Bitcoin Forum
August 09, 2024, 10:54:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So whatever happened with Mt. Gox?  (Read 2461 times)
trashymonkey (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:33:26 AM

Been away from the computer for a while. I was wandering what was the final fate of Mt. Gox? Last time I checked, it had crashed, and no one thought they would get their money back. But there was rumors that people might get back a percentage back or something.

So any updates? Anyone get arrested or sued? And do we know for sure now that it was hackers? A lot of people were speculating that the exec's over there just took the money and ran.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
hulk

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:07:13 PM

Been away from the computer for a while. I was wandering what was the final fate of Mt. Gox? Last time I checked, it had crashed, and no one thought they would get their money back. But there was rumors that people might get back a percentage back or something.

So any updates? Anyone get arrested or sued? And do we know for sure now that it was hackers? A lot of people were speculating that the exec's over there just took the money and ran.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

The money is gone, end of story.

gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:35:51 PM

The money is gone, end of story.
After the shutting down of the site and rejecting BTC withdraws they said that they found half of the stolen amount somewhere on their server or something like that and they were saying for a long time they will return all the money of the people who invested. But of course that never happened.
BR
dailey123

Activity: 128

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:49:42 PM

almost put my money on there one day glad i did not do it cause of the verification system
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:16:27 AM

There are several threads detailing what happened and what is going on after they ceased activity:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179586.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=476535.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=492776.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485933.0

UkashExchange.Net

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 12:36:34 AM

They are talking about bankruptcy... Who went bankrupt? Mtgox... Who got the bitcoins and money without return? Mtgox... So they became billionaire under the pretext of bankruptcy.
Pobre

Activity: 182

HEy Hey HEY??

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:51:45 AM

They officially claimed that they still have 200K btc left with them, and the gox is now preparing to return them back.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
↑ UpDown.BT ↓  Bet on Gold/Oil/Currencies like a Boss ↑ [Thread] ↓
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
UkashExchange.Net

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 12:54:19 PM

They officially claimed that they still have 200K btc left with them, and the gox is now preparing to return them back.

Do you believe that they will return? I don't think so...
Skycraft

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:51:43 AM

Simply... One of the guys felt super safe but was clearly Not... i heard some rumors about some polite suggestionato fix the ports and he sayd "I'm OP! None can take us down" and Boooom!!!

Ahahahaha      Grin

They sayd they Will fix theirself.. No way, I say

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4410
Merit: 3305

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:16:21 AM

Bankruptcies take years to process. This won't be resolved for a long time.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:11:14 AM

I doubt they will be returned. I think they will be liquidated by the bankruptcy trustee/administrator and after various creditors are paid, customers will get a slice. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

ReserviorHunt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:23:55 AM

According to willy report and other sources......it is highly likely that mt.gox either 1) suffered a greater setback through hack attempts than they let on, 2) willingly manipulated their own markets and orders with bots to steal customer funds 3) both.

I have been doing extensive research on these matters and reading up on several well investigated articles. Karpales, or whatever the fatass's name, is truly fucked.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:35:04 AM

According to willy report and other sources......it is highly likely that mt.gox either 1) suffered a greater setback through hack attempts than they let on, 2) willingly manipulated their own markets and orders with bots to steal customer funds 3) both.

I have been doing extensive research on these matters and reading up on several well investigated articles. Karpales, or whatever the fatass's name, is truly fucked.

When you say that Karpeles is fucked, what do you mean by that? Like do you think he's legally fucked? Like he'll be actually charged with something by law enforcement(Japanese?). Or do you mean he's fucked like he's just fucked up in the head?
Pierre11

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:43:35 AM

I doubt they will be returned. I think they will be liquidated by the bankruptcy trustee/administrator and after various creditors are paid, customers will get a slice. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Everything bitcoins still  is going to allow to pay the creditors institutional and the employees thus the holders of bitcoins have little luck to see one day the color.
CryptoKilla

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:06:01 PM

Bankruptcies take years to process. This won't be resolved for a long time.

Not only this but even if it does get processed way down the road, I highly doubt anyone will see their coins back. It's better to just count it as a loss and rebuild what you may have lost.

Get Free Bitcoin on Crypto Account!   24/7 CryptoCurrency Trading   ▷ Check
ReserviorHunt

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:59:37 PM

When you say that Karpeles is fucked, what do you mean by that? Like do you think he's legally fucked? Like he'll be actually charged with something by law enforcement(Japanese?). Or do you mean he's fucked like he's just fucked up in the head?

Death under suspisciou circumstances, or as they call it in US, 'by accident'. There may have been funds in that exchange that belonged to not so honest people, the nkind of people who many of my countrymen know not to mess with unless they ahve a death wish. Only a conjecture at this point, but possbilities are strong.
Gargulan

Activity: 231

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:52:21 PM

Depositors will most likely get back at least 50% of the bitcoin given the large amount of bitcoin Mtgox still hold.

ampere9765

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:42:06 PM

Depositors will most likely get back at least 50% of the bitcoin given the large amount of bitcoin Mtgox still hold.

They only said they had 200k, right? Weren't they short 800k? That's only 25% right there, and there will be other creditors in line as well. Plus administrative/court expenses...
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:33:57 PM

That is an incredibly optimistic estimate I would say. 200k btc wasn't close to 50% and who knows how the bankruptcy is going to pan out.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 08:57:23 PM

They likely ran a ponzi scheme with fractional reserve that got busted when the price collapsed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: