Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:45:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You work your butt off, and a rich dude does nothing and gets rich - how?  (Read 23775 times)
Ozziecoin (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 04:15:21 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 08:00:36 AM by Ozziecoin

Maybe the OP's issue is with money printing ie QE and not FRB?

I understand FRB allows massive credit creation without any backing (eg Gold Standard & deposits to match lending). On the whole though, I always thought lending is an important growth engine.

What isn't healthy is the inequality that comes with money printing / QE.

QE and other related programs essentially gives free money to the top of the food chain. Banks can and have lent $ from the Fed at 0% interest and then lent the same $ back to the govt at 2-3%, making risk free profit. The $ given to the banks at 0% isn't being lent to the middle class or lower classes at the moment, for now there is no trickle down effect. And because there is a system awash with cheap credit coupled with ZIRP, people and corporations are forced to speculate to find returns. This is why there is such a run up in the stock market and RE. The Feds policies are basically pushing you to speculate because keeping in cash means slowly losing your value. If you can't get into stocks or RE, then what?

The inequality of this can also be combined with the fact that it is basically legal for financial institutions to commit fraud and receive no penalty. No major banker has gone to jail for the deeds committed in the lead up to the financial crisis. Trillions of $ were lost from the pension funds and investment vehicles from working and middle classes worldwide, yet no one pays for it. The best that has happened is some large fines,taken without admittance of guilt, that still do not make fraud unprofitable. As has been said a thousand times, the big banks are not there to look after customers, they are there to make a profit. Fraud and fines are part of the cost of doing business. The justfication here is that it is a) hard to prosecute because evidence is hard to gather b) hard to beat an army of high priced lawyers that can argue for years on end and c) possibly detrimental to the health of the system.

All of this is of course patently absurd. Guy like Dimon, Blankfein, Diamond, Cohen etc should all be in jail. The money they made from the markets they have rigged (basically everything) comes from yours, mine and everybody's pockets in some way.

But the real kicker here is that if Average Joe down the street robs a shop or lies to the govt about tax or something, he's going to the big house.

Money printing is what happens after the FRB system (including shadow banking) has failed.  Both are at fault in my view, as both inflate the wealth of the rich relative to those who hold no assets. And Krugman is no conscience of no liberal.  He is working for the wrong team.  He is crucifying the very people he claims to be helping, the people without assets will never catch up to the people with assets under FRB/QE.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:57:08 AM

...The Feds policies are basically pushing you to speculate because keeping in cash means slowly losing your value. If you can't get into stocks or RE, then what?

Well sure, low interest rates push people to spend and invest.  That's the intent of lowering interest rates.  You seem to be upset because it works as intended.

The inequality of this can also be combined with the fact that it is basically legal for financial institutions to commit fraud and receive no penalty. No major banker has gone to jail for the deeds committed in the lead up to the financial crisis. ...

The rich get preferential treatment from the courts?  In MY America?!
Sure.  Multimillion dollar legal teams find employment, while there are perfectly good court-appointed attorneys for the poor.  If both net the same results, why spend the extra money?  

Low interest rates punish savers, punish the prudent among us.

Low interest rates allow governments to survive the interest repayments on debt that would otherwise render them insolvent.

I read that in the UK, low IR's have pilfered triple the amount from citizens through low to negative returns than have saved the populace in mortgage repayments.

Monetary policy is used to stimulate demand in order to smooth out the business cycle, however long term ZIRP have a consequence of wealth transfer, which is, in agreement with the OP, a subtle form of class war.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:02:22 AM

...The Feds policies are basically pushing you to speculate because keeping in cash means slowly losing your value. If you can't get into stocks or RE, then what?

Well sure, low interest rates push people to spend and invest.  That's the intent of lowering interest rates.  You seem to be upset because it works as intended.

The inequality of this can also be combined with the fact that it is basically legal for financial institutions to commit fraud and receive no penalty. No major banker has gone to jail for the deeds committed in the lead up to the financial crisis. ...

The rich get preferential treatment from the courts?  In MY America?!
Sure.  Multimillion dollar legal teams find employment, while there are perfectly good court-appointed attorneys for the poor.  If both net the same results, why spend the extra money? 

Low interest rates punish savers, punish the prudent among us.

Low interest rates allow governments to survive the interest repayments on debt that would otherwise render them insolvent.

I read that in the UK, low IR's have pilfered triple the amount from citizens through low to negative returns than have saved the populace in mortgage repayments.

Monetary policy is used to stimulate demand in order to smooth out the business cycle, however long term ZIRP have a consequence of wealth transfer, which is, in agreement with the OP, a subtle form of class war.

I think a big reason for low interest rates is also because it helps push money into the economy. If interest rates are high, people are going to save. If they're low, might as well spend instead (like investments and such).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:55:52 AM

Please read page one and answer the question before commenting Ranlo.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:00:53 AM

I was responding to that person's post. As for how this works, it's simple: we have a free market. You either work for someone else or you are the boss; that's entirely your choice. It's quite literally as easy as that. The problem is Americans, as a whole, are lazy and want everything handed to them. Which is great for the market makers, since they can capitalize on laziness (which is where lower wages come from and more profit for bosses).

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 09:14:36 AM

I knew there was a reason I put ranlo on ignore!  Cheesy

Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:14:40 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 11:43:23 AM by Slingshot

I was responding to that person's post. As for how this works, it's simple: we have a free market. You either work for someone else or you are the boss; that's entirely your choice. It's quite literally as easy as that. The problem is Americans, as a whole, are lazy and want everything handed to them. Which is great for the market makers, since they can capitalize on laziness (which is where lower wages come from and more profit for bosses).

You must be joking. That's sheer nonsense spoken from lips of someone I would like to see sacrificed to the devil.

Idiots like this can't even handle the facts, nor any of the truth. Lie and deny is all your capable of doing instead.

So lower wages comes from laziness. Wrong.

They exported many jobs, and imported many illegal and legal aliens to pay lower wages. Hint: 1992: Perot: Giant sucking sound. NAFTA.

What didn't you get the memo 34 years ago in 1980 either? Wait, your not that old maybe, and obviously you were born with a silver spoon.

Well hear this: They threw the American Public under the boss for ever more profits. They destroyed American family farmers and they destroyed American small businesses by driving them under. Now we don't have enough jobs, let alone enough better paying jobs hence now they can lower wages even further. Then jerks and clowns have the gall to come here and state what? How dare you!

And here this this worthless, lying piece of filth, he comes here to blame the workers for being too lazy, all while he sits on his fat ass doing nothing but rake in ever more record profits while corporations slash and burn millions of more jobs for ever more record profits. Well the music just stopped. Now your time is up. You have been finally Checkmated. You obviously inherited all yours and never worked an honest day in your entire life. Either that or your absolutely retarded to the extreme. Now brace for utter ruin you lying piece of filth.

listen to this: George Carlin ~ The American Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q&feature=player_embedded

RIP George Carlin.

Free markets don't Reward Failure.

All the losers were wiped out. Everyone except the Winners lost everything.

The banks took almost everyone down with them.

Until we stopped practicing free market capitalism in 2008.

On top of Rewarding Failure we then witness Bonuses for Losers. The Criminal Losers.

Free Markets. The man is insane. He is so full of crap he can't see straight.

The losers kept on with their illegal short squeezes relentlessly, until they finally lost control, then when they again gained control they demand congress pass a bs Tarp bill that was all smoke and mirrors, all while they again Pull the market down by 777 points for the bs Tarp bill to get passed (CNBC Mrs Money Honey "we need you all to sell, sell, sell. Sell so congress will pass the Tarp bill" the day the market fell 777 points. Go ahead it's all there. She is a criminal too. RICO Act Felony Conspiracy for doing such a thing (illegal market manipulation).

All while the criminal Fed drafts trillions in secret bailout monies to all their criminal member banks and other pals. The Tarp Bill was all a shame to misdirect attention and gain support, nothing more. Chump change is 800 billion. All told the Fed loaned out 15.3 Trillion at their last confession that I heard about by 2012 when they finally publicly admitted the truth. No telling how much in the two plus years since then. In the mean time the banks are still hiding their losses off balance sheets, and still claiming record profits, still marking assets to fantasy. All while the government still refuses to send them all straight to prison or a firing squad.

Of course they re-blew the bubbles with The Bubble of Last Resort. Just like the FED is now almost the entire Bond Market because no one on earth except the dumbest of the dumb would dare buy Treasuries. Even the FED has scooped up all the Mortgage paper it can because of course the FED doesn't want to be holding a worthless bag of treasuries should anything else go wrong.

All while the PPT (Plunge Protection team: Fed+ US Treasury) kept on buying round after round of SP500 futures, all in vain efforts to push back up the market. But finally the reality would have none of it. And down all the crooks and almost everyone else went. The real winners? Most were swept away in dozens of short squeezes. Only a few remained in tact at the end, lucky for them.

Next up it will be "Bail-In's" to save him and his criminal bankster pals, and his criminal friends on wall street, not to mention every pension and retirement fund along with every other institutional fund and hedge fund all bailed out. And it wasn't by way of "Free Markets". You lying filthy LOSER.

And when bail-in's fail as they surely will they will demand Ten's of Trillions in instant Bailouts, and likely Ten's of Billions in ever more Bonuses for Failure, just to rub it in who owns who.

Free markets? Your full of shit. Your a LOSER. Everyone Lost. Except those that were honestly short the markets during their 20+ month crash period. But of course almost all those winners were turned into Losers by short squeeze after short squeeze. I want and demand to be part of that firing squad. After all they stole some of my winnings too. I am one of the real Winners. Hands down, short for all 20 months I was. I beat these LOSERS. And all while they claimed the economy was fine, everything is a-okay. Housing isn't in any bubble, the markets are not in any bubble, and the banks are not committing widespread felony frauds per the FBI themselves, nor passing worthless tranches in trillions of mortgages onto unsuspecting victims worldwide..

And this ass-wipe comes along preaching 'free markets'. What bullshit. Get the hell out of here.

Get the hell out of here. And don't come back. Your not welcome here. No one wants nor desires you here. NEVER. Just get the hell out of here and get ready to go to prison for the rest of your worthless existence.
Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 12:00:43 PM

My personal experience with normal everyday Americans is that they are a positive hardworking honest bunch. It's unfortunate about the military/finance machine running in the background.

sameev29

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:48:28 PM

From my experience its the nationalism system of the world.For example in the world of Bitcoins,a multipool developer from Asia will charge much less than a developer from US.Although the work is same.He can charge more being in the US and buyers will prefer him more but the one in Asia is preferred less for these newly sophisticated technical works.Many common IT related works are outsourced from Asia on the other hand too but not for all sectors.

For your topic,actually no can can get rich doing nothing.He has to do some sort of work at least physically or mentally.It could be that he is fueling the project with his idea and letting the technicians handle the work and so on.

Please read the first page.  Smiley

Actually I don't understand the technical aspects of economics.I just told my experience and what I think about the topic.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:55:29 PM

You must be joking. That's sheer nonsense spoken from lips of someone I would like to see sacrificed to the devil.

Idiots like this can't even handle the facts, nor any of the truth. Lie and deny is all your capable of doing instead.

//Moar stuffz

On top of Rewarding Failure we then witness Bonuses for Losers. The Criminal Losers.

So what you're saying here is... survival of the fittest. This is exactly how it should be.

Delusion takes over far too many people's lives and leads them to the point where they feel like they should be carried to riches. It's a ridiculous thought and I'm glad it doesn't work that way. There are TONS of people who go from being extremely poor and having nothing (nor any "chances" to make it) to multi-millionaires. Because someone hands it to them? No. Because they want it and they go get it. If you want to hold yourself back, that's your own damned choice, but quit trying to drag down the rest of us with you.

(Disclaimer: I can't speak for people in countries other than the US, as I'm not sure how the various markets/laws/etc. work. As such, this is geared only towards US citizens)

Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 11:40:26 PM

Whatever ranlo said u can safely ignore.

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:14:10 AM

Ozziecoin I suggest showing your total M3 supply instead of the M3 growth in the chart on your website. The reason why is that to the lay-person they may look at that graph and think to themselves that the "growth is pretty steady, no big changes", while if you show them the actual M3 it's easier to imagine that their money is getting inflated through the roof.

Just my suggestion

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 12:24:35 AM

Ozziecoin I suggest showing your total M3 supply instead of the M3 growth in the chart on your website. The reason why is that to the lay-person they may look at that graph and think to themselves that the "growth is pretty steady, no big changes", while if you show them the actual M3 it's easier to imagine that their money is getting inflated through the roof.

Just my suggestion
Thanks for the suggestion. The second chart is below. I will move it up to immediately below the first chart. Soon.

tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:16:05 AM

//Moar stuffz

So what you're saying here is... survival of the fittest. This is exactly how it should be.

Delusion takes over far too many people's lives and leads them to the point where they feel like they should be carried to riches. It's a ridiculous thought and I'm glad it doesn't work that way. There are TONS of people who go from being extremely poor and having nothing (nor any "chances" to make it) to multi-millionaires. Because someone hands it to them? No. Because they want it and they go get it. If you want to hold yourself back, that's your own damned choice, but quit trying to drag down the rest of us with you.

(Disclaimer: I can't speak for people in countries other than the US, as I'm not sure how the various markets/laws/etc. work. As such, this is geared only towards US citizens)

Yes, Slingshot was referring to survival of the fittest except that.... that is exactly what didnt happen as a result of the financial crisis. Instead, those who, criminally I might add, caused the crisis, were given free money to mask their failures under the guise of 'TBTF' and the implicit guarantee of the now infamous Holder Memo that aims to fine rather than prosecute. This is really permission to scam as much as you can because there is no threat of jail time to put banksters off...

Your view sounds rather Tea Party-esque; blame all problems on the welfare cheats and the lazy people who lack the motivation to claw their way up from the bottom, while ignoring the fact that the roots of the problem comes from the conscience-less white collar brigade. This is not to say there are no welfare cheats and lazy asses, because there are, but, assuming there is an equal amount of welfare cheats compared to white collar fraudsters, who has caused the most damage?

jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:24:18 AM

There are economic gaps everywhere, and it's not because of a rigged system. It's somewhat because of luck.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 01:33:35 AM

There are economic gaps everywhere, and it's not because of a rigged system. It's somewhat because of luck.
If you make such a statement, you tend to have to provide this thing called evidence. LOL.  For those that just joined us, please read page one.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:00:25 AM

Yup it's all luck, you sir are all correct.  85 people in this world have more wealth than 3.5 billion people, are just 'lucky'.  If you're in the backwater of Africa and Asia, all you need to do is pull up your bootstraps (oh wait can't afford said boots) and then encounter "luck".   Roll Eyes

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:05:25 AM

Yup it's all luck, you sir are all correct.  85 people in this world have more wealth than 3.5 billion people, are just 'lucky'.  If you're in the backwater of Africa and Asia, all you need to do is pull up your bootstraps (oh wait can't afford said boots) and then encounter "luck".   Roll Eyes

Being born in the right place and being at the right time is considered luck.
Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 06:12:45 AM

We should do things necessary to let the "luck" run out, instead of letting it grow and grow and grow and ...  well, you know what i mean.

efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:44:21 AM

A lot of things have to be right for someone to be able to get to the top.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: