Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:36:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You work your butt off, and a rich dude does nothing and gets rich - how?  (Read 23775 times)
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:40:41 PM

You work your butt off? It's at Mcdonalds, let's be honest that will get you no where. The honest thing is, the corporations are the ones to keep getting richer and richer while the working man helps get that accomplished. Its all a game.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:57:41 PM

It was always like this. Long ago you were born into royalty and others were born into poverty or slavery, they worked their asses off and had nothing their whole lives. Life sux there's no equality and never will be.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:37:12 AM

It was always like this. Long ago you were born into royalty and others were born into poverty or slavery, they worked their asses off and had nothing their whole lives. Life sux there's no equality and never will be.

I'm not convinced. Yes, historically, the basic dynamics of rich vs. poor have never left us, and we aren't exactly fighting the trend, either. But I'm still of the opinion that people can only be kept down for so long....

Ozziecoin (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 02:34:54 AM

For me at least, cryptocurrency is a way to remove one of the major inequality barriers plaguing society. I find it abhorrent that it is possible for asset holders to become wealthier doing nothing. We should at least remove this feature of modern economies by eradicating FRB. In my view, the best way to achieve this is via having an uninflatable fixed money supply. I.e. crypto currency on a blockchain.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:57:16 AM

I'm not convinced. Yes, historically, the basic dynamics of rich vs. poor have never left us, and we aren't exactly fighting the trend, either. But I'm still of the opinion that people can only be kept down for so long....

I tend to agree that inequality will always be around. We can certainly lessen it greatly but leveling the playing field instead of tilting it in favor of the aristocrats.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:35:51 PM

For me at least, cryptocurrency is a way to remove one of the major inequality barriers plaguing society. I find it abhorrent that it is possible for asset holders to become wealthier doing nothing...

Holding bitcoin has done just that.
okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:51:51 PM

There will be always someone luckier than you, who gets things almost effortless.
But I guess one should take comfort in knowing that if you work your butt off you'll end up better than most dudes in your starting position.
TheDoors

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:07:04 PM

The matter is, that there are different rich dudes. Some of them, got rich working their butt off. You just do, what you think you should do, and the result you get is what you deserve.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:51:18 PM

For me at least, cryptocurrency is a way to remove one of the major inequality barriers plaguing society. I find it abhorrent that it is possible for asset holders to become wealthier doing nothing...

Indeed it has, but anyone with an internet connection can acquire bit coin and invest with it. There will never be true economic equality, but we don't have to live in a world where the laws and economic playing field is stacked in favor of the rich.

NotLambchop

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:06:55 PM

Indeed it has, but anyone with an internet connection can acquire bit coin and invest with it...

To be more precise, anyone with an internet connection and $654 could acquire a bitcoin.  It is an investment in and of itself.
Investing *with* bitcoin, AKA "invest while you invest," has proved to be slightly less profitable than investing in streetcorner shell games.
Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 03:09:58 AM

Indeed it has, but anyone with an internet connection can acquire bit coin and invest with it. There will never be true economic equality, but we don't have to live in a world where the laws and economic playing field is stacked in favor of the rich.
Aye. The initial discrepancy in bitcoin wealth distribution is a one time event, which was made worse by the wealth inequalities in the FRB system allowing the wealthy to acquire more bitcoins to begin with. However, in future years, one must spend bitcoin to obtain goods and services. It will no longer be possible to create more bitcoins out of thin air, as long as all the bitcoins are accounted for on the one blockchain.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:19:31 PM

Aye. The initial discrepancy in bitcoin wealth distribution is a one time event, which was made worse by the wealth inequalities in the FRB system allowing the wealthy to acquire more bitcoins to begin with. However, in future years, one must spend bitcoin to obtain goods and services. It will no longer be possible to create more bitcoins out of thin air, as long as all the bitcoins are accounted for on the one blockchain.
You know how long it will take before bitcoins can no longer be mined? Don't worry about far future, btc may become obsolete before it reaches 21 mill.

██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
leezay

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:30:31 PM

You know how long it will take before bitcoins can no longer be mined? Don't worry about far future, btc may become obsolete before it reaches 21 mill.

What will make btc obsolete?

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:48:58 PM

Why would it go obsolete? It is designed to be able to evolve with a changing world. 

okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:40:06 PM

Why would it go obsolete? It is designed to be able to evolve with a changing world. 

Yes, and besides that, big names and tech companies are about to get in.
When that happens, they'll have too much to lose and take care of bitcoin's future themselves.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:06:02 PM

Yes, and besides that, big names and tech companies are about to get in.
When that happens, they'll have too much to lose and take care of bitcoin's future themselves.

Exactly. These large organizations now have a vested interest in the future of bit coin. This is a great thing for us.

Ozziecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 12:13:13 AM

One suspects that in the highly unlikely event bitcoin is obsolete that it will be replaced by an alternate cryptocurrency.  As long as the Internet exists, cryptocurrency will exist (is my current view). I think governments are more likely to collapse than for the Internet to collapse. I think the Internet is probably more resilient than the global financial system itself.  

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:03:02 AM

One suspects that in the highly unlikely event bitcoin is obsolete that it will be replaced by an alternate cryptocurrency.  As long as the Internet exists, cryptocurrency will exist (is my current view). I think governments are more likely to collapse than for the Internet to collapse. I think the Internet is probably more resilient than the global financial system itself.  

Eventually their will be a satellite based global wifi network. There are a few projects planning that now.

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:07:34 AM

It's all about the ownership of newly created money --- they belong to reserve banks. Basically banks create money to buy everything on the planet

Notice that the "money" mentioned here is base money, not that FRB based money illusion (M2/M3), banks usually use money illusion to prevent the general public from seeing the truth, and that tactic works very well. You lend the same $100 bill out 10 times and created 10 accounts with $100 in each, but you still have only one $100 bill at any moment, the other $900 are only illusions. FRB is a legalized fraud

NotLambchop

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:46:38 AM

^Ever seen a banker moult, johnyj?  It's mesmerizing...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: