Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:01:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Win 100 BTC by becoming the first Satoshi Superstar!  (Read 21728 times)
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2012, 12:58:26 PM

Win 100 BTC!

That’s right, the Grand Prize Winner of the Satoshi Superstars competition wins 100 BTC, along with all the bragging rights that come along with surviving the elimination rounds. Contestants must:

• Complete tasks as part of a team and as an individual.
  • Win over the hearts of our audience to earn “votes” in the form of satoshis.
  • Garner the respect and admiration of our panel of celebrity (or at least well-known in the bitcoin community) Judges.

Similar to some “reality” competition based television shows, Satoshi Superstars aims to showcase talent in a wide variety of fields. So no matter what your area of expertise, if you think you have what it takes to become the next Satoshi Superstar, head on over to the Contact Page and let us know.

Each season of Satoshi Superstars is expected to last from four to six weeks with the winner announced at the end.

How to play:

1.Submit an application via the Contact Page.

2.Twelve Contestants are chosen by a Site Administrator. Each Contestant is assigned a unique bitcoin address to be used for the sole purpose of collecting votes in the form of satoshis. Bitcoins sent to these addresses become the property of Unofficial BTC and will not be passed on to any contestants!

3.Round One:
  • Twelve Contestants are divided into two equal groups of six and given a task to complete as a team.
  • Judges evaluate team submissions and each Judge awards a pre-determined amount of bitcoins as “votes” to the team with the best entry in the opinion of the Judge. Team votes are divided equally between Voting Addresses of Team members.
  • Site visitors are encouraged to vote for their favorite Contestant by sending satoshis (smallest bitcoin unit) to the BTC address designated as the Contestant’s Voting Address. A pre-determined deadline for voting will be announced.
  • The three Contestants with the least amount of BTC in their Voting Address when the deadline is reached will be eliminated from the competition. Eliminated Contestants are eligible for future contests and encouraged to reapply.

4.Round Two:
  • Nine remaining Contestants are divided into three teams of three and given another task to complete as a team..
  • Judges evaluate team submissions and each Judge awards a pre-determined amount of bitcoins as “votes” to the team with the best entry in the opinion of the Judge. Team votes are divided equally between Voting Addresses of Team members.
  • Site visitors are encouraged to vote for their favorite Contestant by sending satoshis (smallest bitcoin unit) to the BTC address designated as the Contestant’s Voting Address. A pre-determined deadline for voting will be announced..
  • The three Contestants with the least amount of BTC in their Voting Address when the deadline is reached will be eliminated from the competition. Eliminated Contestants will be eligible for future contests.

5.Round Three:
  • Six remaining Contestants are divided into three teams of two and given another task to complete as a team.
  • Site visitors are encouraged to vote for their favorite Contestant by sending satoshis (smallest bitcoin unit) to the BTC address designated as the Contestant’s Voting Address. A pre-determined deadline for voting will be announced.
  • The two Contestants with the least amount of BTC in their Voting Address when the deadline is reached will be eliminated from the competition. Eliminated Contestants will be eligible for future contests.
  • Votes from the public will not be accepted after Round Three. Any satoshis sent to Contestants’ Voting Addresses will be withdrawn as soon as possible by the Site Administrator.

6.Round Four – Final Round:
  • Four remaining Contestants are given a task to complete on their own.
  • Judges evaluate submissions and each Judge awards a pre-determined amount of bitcoins as “votes” to the Contestant with the best entry in the opinion of the Judge.
  • Out of the four remaining Contestants of the final round of the season, the Contestant with the greatest balance in his/her designated Voting Address when the Judges have awarded their final Votes will be announced as the next Satoshi Superstar and will receive the Grand Prize.

Be sure to also check out our Judges' blogs!

Feel free to use this thread to ask questions or discuss the contest but please use the Contact Page only to apply to be a Contestant - PMs requesting consideration will be ignored.

Good luck!

Satoshi Superstars is a competition created and run solely by Unofficial BTC.

Still around.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 03:03:29 PM

Mathew~~ Grin

edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2012, 04:30:27 PM

Mathew~~ Grin

I think Matthew would be a great contestant. He's intelligent, talented, and highly entertaining.

Still around.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2012, 02:04:55 PM

Operation Fabulous ad spots are now active!

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2012, 03:50:18 PM

Mathew~~ Grin

I think Matthew would be a great contestant. He's intelligent, talented, and highly entertaining.

edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2012, 06:31:42 PM

You're welcome to enter, as well, Phinnaeus!

I can see it now, Phinnaeus and Matthew forced to cooperate on a team, then immediately at each other's throats in the next round, and finally, a showdown between PG and MNW in the Final Round with two unfortunate souls caught in the crossfire.

Now that's entertainment!

Still around.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2012, 09:39:51 PM

I'm a judge!

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 01:11:42 AM

Congratulations to Tuxavant for passing the first hurdle and becoming the first Contestant at Satoshi Superstars (apparently more daunting than it appears).

Once we have twelve Contestants, the first Task will be announced and the competition will begin!

Still around.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 05:10:50 AM

What kind of tasks???
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 05:02:03 PM

What kind of tasks???

Contestants will be given hypothetical situations and problems to solve involving bitcoin related businesses, advertising and PR, humanitarian developments, etc. I'm trying to gear it toward skill sets that are easily exhibited online, only requiring an internet connection. Imagination and creativity will be the most highly valued attributes, however.

An entertaining, humorous, well-spoken contestant with some original ideas will have as good a chance as a highly paid website developer, if not more.

Still around.
jimrandomh

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 05:04:01 PM

This is a Dollar Auction pretending to be a game show.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 05:22:50 PM

This is a Dollar Auction pretending to be a game show.

I knew this might be a concern for some which is why "Voting" by anyone but the Judges will not be allowed in the Final Round. Contestants who attempt to "outbid" other Contestants prior to the Judges final votes will either have spent their bitcoins in vain or will end up with a prize that costs more than its actually worth. I'm hoping the Contestants are smarter than that.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 02:27:54 PM

So how many contestants do you have now?

And, moreover, how many have applied but didn't make the cut?

I'm now considering it, though all day yesterday I was thinking about waiting for the next round.

I thought of something else I wish to share with you. What if you had the same contest reserved for major companies or other Bitcoin related entities. For an example, Matthew would represent Bitcoin Magazine.

~Bruno~
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 02:51:17 PM

So how many contestants do you have now?

And, moreover, how many have applied but didn't make the cut?

I'm now considering it, though all day yesterday I was thinking about waiting for the next round.

I thought of something else I wish to share with you. What if you had the same contest reserved for major companies or other Bitcoin related entities. For an example, Matthew would represent Bitcoin Magazine.

~Bruno~

Still only Tuxavant at the moment. This season will probably be the easiest to enter since I want to get the competition going ASAP. The site has been getting a lot of traffic but no one else has made contact. No offense, Tuxavant, but I hope you don't win the prize by default!

Phinnaeus, I would be concerned about offering a monetary prize to an organization based on a similar competition since it seems that the one with the most resources would be most likely to win. A foundation dedicated to helping bitcoin businesses and projects with grants might be more beneficial. With Satoshi Superstars, my twin primary goals are entertainment and exposing the uninitiated to the many facets of bitcoin.

Since I’ve had quite a few requests for an example of what kind of Task might be assigned to Contestants, I’ll also take this opportunity to post one here.

This Task is merely an example and will not be used, at least not in the first Season.

Emus For Bitcoins
Your eccentric, Libertarian uncle recently passed away and mentioned you in his will. You and your cousins (Contestants) are gathered together to hear the details. His emu farm was the only thing of value he left behind and your uncle made provisions to leave it to only one descendant. You must present a business plan to the executors of his estate (Judges) outlining how you would not only maintain but grow the business accepting only bitcoins as a means of payment, according to your late uncle’s wishes. Assuming that the farm is currently only breaking even but has a good line of credit at the local bank, has no assets to speak of (other than the physical property and the emus) but no significant debt either, convince the Judges that you have the best plan to honor your uncle’s memory.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 03:51:16 PM

Phinnaeus, I would be concerned about offering a monetary prize to an organization based on a similar competition since it seems that the one with the most resources would be most likely to win. A foundation dedicated to helping bitcoin businesses and projects with grants might be more beneficial. With Satoshi Superstars, my twin primary goals are entertainment and exposing the uninitiated to the many facets of bitcoin.

I didn't take into consideration of the voting process when I made the suggestion, for my mind was stuck in the judges-making-determinations mode. Entertainment wouldn't be a problem with my idea, and it would expose Bitcoin related entities to the masses. Perhaps a tweak or two would make this work. Think Celebrity Apprentice modeled after The Apprentice. Think about it! That would make you the Donald Trump of Bitcoin. On second thought, just pass me another cup of that BitBrew.

Emus For Bitcoins
Your eccentric, Libertarian uncle recently passed away and mentioned you in his will. You and your cousins (Contestants) are gathered together to hear the details. His emu farm was the only thing of value he left behind and your uncle made provisions to leave it to only one descendant. You must present a business plan to the executors of his estate (Judges) outlining how you would not only maintain but grow the business accepting only bitcoins as a means of payment, according to your late uncle’s wishes. Assuming that the farm is currently only breaking even but has a good line of credit at the local bank, has no assets to speak of (other than the physical property and the emus) but no significant debt either, convince the Judges that you have the best plan to honor your uncle’s memory.

I'm liking this more and more. I would tackle this with my unique humor, coupled with my years of life experience, and I'll be golden. I'm going to give this a quick stab for humor purposes only.

Uncle Remus, on my mother's side, always expressed to me that he desired an emu petting farm, but unfortunately passed before seeing it to fruition. Fortunately for him, his oldest nephew, Phinnaeus, is about to save the day. The farm just happens to set within a region of the country where there's a large enough population base to support an emu petting farm. It will be named Uncle Remus's Emus and Alligators. The general populace won't be able to pet the alligators, for they're only there as added feature to make sure that the business plan doesn't fail. The patrons will be able to pet the emus and view the alligators. They'll be able to even feed the alligators by tossing them food. Of course, the alligators are pretty big animals and require a lot of food. Enter the emus. That's right! Since we all know that emus breed like rabbits, we are going to feed the alligators the extra emus. Now, this is where the real money rolls in. In the leather world, alligator hide brings in more revenue than emu hides, albeit we're talking about the black market, for selling alligator hides is illegal. I think you see where this is going, but I'll spell it out anyway: S-I-L-K R-O-A-D. For added income, located in the back of the farm, there'll be a chicken petting area for those into alternative life styles. With tears in my eyes, I can see Uncle Remus rolling in his grave smiling.

So, correct me if I'm wrong. With a somewhat real business plan coupled with a little humor, a contestant could possibly garner more votes than other contestants if the story is enjoyable by the readers. This, I can get into. I sure the hell hope that Matthew doesn't get wind of this, for he'll be all over it like...

With this post, I formally toss in my Dr. Seuss hat to enter this contest, or do I have to go through the formality of formally applying?

~Bruno~
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 04:05:19 PM

I didn't take into consideration of the voting process when I made the suggestion, for my mind was stuck in the judges-making-determinations mode. Entertainment wouldn't be a problem with my idea, and it would expose Bitcoin related entities to the masses. Perhaps a tweak or two would make this work. Think Celebrity Apprentice modeled after The Apprentice. Think about it! That would make you the Donald Trump of Bitcoin. On second thought, just pass me another cup of that BitBrew.

Emus For Bitcoins

I'm liking this more and more. I would tackle this with my unique humor, coupled with my years of life experience, and I'll be golden. I'm going to give this a quick stab for humor purposes only.

Uncle Remus, on my mother's side, always expressed to me that he desired an emu petting farm, but unfortunately passed before seeing it to fruition. Fortunately for him, his oldest nephew, Phinnaeus, is about to save the day. The farm just happens to set within a region of the country where there's a large enough population base to support an emu petting farm. It will be named Uncle Remus's Emus and Alligators. The general populace won't be able to pet the alligators, for they're only there as added feature to make sure that the business plan doesn't fail. The patrons will be able to pet the emus and view the alligators. They'll be able to even feed the alligators by tossing them food. Of course, the alligators are pretty big animals and require a lot of food. Enter the emus. That's right! Since we all know that emus breed like rabbits, we are going to feed the alligators the extra emus. Now this is where the real money rolls in. In the leather world, alligator hide brings in more revenue than emu hides, albeit we're talking about the black market, for selling alligator hides is illegal. I think you see where this is going, but I'll spell it out anyway: S-I-L-K R-O-A-D. With tears in my eyes, I can see Uncle Remus rolling in his grave smiling.

So, correct me if I'm wrong. With a somewhat real business plan coupled with a little humor, a contestant could possibly garner more votes than other contestants if the story is enjoyable by the readers. This, I can get into.

That's the spirit, Phinnaeus!

Yep, public voting with satoshis are meant to be primarily tie-breakers in the elimination rounds. Contestants will be attempting to convince the Judges that they will put the 100 BTC prize to good use if they win while simultaneously milking the audience for the extra nudge to put them ahead of the rest.

And I have more good news! Another Contestant will be announced shortly once I've confirmed a couple of details. Curious as to who it is? I'll give you a hint:

I sure the hell hope that Matthew doesn't get wind of this, for he'll be all over it like...

Still around.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 04:17:12 PM

You should probably solicit people to enter. Send them a PM telling them why you feel they would make a good contestant (I’m assuming you have already thought about how many potential contestants are out there). Seems like that would be a faster process than waiting for someone to decide they want the grand prize.

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind. I was trying to remain as impartial as possible but apparently 100 BTC isn't as enticing as I thought it would be.

I'll give it a couple of more days and then start a more aggressive campaign. Honestly, though, almost 900 page views in 72 hours and only two applicants? I'm not asking for money, people, only a little time and effort.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 04:35:47 PM

Emus For Bitcoins

Uncle Remus, on my mother's side, always expressed to me that he desired an emu petting farm, but unfortunately passed before seeing it to fruition. Fortunately for him, his oldest nephew, Phinnaeus, is about to save the day. The farm just happens to set within a region of the country where there's a large enough population base to support an emu petting farm. It will be named Uncle Remus's Emus and Alligators. The general populace won't be able to pet the alligators, for they're only there as added feature to make sure that the business plan doesn't fail. The patrons will be able to pet the emus and view the alligators. They'll be able to even feed the alligators by tossing them food. Of course, the alligators are pretty big animals and require a lot of food. Enter the emus. That's right! Since we all know that emus breed like rabbits, we are going to feed the alligators the extra emus. Now this is where the real money rolls in. In the leather world, alligator hide brings in more revenue than emu hides, albeit we're talking about the black market, for selling alligator hides is illegal. I think you see where this is going, but I'll spell it out anyway: S-I-L-K R-O-A-D. With tears in my eyes, I can see Uncle Remus rolling in his grave smiling.

So, correct me if I'm wrong. With a somewhat real business plan coupled with a little humor, a contestant could possibly garner more votes than other contestants if the story is enjoyable by the readers. This, I can get into.

That's the spirit, Phinnaeus!

Yep, public voting with satoshis are meant to be primarily tie-breakers in the elimination rounds. Contestants will be attempting to convince the Judges that they will put the 100 BTC prize to good use if they win while simultaneously milking the audience for the extra nudge to put them ahead of the rest.

And I have more good news! Another Contestant will be announced shortly once I've confirmed a couple of details. Curious as to who it is? I'll give you a hint:

I sure the hell hope that Matthew doesn't get wind of this, for he'll be all over it like...

I better get on board while the pile's still warm. Soon, Randy will want a piece of this pile, exited from the opposite end of a pie hole.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 04:40:09 PM

You should probably solicit people to enter. Send them a PM telling them why you feel they would make a good contestant (I’m assuming you have already thought about how many potential contestants are out there). Seems like that would be a faster process than waiting for someone to decide they want the grand prize.

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind. I was trying to remain as impartial as possible but apparently 100 BTC isn't as enticing as I thought it would be.

I'll give it a couple of more days and then start a more aggressive campaign. Honestly, though, almost 900 page views in 72 hours and only two applicants? I'm not asking for money, people, only a little time and effort.

No, you’re not asking for money. You’re asking someone with an existing reputation as a Bitcoin “mover shaker” to invest their reputation in a game show for 100 BTC. I can see it being difficult to get contestants for that. It’s probably the reason people that have the ability to enter are asking for example questions. Mover shakers are busy people and don't have much free time to donate to the effort.

Actually, I'd be happier if more up-and-comers applied. This is an opportunity for an "unknown" to make an impression on a wide audience.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 05:01:08 PM

No, you’re not asking for money. You’re asking someone with an existing reputation as a Bitcoin “mover shaker” to invest their reputation in a game show for 100 BTC. I can see it being difficult to get contestants for that. It’s probably the reason people that have the ability to enter are asking for example questions. Mover shakers are busy people and don't have much free time to donate to the effort.

Now that would make more sense.

Actually, I'd be happier if more up-and-comers applied. This is an opportunity for an "unknown" to make an impression on a wide audience.

Now that would make more sense to me. However, lesser characters might be intimidated and not want to compete for fear of losing reputation while just starting out. Matthew is exactly the kind of person I would expect to go for this because he is very imaginative, quick-witted and has the ability to be savage if need be.

And what the hell am I? Chopped Liver, prick?  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: