Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:43:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btcgarden-AM-v1 down to $0.53/GHs. In stock for international selling!  (Read 162650 times)
LightningBlade

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:46:05 AM

any more drop in price after btc price dropped?

worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:52:05 AM

Anyone can give some quick stats about dimensions? I'm honestly afraid that this isn't going to fit into my apartment.
xtoff

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Tru Reputation Network - Proof of Reputation

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 08:26:52 PM

? The price is in $, so why do you think BTCgarden will drop the price ?
If the price would be in btc it will increase now I think  Huh
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:40:23 PM

Anyone can give some quick stats about dimensions? I'm honestly afraid that this isn't going to fit into my apartment.
11.5in x 12in x 7in are the dimensions of the V2 (4 blades).
area3121

Activity: 139

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:57:13 AM

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR PRICE DROP

T1 miner = 812 mbtc
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:37:25 AM

? The price is in $, so why do you think BTCgarden will drop the price ?
If the price would be in btc it will increase now I think  Huh
Because the production price is lower than sales price, and with BTC price drop one can earn (read: lose) less (more) $ using it.  Roll Eyes

xtoff

Activity: 187

Tru Reputation Network - Proof of Reputation

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 01:37:20 PM

Huh
The price is in $.
Btc is / 2 do you think BTCGarden must divide his price by 2 ?
I will like that too but I am not sure they think like you  Grin
smesterj

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:36:36 PM

Will like to buy 2 more, but no stock.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 10:12:05 PM

This company's rating has been updated in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

[This message won't be monitored, discuss your concerns in the thread.]

Beaflag VonRathburg

Activity: 472

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:38:41 PM

I'd love to see whatever they're coming out with be a direct drop in / swap for the current systems. As in unscrew the old boards, swap the heatsinks to the new boards, and screw in the new ones.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 09:05:46 PM

I'd love to see whatever they're coming out with be a direct drop in / swap for the current systems. As in unscrew the old boards, swap the heatsinks to the new boards, and screw in the new ones.

would be nice, though i expect the housing doesnt cost much to produce, maybe just some shipping expense.

anyway to get a better power consumption from these? 1.2w/GH is becoming too much power usage for where i live, and I'd be happy to lose 25% of my hashrate in exchange for <1w/gh

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:14:41 PM

would be nice, though i expect the housing doesnt cost much to produce, maybe just some shipping expense.

anyway to get a better power consumption from these? 1.2w/GH is becoming too much power usage for where i live, and I'd be happy to lose 25% of my hashrate in exchange for <1w/gh

Yeah, I was wondering the same...mayhaps we can pencil mod these similar to the S1's or something!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:45:09 PM

Yeah, I was wondering the same...mayhaps we can pencil mod these similar to the S1's or something!

depends on the regulator.

I tried to pencil mod the rockminer rkbox/r3 hashboards and the regulator setup on it did not allow for pencil modding in any of my attempts. The best I did was to determine a pair of resistors that must be simulateously modified to adjust voltage. Unfortunately, reducing the resistance of both via a pencil mod INCREASED voltage, meaning a decrease involves the more difficult task of increasing the resistance.

Havent done any experiements on the BTCgarden board, but schematics or at least identifying the regulator would give me a place to start. The risk to a single board is less than the risk of running 1.2w/GH for much longer

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
apollojmr

Activity: 311

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 03:13:44 AM

I had 5 of the 8 boards suddenly just stop hashing and I am not sure why?? I have tried all of the boards and could only get three of them hashing..anyone got any ideas as to why?

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:01:47 PM

I had 5 of the 8 boards suddenly just stop hashing and I am not sure why?? I have tried all of the boards and could only get three of them hashing..anyone got any ideas as to why?

Try changing the order of the ribbon cables, or plugging the pi it to unit 4 (with 5-8 chained to it) to see if the issue is in common or an error on board 4 meaning 5-8 don't communicate through it normally

apollojmr

Activity: 311

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:01:40 PM

Try changing the order of the ribbon cables, or plugging the pi it to unit 4 (with 5-8 chained to it) to see if the issue is in common or an error on board 4 meaning 5-8 don't communicate through it normally

Thank you for your input what I have done so far is I have tested each word individually and I also changed the number on CG miner to one board when I did it to make sure that they are getting the full hash unfortunately there are five boards that are just not hashing at all when hooked up and I have no idea what it could possibly be because it was running at 1.2 terahash for about three months nonstop. Now I have a 450 terahash machine. If anybody has any ideas I am very interested in hearing them.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
Beaflag VonRathburg

Activity: 472

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:39:31 PM

They just stopped working. I have quite a few of these units and I had one blade in a system that did the exact same thing. It just stopped working out of the blue. It does not hash when hooked directly to the pi on either cable connection. I just put it at the end of the system and run it with 7 blades. Sometimes, parts just fail.

klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:27:30 PM

Thank you for your input what I have done so far is I have tested each word individually and I also changed the number on CG miner to one board when I did it to make sure that they are getting the full hash unfortunately there are five boards that are just not hashing at all when hooked up and I have no idea what it could possibly be because it was running at 1.2 terahash for about three months nonstop. Now I have a 450 terahash machine. If anybody has any ideas I am very interested in hearing them.

seems odd that 5 boards would not work at all - are they powered by a seperate psu, or any other commonalities between them? One or two boards simply not working anymore would likely be an issue with the DC/DC regulator or the individual controller. But 5 board at once seems like a cascading issue across the boards to make them all stop.

if you have a multimeter check the voltage. look for 12V and ~0.8V presence from the inductor or capacitors. If either is missing it narrows down the problem

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 03:15:03 PM

This company's rating has been updated in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

[This message won't be monitored, discuss any concerns in the thread.]

RME88

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:32:20 AM

Does anyone know where you can purchase more of the ribbon data cables, when I got my miners (from eBay) I didn't get any spares and I would like to combine 2 of my AM-V2's to use only one Raspberry PI instead of running them as separate miners. I have looked every where that I know of but have been unable to find them. I even tried to find the 8-Pin connectors (4x2) so I could make my own but I was only able to find 10 pin ones and those didn't work when I tried to just use 8 of the pins. I am looking to buy 5 or so that way I have some spares if needed. Right now I have 3 of the AM-V2's and will probably be buying some more soon and I don't want to have to have a PI for every one of them. Thanks in advance.
Another quick question, the max you can connect is 2 of the AM-V2's right? Or is it possible to connect 3 together and just change the WebGUI to 12 boards instead of 8 or 4? I haven't seen any where saying that you can do 3 I think 2 is the max but figured I would double check with the best.

Dogie, Keep up the great work on the setup guides, they are always my first place to go to when I get a new miner to setup. I'm about to setup a C1 with cooling kit and I will be using your guide. Once done I will be sending a little token of my appreciation.

Thanks again
Ryan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: