Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:27:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: www.BitcoinExchange.cc - BTC / MtGoxUSD / Liberty Reserve / WU / MoneyGram  (Read 114267 times)
bleedkira

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 10:32:24 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2011, 10:28:30 PM by bleedkira

I did a relatively large ($1400 worth) BTC -> WU order and it's been almost two weeks and I still haven't received my WU MTCN. I've been asking about it frequently and I keep getting told I will be receiving it within a day or so and still nothing. This is absolutely ridiculous, I shouldn't have to keep hounding them to get my order processed and it definitely shouldn't take anywhere near this long.

Edit: Payment has been received, took a little over two weeks. I really appreciate the quick responses to all my messages.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vasco (OP)
Donator

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

SEIZED by Gunthar

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 10:35:44 PM

Hello Bleedkira,

As stated in earlier e-mails your WU got bounced back. We are going to get it dispatched to you asap. If you accept MoneyGram, we can also get that done for you much quicker.

RTZ143

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 10:23:43 PM

Two weeks and counting for MoneyPak -> BTC

BTCexchange has replied to my emails, which is a positive, though the wait is crazy. I for one will not be using Moneypaks any longer
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 05:51:42 PM

Where is this guy?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
getbitcoin

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 04:52:41 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2011, 05:22:50 PM by getbitcoin

Hey everyone. We do not speak for BitcoinExchange.cc, but hopefully we can provide some info about what the problem is.

The easiest way to get money out of a MoneyPak is to deposit it into your PayPal account. Unfortunately, PayPal doesn't want you to just cash a bunch of MoneyPaks and put the money in your bank account, since they don't make any money on fees that way. Hence, if you are a Bitcoin exchanger and you accept MoneyPak as a form of payment, pretty soon PayPal is going to send you an angry email threatening to freeze your account. (We at Get-Bitcoin.Com have invented a way around this, so we're still accepting payment via MoneyPak, with the standard 24-hour turnaround guarantee, standard fees etc.)

The obvious solution would be for someone to call PayPal and get them to stop freezing everyone's accounts. Unfortunately, we've been trying this for the last two weeks and haven't had any luck; if someone else wants to try, their phone number is:

1-888-221-1161

Business hours:
4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM Pacific Time Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM Pacific Time Saturday and Sunday

Also, you might want to check out the old CoinPal thread for more history on PayPal and Bitcoin.
WiseOldOwl

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 06:24:42 PM

I have been through all this with my exchange.
Spoke with high ranking reps from both Greendot and PayPal.

Greendot's statement is:
"We will never be the first to help bitcoin. You need to have the chairmen of the fed call me and tell me its ok." -From a admitted libertarian and gold/bitcoin enthusiast, whom also is a big dog at greendot.

No bullshit.

PayPal knows full well this is direct competition, and will never help either.
Until they are in a, if you cant beat em join em situation, then they will not help at all. Also Some banks will not support our "Business Type", I am suspicious it is really all banks but some haven't figured it out yet.

They are big businesses and have a routine habit of cutting off services to any form of competition.

Do not waste your time, you cannot coerce with words but must show them with actions. They must want to help on their own.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2011, 01:48:47 AM

Hey everyone. We do not speak for BitcoinExchange.cc, but hopefully we can provide some info about what the problem is.

The easiest way to get money out of a MoneyPak is to deposit it into your PayPal account. Unfortunately, PayPal doesn't want you to just cash a bunch of MoneyPaks and put the money in your bank account, since they don't make any money on fees that way. Hence, if you are a Bitcoin exchanger and you accept MoneyPak as a form of payment, pretty soon PayPal is going to send you an angry email threatening to freeze your account. (We at Get-Bitcoin.Com have invented a way around this, so we're still accepting payment via MoneyPak, with the standard 24-hour turnaround guarantee, standard fees etc.)

The obvious solution would be for someone to call PayPal and get them to stop freezing everyone's accounts. Unfortunately, we've been trying this for the last two weeks and haven't had any luck; if someone else wants to try, their phone number is:

1-888-221-1161

Business hours:

Also, you might want to check out the old CoinPal thread for more history on PayPal and Bitcoin.

I don't think so. Getting the runaround on other stuff from this guy.

WiseOldOwl

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2011, 02:16:24 AM

1-888-221-1161

Business hours:

I don't think so. Getting the runaround on other stuff from this guy.
Not Bashing, and I have waited a long time before making this comment. But if you look through this thread there are a lot of unhappy customers. Terrible communication, and really long wait times. Now that a established member has noticed, I feel it is time to speak up.
Just stating the facts.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2011, 09:41:44 PM

I would absolutely not do business with this man. I'm currently hoping he is incompetent. I think a Mod should flag the title or something. I would not recommend a scammer tag yet.

bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:54:15 AM

I would absolutely not do business with this man. I'm currently hoping he is incompetent. I think a Mod should flag the title or something. I would not recommend a scammer tag yet.

Who?
BitcoinExchange?

WiseOldOwl

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 04:37:54 PM

Who?
BitcoinExchange?
I'm pretty sure that's who he is referring too.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 06:52:54 PM

Who?
BitcoinExchange?
I'm pretty sure that's who he is referring too.

Uh yeah. Is there reason to think that it takes several people to receive bitcoins and not pay?

AinElohim

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 08:01:34 PM

Well for what it's worth, I dealt with BE.cc about a month ago (I'm sure I posted in this thread a few pages ago) and I can say that BE.cc is not (or was not) a scammer and I did get my coins, but BE.cc is slow to respond and ship out your coins once you place you order. Plus I felt cheated because after placing my order, he didn't send the coins til like 2-3 days later when the coins went up like 25%. All in all it took like 4 days to get my coins. Undecided

However, with the amount of bad complaints, the long time it takes for him to even check back on this forum and the time it takes to process his orders, I would say just go with someone else now.
BitcoinBux for example is a great exchanger. Even when I was having trouble with BE.cc, BitcoinBux was fast and responsive to my emails. I even told Bux about my situation and they agreed to try my MP card so I placed an order and like 10 minutes later I recieved my email from them, though they couldn't do anything cause the MP card had already been cashed (I didn't know that til they told me this) but it was nice to see them respond fast to their orders. Smiley

I only wish Bux still took MP cards. Sad
WiseOldOwl

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 09:07:06 PM

We had to suspend BitcoinBux service for a little bit,
We will be back soon though, sorry for the inconvenience.

MoneyPak was a great solution, they just will not help any bitcoin related ventures until there is some precedent on its legality (or that was my understanding). Truly, I was told on the phone by a director that I would have to have the fed call him and tell him its ok.

Well for what it's worth, I dealt with BE.cc about a month ago (I'm sure I posted in this thread a few pages ago) and I can say that BE.cc is not (or was not) a scammer and I did get my coins, but BE.cc is slow to respond and ship out your coins once you place you order. Plus I felt cheated because after placing my order, he didn't send the coins til like 2-3 days later when the coins went up like 25%. All in all it took like 4 days to get my coins. Undecided

However, with the amount of bad complaints, the long time it takes for him to even check back on this forum and the time it takes to process his orders, I would say just go with someone else now.
BitcoinBux for example is a great exchanger. Even when I was having trouble with BE.cc, BitcoinBux was fast and responsive to my emails. I even told Bux about my situation and they agreed to try my MP card so I placed an order and like 10 minutes later I recieved my email from them, though they couldn't do anything cause the MP card had already been cashed (I didn't know that til they told me this) but it was nice to see them respond fast to their orders. Smiley

I only wish Bux still took MP cards. Sad
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 09:31:56 PM

I think he waited to sell my coins and is not going to pay me unless the value goes back up.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2011, 06:05:45 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2011, 11:46:36 PM by FreeMoney

No contact in 3 days, has been 3 weeks total.

The title needs a warning. A long thread with no scam label might trick more people.

update: Dollars that were purchased 3 weeks ago were refunded via Bitcoin today. So while I would not recommend using the service the operator is not a crook.

wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 12:28:48 AM

I've been doing transactions with BitcoinExchange pretty much since he first opened up shop. I've found him to be nothing short of helpful and prompt. The closest thing I have ever had to having a problem with him was when I swapped some BTC for an electronic gift card, and the merchant I wanted a gift card for has a somewhat too aggressive "anti-fraud" system in play. BitcoinExchange went to them as soon as I indicated I hadn't gotten the card after the 48 hours and I had it the next day, which was actually pretty good considering the trouble I had when a friend got me a gift card at the same place for my birthday... took weeks of my friend arguing with them before I could spend it.

Now, I've never actually gotten anything besides gift cards to go spend when I end up trading bitcoins for fiat through him, but what I can tell everyone is that I have never actually had a good experience with Western Union. And BitcoinExchange deals with a bunch of different services when people want those -- all of which are fiat organizations that have a business model that depends on their "right" to charge for anything passing through. If these companies weren't such a giant pain in the ass we wouldn't have had a market niche for Bitcoin in the first place, would we? Bitcoin offers secure, instant transfer of wealth worldwide, just like the existing systems claim to. Except the existing systems charge a sometimes very large fee, have terrible customer service, and play games with the money while delaying its delivery. I've never had money sent to me via WU that I've been able to get in less than 3 days, ever. So even if you discount the fact that WU might have a reason to see Bitcoin die, it's not as if they're some stellar company with tons of satisfied customers and no complaints...

If you choose to give Western Union your business, and have BitcoinExchange send your money through them, put the blame where it belongs when Western Union screws the pooch, because this guy has a lot of happy repeat customers, including myself.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
WiseOldOwl

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 06:36:12 AM

Why haven't I had any issues with WU?
I know there can be some problems but I have had a good 50-100 WU Transactions and haven't had any problems, and certainly never had a delay of 3 days.
I'm just saying that this particular company has a record of bad response time, and more than a few people have complained privately to me about their service.
It is what it is.
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 03:29:08 AM

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)
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=T+yh
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Wackittohard

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 03:31:32 PM

requested MoneyPak Sep 22nd, promised it next day afternoon. Nothing a week later even after he said he'd look into it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: