Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:16:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigampz: Power Supply Kits & Adapters For Bitcoin Mining. Industrial grade.  (Read 68176 times)
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:59:06 AM

Right.  A single 6-pin = 6 wires, 3 for + and 3 for GND.  Right now, I am running 2 for + and 2 for GND, per blade.  

I'm not sure I understand the question; You can fit 4 6-pin PCIe cables per board  by doubling up the wires per contact.  12 contacts total and 24 wires for 4, 6 pin cables.

the cables i sell in my signature link will fit like the image above, and I sell splitters that can be attached to that if you need more lower-wattage connections for a device like the rk-box (130W per splitter plug or 260W per PCIe cable working safely and without any thermal concerns)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tdminer

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:17:15 PM

We are still out of stock.  Our best estimate right now is 3 weeks before we get more.  We were expecting a shipment of 160 boards from our manufacturing partner but it looks like UPS lost the package.  If that turns up we may have more sooner than 3 weeks.

Looks like you're still out of stock. Any idea when you will have more?
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:15:45 PM

Folks,
if anyone has one of these break out boards they no longer need, I'd be interested in taking it off your hands...
or if anyone knows if these are still sold by someone who has inventory, please let me know.
Feel free to PM me.  Thank you!
pmorici (OP)

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:03:36 PM

We are still out of stock.  Our best estimate right now is 3 weeks before we get more.  We were expecting a shipment of 160 boards from our manufacturing partner but it looks like UPS lost the package.  If that turns up we may have more sooner than 3 weeks.

We had a little snafu with our original contract manufacture and had to find a backup, we've resolved that issue have all the parts on hand and more are currently being built by our manufacturing partner.  My best guess is 2-3 weeks until those are ready.  Will update this thread when we have a more exact timeline.
OridenX

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:13:42 PM

We had a little snafu with our original contract manufacture and had to find a backup, we've resolved that issue have all the parts on hand and more are currently being built by our manufacturing partner.  My best guess is 2-3 weeks until those are ready.  Will update this thread when we have a more exact timeline.

What about a DIY kit, board and all the components?
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:26:00 PM

What about a DIY kit, board and all the components?

I thought about that but a DIY kit would end up being more expensive because we wouldn't have the benefit of buying the parts in volume and this board contains a part with a .5 mm pitch which most people aren't going to be able to solder easily by hand.

Update on the manufacturing, we expect to be back in stock around Aug. 15th.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:04:38 PM

Would you be up for a board design on the DPS1200s?
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:12:26 PM

Would you be up for a board design on the DPS1200s?

Possibly, I have a very rough breadboard prototype for the DPS-1200 but haven't taken it beyond that yet.  If you have something specific in mind PM me.
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:40:48 PM

What's the word on board supply?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:00:57 AM

Spoke to the factory this morning.  Still on track for delivery for August 15th, 1 week from today.
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:13:20 AM

Spoke to the factory this morning.  Still on track for delivery for August 15th, 1 week from today.
Great news! Thanks for getting back to me. How many boards are you looking at?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:10:58 PM

Spoke to the factory this morning.  Still on track for delivery for August 15th, 1 week from today.
Great news! Thanks for getting back to me. How many boards are you looking at?

We are working with a different local factory this time around so I'm not 100% sure how many will be in the first shipment but I expect 100+ with more to follow so long as there is demand for them.
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:36:51 PM

Will this work with the 1200W variants?
Notably 440785-001 441830-001 HSTNS-PD11 for DL580 G5 and the like? There are a few out there with different part numbers, but these fit the bill. They seem to have the exact same pinouts.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:21:35 PM

Notably 440785-001 441830-001 HSTNS-PD11 for DL580 G5 and the like? There are a few out there with different part numbers, but these fit the bill. They seem to have the exact same pinouts.

The 'original' Gigampz only works with the DPS-800GBA and the ATSN-7001044.  The supplies you noted are "Common Slot" and have the same  physical connector but a _different_ pin-out and will not work with the original Gigampz boards.

That said; we just completed a prototype of the Gigampz CS (Common Slot) it works with all HP Common Slot power supplies including the 1200 Watt.  You can recognize a common slot power supply  by it's 1U profile and a single fan at the rear of the supply next to the power plug.  These supplies come in wattage's ranging from 460w to 1600w and 80Plus efficiency ratings up to Titanium.

Gigampz CS Prototype Photos

opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:25:43 PM

The 'original' Gigampz only works with the DPS-800GBA and the ATSN-7001044.  The supplies you noted are "Common Slot" and have the same  physical connector but a _different_ pin-out and will not work with the original Gigampz boards.

That said; we just completed a prototype of the Gigampz CS (Common Slot) it works with all HP Common Slot power supplies including the 1200 Watt.  You can recognize a common slot power supply  by it's 1U profile and a single fan at the rear of the supply next to the power plug.  These supplies come in wattage's ranging from 460w to 1600w and 80Plus efficiency ratings up to Titanium.

Sign me up for the first batch lol. I got about 2 dozen of the aformentioned PSUs.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2524

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:12:31 PM

The 'original' Gigampz only works with the DPS-800GBA and the ATSN-7001044.  The supplies you noted are "Common Slot" and have the same  physical connector but a _different_ pin-out and will not work with the original Gigampz boards.

That said; we just completed a prototype of the Gigampz CS (Common Slot) it works with all HP Common Slot power supplies including the 1200 Watt.  You can recognize a common slot power supply  by it's 1U profile and a single fan at the rear of the supply next to the power plug.  These supplies come in wattage's ranging from 460w to 1600w and 80Plus efficiency ratings up to Titanium.

Fantastic! I use the 1200w common slot ones for all my Ants in the Pharm. Love them damn things. Wish you had done this 6 months ago Wink Definitely drop a line when they are available 'cause I too want several.

Got the rest of the control pins figured out for voltage/current adjustment and 1+n paralleling? That would be icing on the cake.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:24:09 PM

Interested in these
Solemn

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:09:29 PM

I don't have one of the common slot PSU to hand...could anyone provide the external dimensions for me?  Thanks!
tdminer

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:51:41 PM

Any new updates?
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:32:39 PM

Any new updates?

Shipment just came in, store is updated with current stock.  If anyone wants to do a bulk board order or pay in bitcoin email sales@gigampz.com.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: