let them know you're buying cryptos.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 02:58:45 AM

getting a friend to open a bank account for you and using his ID is called fraud and identity theft. you dont want to ruin your life if caught by having a police record or going to court etc, paying a huge fine. purely to deposit to bitstamp as oppose to local bitcoins.

dont listen to people telling you its ok to risk your real life reputation, chance of getting a job, costing you alot in court fines and potential jail time..

be smart. just use local bitcoins using your own real bank account, to deposit bitcoin into bitstamp or other exchanges to increase your bitcoin holding without ever cashing out into fiat (unless you cash out via localbitcoins which is acceptable) for now and on your 18th birthday. take out your bitcoins and make a fresh bitstamp address get it verified with your real life ID and enjoy withdrawing fiat through bitstamp ONCE YOUR 18!!

i seriously cannot believe the last poster actually advises you to commit a crime just to use bitcoin. what an utter prick!!

my 2c

Oh, for crying out loud!

Are you for real?

If someone gives the kid permission to use he bank account it's not illegal.

Corporations For Crypto
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 02:59:14 AM

It is not exactly the best or safest way, probably not the best cost wise either, but I am pretty sure you can buy them from someone else if you make or have a paypal account. Just dont let them know you're buying cryptos.

You have to be 18 to have a Paypal account.

Corporations For Crypto
cookiemonster7

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Cookie...Cookie.

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:00:17 AM

Oh, Hell; just get a trusted freind over 18 to open a bank account for you, get all the banking info from that person, including the debit card and rock'n roll.

Yeah, you are using someone else's name and it might be technically illegal or maybe not but who cares?

People do this kind of stuff all the time.

Kudos for you for having the the brainpower and maturity to understand Bitcoin at your age!

Fuck'em and go for it!

GO GET EM!!!! The bankers of course.

-  “Genius is fine for the ignition spark, but to get there someone has to see that the radiator doesn't leak and no tire is flat.”
ijmolder93

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 03:01:54 AM

What about just using paypal as the processor? For example, buying something on eBay, and on checkout, just use the pay with debit/credit card option instead of use paypal account option?
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:51:42 AM

localbitcoins.com, live in person, face to face sellers and buyers. no need for a bank or verification.

but study up first, be careful, use escrow!

it's a jungle out there, kiddo!
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 04:01:31 AM

localbitcoins.com, live in person, face to face sellers and buyers. no need for a bank or verification.

but study up first, be careful, use escrow!

it's a jungle out there, kiddo!

Underage kid out there doing Lcoal Bitcoins.

Good advice.

Corporations For Crypto
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 04:02:24 AM

What about just using paypal as the processor? For example, buying something on eBay, and on checkout, just use the pay with debit/credit card option instead of use paypal account option?

Let me try this again.

Is English a second language for you?

Corporations For Crypto
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:16:20 AM

Let me try this again.

Is English a second language for you?

if paypal find out the guy is only 17, they simply close his account
if a bank finds out the guy is 17 or the friend has allowing another person access to an account not belonging to the account holder. police and financial crimes authorities get involved. bank accounts are closed, criminal records, court fines and maybe jailtime!

stupid advice.. is being a prick your first life choice.

localbitcoins is now escrow as standard and does not involve meeting strangers face to face in dark alleys. thus it is much much much less of a risk, not illegal and an acceptable method of getting bitcoins.

why would anyone in their right mind tell a kid to do something so stupidly illegal that can affect the rest of their life. also, i must add that advice means days of opening bank accounts, funding bank accounts, opening and verifying bitstamp accounts, then funding the bitstamp account. is a hugely inefficient idea, taking weeks compared to just wire transferring to a local bitcoins transactor, taking at most 3-5 days (purely the time of 1 wire transfer).

i see no positives in such an idea to use such illicit activities. when there is a much simpler, faster, easier and legal method to do it. and its called localbitcoins

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:22:55 AM

Localbitcoins is one option if there are sellers in your area but most of them charge at least 4-5% fees

If you're in the US, I'm pretty sure Coinbase does not even ask your age when you sign up for an account, just provide bank account info and verify, then buy BTC! 1% fee there.

jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:24:07 AM

All your responses are cracking me up!  Dutch, the youth of today can't get away with the things we did 20-30 years ago.  Hell, they're more at-risk today for becoming an addition to the sex-offender registry for stupid adolescent stuff.  

Regarding the age thing, there is a significant legal risk/liability encumbered upon the business that knowingly transacts with a minor (juvenile, not Loretta Lynn's father).  If the parents found out, didn't approve, or even forced the minor to turn over all accounts to them, the company, hopefully deeply rooted in every major security effort they can handle, would react accordingly as if the situation was a scam and freeze it all pending litigation.  This can get dog butt ugly.

Kid, I don't know where you live but I'd happily give you some coin if I had any. But I suggest the faucet sites as a start.  I've made a whole dollar on them already!  Just be careful, know the laws and rules.  Ask lots of questions, be safe, and let us know how it goes.  If you need bail monkey we'll be here cussing each other...lol.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: