Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 06:17:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigampz: Power Supply Kits & Adapters For Bitcoin Mining. Industrial grade.  (Read 68193 times)
pmorici (OP)

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:45:20 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2015, 12:06:12 AM by pmorici

Current Status in-stock http://gigampz.com

Update: We are currently selling boards for HP DPS-800GBA, and HP DPS-1200FBA PSUs we also have designs for DPS-2000bb, and Dell Z750 PSUs available for custom orders.  Contact us for volume pricing and current discount deals.  sales@gigampz.com

Update: We are now offering a 80Plus Platinum efficiency 1200 Watt power supply kit.  The absolute most efficient best value power supply for Bitcoin mining currently available.

A number of you may have seen my prototypes of the Gigampz breakout board for the HP DPS-800GBA server power supply I've been working on.  I'm pleased to announce that they are now on sale and available for immediate shipping through our website http://gigampz.com  Bottom line is; this is the cheapest best quality plug and play power supply solution in terms of $/watt out there that doesn't require a lot of soldering drilling or other time consuming PSU modding.  You can have a 850+ Watt PSU for less than $70 compared to a typical ATX power supply that might cost $100 or more.

These boards work with the HP DPS-800GBA server power supply the same supply used by the original ASICMiner backplane.  They can output 850 Watts (69.9 A @ 12.15V) on 120 V input or up to 1000 Watts (82.3 A @ 12.15v) on 240 V input.  The boards are built in the USA from high quality components designed to handle more current than the power supply is rated for.  The PCBs themselves have multiple heavy duty 2 oz copper power and ground planes and each of the 12 PWR/GND screw terminals is rated for 16 Amps.

This supply paired with a Gigampz breakout board is capable of running 2 AntMiner S1's over clocked, 14+ Gridseeds, as well as other ASIC equipment requiring +12 Volt power.  Additionally these boards can be controlled and monitored either manually via a supplied jumper or via a Raspberry Pi, or Arduino.  The complete Gigampz DPS-800GBA spec sheet is available on the Gigampz FAQ Page

More Photos here

Pricing

$40 Gigampz breakout board
    $25 Refurbished HP DPS-800GBA supply
    $15.99 4-pack of 24" PCIe to bare wire cables

Shipping is free w/ tracking for most orders in the USA.
    We accept credit cards and Paypal through our web store at http://gigampz.com
    We accept Bitcoin for orders via email;  To pay in Bitcoin email sales@gigampz.com with your order request and shipping address and we will send a Coinbase payment invoice.

Volume pricing

We offer competitive volume pricing with substantial discounts for large orders and re-sellers starting with orders of 10 or more Gigampz boards.  Email us for more information or a quote sales@gigampz.com

International Customers

We accept orders in our web store from Europe and Canada.

If you are outside Europe, Canada, and Australia we accept volume orders from international customers via email sales@gigampz.com.

We'll try to be responsive to any questions posted here but you can also email support@gigampz.com  We are located in Baltimore Maryland and are generally available Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:02:44 PM

Hello,

A number of you may have seen my prototypes of the Gigampz breakout board for the HP DPS-800GBA server power supply I've been working on.  I'm pleased to announce that they are now on sale and available for immediate shipping through our website http://gigampz.com  Bottom line is; this is the cheapest best quality plug and play power supply solution in terms of $/watt out there that doesn't require a lot of soldering drilling or other time consuming PSU modding.  You can have a 850+ Watt PSU for less than $70 compared to a typical ATX power supply that might cost $100 or more.

These boards work with the HP DPS-800GBA server power supply the same supply used by the original ASICMiner backplane.  They can output 850 Watts (69.9 A @ 12.15V) on 120 V input or up to 1000 Watts (82.3 A @ 12.15v) on 240 V input.  The boards are built in the USA from high quality components designed to handle more current than the power supply is rated for.  The PCBs themselves have multiple heavy duty 2 oz copper power and ground planes and each of the 12 PWR/GND screw terminals is rated for 16 Amps.

This supply paired with a Gigampz breakout board is capable of running 2 AntMiner S1's over clocked, 14+ Gridseeds, as well as other ASIC equipment requiring +12 Volt power.  Additionally these boards can be controlled and monitored either manually via a supplied jumper or via a Raspberry Pi, or Arduino.  The complete Gigampz DPS-800GBA spec sheet is available on the Gigampz FAQ Page

More Photos here

Pricing

$40 Gigampz breakout board
    $27 Refurbished HP DPS-800GBA supply
    $15.99 4-pack of 24" PCIe to bare wire cables

Shipping is free w/ tracking for all orders in the USA.
    We accept credit cards and Paypal through our web store at http://gigampz.com
    We accept Bitcoin for order via email;  To pay in Bitcoin email sales@gigampz.com with your order and shipping address and we will send a Coinbase payment invoice.

Volume pricing

We offer volume pricing with substantial discounts for large orders and re-sellers starting with orders of 10 or more Gigampz boards.  Email us for more information or a quote sales@gigampz.com

International Customers

We accept volume orders from international customers via email sales@gigampz.com.  International shipping costs can be prohibitive for smaller orders so we suggest doing a group buy so you can split the shipping costs.  We are currently looking to partner with a re-seller for the European market if you are one or know of one that would be interested get in touch with us.

We'll try to be responsive to any questions posted here but you can also email support@gigampz.com  We are located in Baltimore Maryland and are generally available Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.

Not the cheapest. Sidehack's ZP750 adapter + PSU + cables comes in quite a bit cheaper for 50w less
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:40:24 PM

Not the cheapest. Sidehack's ZP750 adapter + PSU + cables comes in quite a bit cheaper for 50w less

Sidehack's solution is 11% more expensive by my math.  His cost is $71.50 w/ shipping for adapter + cables and the Gigampz cost shipped is $55.99.  On a standard American 120 volt outlet you also get 850 Watts out of this supply or 1000 if you have access to 240 Volt power which is 100W - 250W or 13 - 33% more wattage for $6.51 (11%) less cost.  The PSU's cost roughly the same if you are bargain hunting on ebay or locally.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:58:22 PM

I sell similar cables for bare ends -> PCIe a little cheaper.  They are 30cm long and 16AWG to prevent any burning incidents if using with high-draw equipment (>300w/PCI)
 - from $2.25 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:51:27 AM

I'm actually using Klondike_bar's PCI-E 16AWG wires with my Gigampz adapters+PSUs for most of my S1's.  They work great together and make for a nice and less bulky power setup. I put two S1's per each Gigampz at 230v, but I did have to use thick PCI-e splitters/y-adapters as well.  

Cheap, easy to setup and Pete's a great guy to deal with.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:53:53 AM

How easy is this to set up for newbies? Is it something that someone with limited electronic knowledge would be able to do without a problem?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
jedimstr

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:59:15 AM

How easy is this to set up for newbies? Is it something that someone with limited electronic knowledge would be able to do without a problem?

You plug the board into the end of the HP PSU, use a small flat head screwdriver for securing the 12v and ground wires, and then plug in the power cord.  To turn on, you move the jumper to the middle pins.  Easy peasy. No soldering needed.

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:30:52 AM

I sell similar cables for bare ends -> PCIe a little cheaper.  They are 30cm long and 16AWG to prevent any burning incidents if using with high-draw equipment (>300w/PCI)
 - from $2.25 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461

Nice, quality cables like that are hard to find at a good price.
Dagger75

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:08:41 AM

I just received two of Gigampz breakout boards and they appear to be great quality.  Shipped out priority the same day and got them very quickly.  Haven't been able to test them out yet but i'm confident they'll work just fine.

Thanks for doing this, it makes it much easier to get high quality power supplies at an affordable price!  I'm sure i'll be back for more.

>>>http://foundation.leafco.in/<<<  Please help support our cause

>>>A True Alt, with a True Purpose<<<  $$Leafcoin$$
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:08:11 PM

How much to ship to UK?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:15:04 PM

YES! I just won a DPS-800GBA for a $10!  Grin

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:55:02 PM

How much to ship to UK?

It really depends on what your order and the weight.  Boards and cables only to the UK would be about $10 extra in shipping costs.  I would recommend buying the power supplies themselves locally since they are heavy and shipping on them is very expensive.  You would also be responsible for what ever VAT or other government fees you might owe in your jurisdiction.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:13:32 PM

His cost is $71.50 w/ shipping for adapter + cables and the Gigampz cost shipped is $55.99.

How do you figure? Worst case, single board and 4 cables shipped would be $68.50 (if we don't put it in a smaller box, which we can do for single sales and save a few bucks)
If you buy, say, 10 sets, discounts bring that to $55.20 per unit, shipped, maximum. With enough quantity I can source full kits (including the PSU) for $65 or less shipped.

Shipping is only that high because we actually pack stuff well instead of chucking it in a padded envelope where it'll get crushed and destroyed, and then send Priority Mail so you have it in 3 days max.
The main part of the board that you really need to worry about sustaining damage is the power switch, which we considered a necessary feature. We also have 3.3V and 5V aux power and the ability to measure/monitor your output current, in addition to the ability to turn on remotely (with an active-high signal, a bit safer than active-low) and an "is my supply on" pin. Also you get to buy stuff you know was made and fully tested by actual human Americans. Our cables, while a bit shorter, are also heavier wire. We could make our stuff cheaper, but it would require not making it as good.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
chadwickx16

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:20:02 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 05:34:07 PM by chadwickx16

What is the 80 Plus rating on the PSU?

EDIT: Never mind Found it on the FAQ page.

EDIT2: I'm running 208v power, would that out me at 1000w or somewhere in between 850-1000?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:47:38 PM

His cost is $71.50 w/ shipping for adapter + cables and the Gigampz cost shipped is $55.99.

How do you figure?

I don't want to get into an argument about it but I got my numbers from your price list, $42.50 for the board, $3.50 per cable and $15 for shipping.

$42.50 + ($3.50 * 4) + $15 = $71.50

Full kit including the PSU would be $70 + $15 shipping so $85

Our price for those things respectively would be $55.99 and $82.99 so a couple bucks cheaper for a higher wattage power supply.  I haven't listed our volume prices here for the sake of brevity but I'm fairly certain they are competitive.

There are some reasons why you might choose the 750 boards over the Gigampz but best price per watt isn't one of them.  Our boards are also Made in America by a professional board assembly house in Massachusetts, nicely packed, and have the ability for basic status monitoring, and remote on/off via an active high pin which is both 3.3v and 5v compatible.  Example scripts for controlling it via a raspberry Pi are on our website.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:53:18 PM

What is the 80 Plus rating on the PSU?

EDIT: Never mind Found it on the FAQ page.

EDIT2: I'm running 208v power, would that out me at 1000w or somewhere in between 850-1000?

I think you would still be ok for 1000 Watts official specs on the label are...

Input: 200 - 240v  ~/6.7 A
Output: 1000 Watts(MAX.)

There is a photo of the label listing the specs on the product page...
http://www.gigampz.com/store/p6/Refurbished_DPS-800GBA_850%2F1000_Watt_Power_Supply.html
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:03:13 PM

Oh. Price list needs to be updated. Standard shipping for board/cables is flat $12 for up to about 15 boards with cables, and $15 for up to 3 kits.
I thought your boards had active-low power on pin, my mistake there. If they're active high, then your scripts would work for our boards as well.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:04:52 PM

I'm actually using Klondike_bar's PCI-E 16AWG wires with my Gigampz adapters+PSUs for most of my S1's.  They work great together and make for a nice and less bulky power setup. I put two S1's per each Gigampz at 230v, but I did have to use thick PCI-e splitters/y-adapters as well.  

nice setup! how are you cooling that ~4.5kW and where are you located? Im trying to figure out how i can grow my mining operation with a second location that is summer-compatible and unsure if lots of airflow will suffice or if i need a significant AC (for 15kW+)

another tip: try flipping your stacks around and pushing them base-to-base in cubes of 4. It will prevent hot air 'leaking' out downwards from the heatsink and slightly improve the overall airflow of the units. (3x2 stacks also work nicely)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
jedimstr

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:14:32 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 09:36:15 PM by jedimstr

nice setup! how are you cooling that ~4.5kW and where are you located? Im trying to figure out how i can grow my mining operation with a second location that is summer-compatible and unsure if lots of airflow will suffice or if i need a significant AC (for 15kW+)

another tip: try flipping your stacks around and pushing them base-to-base in cubes of 4. It will prevent hot air 'leaking' out downwards from the heatsink and slightly improve the overall airflow of the units. (3x2 stacks also work nicely)

Thanks!  Located in the metro New York/New Jersey area.

No AC in my dedicated mining room. It's a furnace/utility room for a large detached garage. I'm using 6-inch ducting and inline 530cfm fan to bring in cooler air from outside.  There's also a big raised box fan just outside the frame of the photo that exhausts all the hot air into the main garage space.

My S1's are hovering around 41-43C with all overclocked and ambient at 83F in the mining room (73F in main garage space).  Also, they're on a mix of 120v/20a and 230v/30a outlets and lower commercial/agricultural electricity rates.  

nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:02:08 AM

Do you guys think this PSU and board will be sufficient to power a habanero card?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519943.0

https://peppermining.com/the-habanero/

The boards need 4  6pin power inputs each.

I'll be drawing power from a US 240v circuit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: