Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:53:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero or Bytecoin?  (Read 15475 times)
TonyZX

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:21:09 PM

Did trolls take a break?  Cheesy

It looks like there's no money to pay for darkota  Cheesy

I would think own a bit of both.

Good decision. In case you don't want to loose your money its better to diversify your investments, so it's good decision to invest in different coins.

Bitcoin is our past, present and future!
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
werrindor

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:32:59 PM

Monero and Fantomcoin, the rest of cryptonote coins are legit jokes.

Oh, you gotta be joking then.

Thats an interesting logic there. We all know that Fantomcoin and Monero are Bytecoin's forks. So if we call Bytecoin a joke, Monero and Fantomcoin become forks of a joke which sounds absolutely unpresentable.  Grin
jokudaman

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:33:43 PM

So funny to hear BCN devs are incompetent after they've created the FIRST CN-BASED COIN!!!

They also were involved in creating CN technology according to CN developers.

Furthermore, BCN developers were involved in crypto currency world long before Bytecoin.
http://bitcoinbarbie.com/cryptonote-open-source-technology-concept/
They won't believe you. they've just invented  the world where XMR is the best currency that can be, and everybody who do not agree with them are scams.
HornyMiner

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:45:24 PM

So funny to hear BCN devs are incompetent after they've created the FIRST CN-BASED COIN!!!

They also were involved in creating CN technology according to CN developers.

Furthermore, BCN developers were involved in crypto currency world long before Bytecoin.
http://bitcoinbarbie.com/cryptonote-open-source-technology-concept/
They won't believe you. they've just invented  the world where XMR is the best currency that can be, and everybody who do not agree with them are scams.
You read my mind, dude. Bytecoin has a better devs, better techs and better community.
PizzaTraveler

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:00:25 PM

Did trolls take a break?  Cheesy

It looks like there's no money to pay for darkota  Cheesy
Best. Joke. Ever!
I can't wait for his comeback. He is so funny! ^^
madzooka

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:23:05 PM

Read more about bytecoin and you'd see all its odds in compare with its forks.

Bytecoin (BCN) - true anonymity, privacy protection and only CPU-mining

Bytecoin address - 21eQrEa2wVcdnf8viyaDu78anS4aX3Kvqiyidan25UBCWRokFoTpAHk6hduLR1oBeJ7Map75dCQv4an r2meEiH4wKc1tbQh
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:37:10 PM

Darkcoin's Flaws:
[/size]
1) Darkcoin has a 50% instamine by it's own developers during launch, as the block reward was set to 500, and there was no windows wallets/miners. Evan, the developer, and Internetape, the other developer, instamined over 1million Darkcoin's within 24 hours.

2) Darkcoin's name itself, Darkcoin, will always be affiliated with illegal activity like the Darkweb, Drugs, etc, and the name itself ensures that Darkcoin will never reach anything close to mainstream acceptance.

3) Darkcoin's "anonymity" is based on coinjoin, it simply mixes users coins around, making it harder to track it. However, if even the slightest taint if found when mixing the coins, an investigator will be able to deduce who sent what and who received what. The maker of coinjoin, Gmaxwell, deeply criticized Darkcoin since it's coinjoin based "anonymity" is basically a joke.

4) Darkcoin's mixing system/coinjoin relies on something called Masternodes, Masternodes are nodes that are set up by people, anyone can set one up, and Masternodes are the things that mix the coin around. Masternodes also present many risks besides giving trivial "anonymity", if all masternodes are owned by one individual, he will be able to "de-anonymize" Darkcoin and see all transactions clearly.

5) Darkcoin's Masternode Payment system has forked the network many times, and has failed Twice in the effort to pay the owners of Masternodes.

6) Darkcoin's Masternode/Darksend system is closed source, so that means the developers could be stealing coins, or doing any other malicious things, and it will remain unnoticed

7) The Masternodes can always be DDOSed, effectively shutting them down, if the majority of Masternodes were taken offline(they are mostly hosted on Amazon servers), then Darkcoin's trivial anonymity will completely shut off

Cool There are many many other flaws, it will take up too much space to list, so I've listed the main ones.

Bytecoin's Flaws:

1) 82% instamine by a small group of miners over the course of 2 years

2) Bytecoin devs are shown to be incompetant, they recently tried copy/pasting code from other Cryptonote coins and it resulted in their own codebase getting even buggier than it really is, resulting in users loosing their coins when they sent them in a transaction.

What do Darkcoin and Bytecoin have in common? They were both hugely unfairly mined(instamined/premined), with Darkcoin having a 50% instamine at it's launch by it's own development team, and Bytecoin having a 82% premine over the 2 years it was kept secret by a very small group of miners.

darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:37:35 PM

BTW: None of Bytecoin's forks share Bytecoins problems. They do not have 82% premines...
openyourmind

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:51:47 AM

hot discussion! I will support Bytecoin
annoyingorange

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:15:29 AM

to decide what coin is better, it is necessary to compare dev teams. Bytecoin developers have no rivals
mrsureka

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:51:30 PM

I am supporting Monero.
werrindor

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:56:42 AM

to decide what coin is better, it is necessary to compare dev teams. Bytecoin developers have no rivals

Exactly.
I was also thinking: how somebody who in general did not develop anything can even be called a developer?
YesBoss69

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:15:15 AM

I don't quite get why there's a such a huge argument still going on between these coins, or why one has to be the 'chosen' one... i get there are grievances about the original forking by the monero devs but that aside, each is still powering on by its own merits right? whatever happens, happens - why can't people put their energies into things other than arguments?
Not that there's anything wrong with healthy competition, so the OP still stands in my opinion, but it seems everything gets too serious for the wrong reasons... i guess this has been said a thousand times before.
werrindor

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:51:18 PM

I don't quite get why there's a such a huge argument still going on between these coins, or why one has to be the 'chosen' one... i get there are grievances about the original forking by the monero devs but that aside, each is still powering on by its own merits right? whatever happens, happens - why can't people put their energies into things other than arguments?
Not that there's anything wrong with healthy competition, so the OP still stands in my opinion, but it seems everything gets too serious for the wrong reasons... i guess this has been said a thousand times before.

You're righ. But you know that feeling when you see SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET.
That's why this discussion will never end  Grin
Agent99

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:41:39 PM

You're righ. But you know that feeling when you see SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET.
That's why this discussion will never end  Grin

Well, I can't tell you about other users intentions but I can guess.
IMO, this dispute has begin when Monero's guys without any evidence begin to FUD Bytecoin in intention to promote their coin.
Patron92

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:51:50 PM

Exactly.
I was also thinking: how somebody who in general did not develop anything can even be called a developer?

+1
Bytecoin was created by professors and there is a link to the universities on this thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.msg7126913#msg7126913
Stanford

Activity: 314

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:12:58 PM

Exactly.

+1
Bytecoin was created by professors and there is a link to the universities on this thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.msg7126913#msg7126913

One of the devs was working in CERN.  Maybe, CERN University was one of 7 teams that began mining BCN?
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 03:54:34 PM

Exactly.

+1

One of the devs was working in CERN.  Maybe, CERN University was one of 7 teams that began mining BCN?

There is no CERN university. And even if they begun mining BCN their adoption doesnt seem so good.

As for the flower1024 account it is a bought account as it can be seen here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg7505638#msg7505638
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:18:29 PM

Thats an interesting logic there. We all know that Fantomcoin and Monero are Bytecoin's forks. So if we call Bytecoin a joke, Monero and Fantomcoin become forks of a joke which sounds absolutely unpresentable.  Grin

There is this popular myth in the altcoin space that "forks" are inherently bad, which follows from the (correct) observation that most if not all bitcoin "forks" have been done as pump-and-dump scams.

But the underlying premise is false. If you understand the history of open source software, forks are both intended and desirable, and even necessary to maintain a balance of power between developers and the wider community. Specifically when the original developer goes in a direction the wider community does not support, then other developers are able to fork, and the community is able to move its support from the original to the fork.

This is exactly what happened with Bytecoin and the premine/ninjamine/whatever, trolling, sock puppet accounts, non-transparent history and developers, etc.

This kind of shady behavior was not supported or accepted by the community which is why nearly all support (as measured by hash rate, trading volume, thread views, or any other sensible metric) has shifted to Monero.

Bytecoin could have capitalized on its position as the first cryptonote coin and maintained a leadership position, but they blew it. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:07:08 PM

Thats an interesting logic there. We all know that Fantomcoin and Monero are Bytecoin's forks. So if we call Bytecoin a joke, Monero and Fantomcoin become forks of a joke which sounds absolutely unpresentable.  Grin

There is this popular myth in the altcoin space that "forks" are inherently bad, which follows from the (correct) observation that most if not all bitcoin "forks" have been done as pump-and-dump scams.

But the underlying premise is false. If you understand the history of open source software, forks are both intended and desirable, and even necessary to maintain a balance of power between developers and the wider community. Specifically when the original developer goes in a direction the wider community does not support, then other developers are able to fork, and the community is able to move its support from the original to the fork.

This is exactly what happened with Bytecoin and the premine/ninjamine/whatever, trolling, sock puppet accounts, non-transparent history and developers, etc.

This kind of shady behavior was not supported or accepted by the community which is why nearly all support (as measured by hash rate, trading volume, thread views, or any other sensible metric) has shifted to Monero.

Bytecoin could have capitalized on its position as the first cryptonote coin and maintained a leadership position, but they blew it. They have no one to blame but themselves.

The difference between most open source software and altcoins is that when open source software is forked, the fork retains everything that the original had. Take OpenOffice and LibreOffice for example. An OpenOffice user had nothing to lose by switching to LibreOffice. Therefore the community benefits and everyone wins. When a coin is forked, everything is retained EXCEPT the original blockchain. When this blockchain dies, so do the investments of an entire community who believed in the old coin's success. If I were a Bytecoin investor, it would be in my best interests to see Monero die. If I were a Monero investor, the opposite would be true. If either coin becomes dominant over the other, the community wouldn't win. Rather, one community would win at the expense of the other.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: