Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:34:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigampz: Power Supply Kits & Adapters For Bitcoin Mining. Industrial grade.  (Read 68176 times)
pmorici (OP)

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:36:34 PM

What's the word on board supply?

Spoke to the factory this morning.  Still on track for delivery for August 15th, 1 week from today.
Great news! Thanks for getting back to me. How many boards are you looking at?

We just added a "6-pack" of boards to our web store to make buying small quantities at a discount easier.  Get 6 boards with free US shipping for only $209.88 less than $35 per board.

For bulk pricing on orders larger than 6 boards email sales@gigampz.com to order.  We have very aggressive discounts for large orders and can get your PSU costs down to the range of 5.2 cents per watt for large orders.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:57:24 AM

Is there an ETA on the CS versions? I know you said prototypes were in the works. Just curious to know when to expect them.

Regards

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:46:29 PM

Is there an ETA on the CS versions? I know you said prototypes were in the works. Just curious to know when to expect them.

If all goes according to plan they will be available the week of September 1st.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:34:46 PM

For any interested international buyers; we've updated the store with international shipping options for Canada and Europe.

http://gigampz.com
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:16:35 PM

I think this is the main thread for this PSU/BB...

I bumped another just the other day with an announcement...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=747477.msg8458485#msg8458485

Anyways, just got my PSU and bb from PMORICI and will start working on the enclosures tomorrow.
Thanks mate!

Oh and these are sweet components! Great quality and SUPER fast shipping.
Definitely going to purchase a few more asap.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:39:34 PM

We've got cables back in stock.  We are also offering a meet it or beat it price guarantee on our boards and kits.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:45:46 PM

We've got cables back in stock.  We are also offering a meet it or beat it price guarantee on our boards and kits.

Nice bro! Looks like I should order another PSU or 2 from you asap! PM'ing you in a few for 2x PSU/BB/Cable sets

I just started on the Gigampz breakout board enclosure today.I am thinking of making a rack for the PSU's as well...so they can be stacked 2 at a time and the "racks" will be modular...allowing multiple racks to be connected.This will keep the PSU's stable and allow better cable organizing.
I willpost up some screenshots asap.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:17:47 AM

Nice bro! Looks like I should order another PSU or 2 from you asap! PM'ing you in a few for 2x PSU/BB/Cable sets

I just started on the Gigampz breakout board enclosure today.I am thinking of making a rack for the PSU's as well...so they can be stacked 2 at a time and the "racks" will be modular...allowing multiple racks to be connected.This will keep the PSU's stable and allow better cable organizing.
I willpost up some screenshots asap.

Oh man! Really stoked about these cases! They will secure to the PSU using the 2 screw hole locations and each case will include an optional "foot" for the front of the PSU to make it level and if all works out just right they front and rear feet will allow stacking of another PSU above and/or below. The front foor will secure to the PSU using the 2 screw hole locations nearest the power cord and the feet can be zip-tied together and/or bolted down.

Pics and/or screenshots asap

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:31:22 AM

Here are some screenshots...I will get some pics posted of the prototypes I have printed already asap. Printing the 3rd revision now.

Latest (3rd) revision...

*Got LootCrate?*
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:12:17 AM

Here are some screenshots...I will get some pics posted of the prototypes I have printed already asap. Printing the 3rd revision now.

Latest (3rd) revision...

Good job, buddy... Grin

How much... Huh

ZiG
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:40:07 AM

Latest (3rd) revision...

Good job, buddy... Grin

How much... Huh

ZiG

So far it's looking somewhere in the $10-15 range and I do my best to price my products so that anyone can afford them as I myself live on a very tight and limited budget.

I am really digging this PSU/breakout board combo! Runs cool and quiet and the cables are of high quality!
I will be making an order for at least 2 more of these asap!

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:58:07 PM

Printing rev4? now and will have pics tonight! Almost there with the design, really stoked

*Got LootCrate?*
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:01:56 PM

Gigampz CS boards are now in-stock.  These boards work with any HP Common Slot power supply (ie: DSP-1200FBA, etc...) which come in a wide range of wattages and efficiency ratings.  We have a limited number so for now we are sticking to selling them in the forum only.  Pricing is as follows including shipping in the US.

1+  $43
     5+  $40
   10+  $38
   20+  $36
   50+  $34
 100+  $32
 121    $31 (entire stock)

PM or contact sales@gigampz.com to order

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2522

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:05:13 PM

^^ Faboo!
Have you figured out the connections for n+1 operation? That would be icing on the cake.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:17:03 PM

^^ Faboo!
Have you figured out the connections for n+1 operation? That would be icing on the cake.

No, sorry, we looked at it but couldn't get n+1 for a reasonable cost since it would require bus bars between the boards to do it safely.
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:20:05 PM

How can we tell if the HP PSU is a "Common Slot Power Supply"?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:38:00 PM

How can we tell if the HP PSU is a "Common Slot Power Supply"?

Generally speaking they all have the same physical appearance.  A single fan at the rear of the PSU with a pull handle, 1 U thickness and a 64-pin board edge connector. 

If you search for "Common Slot" on Google or ebay you will be able to find listings of exact part numbers.  They come in wattage from 460 up to 1600 but 750, 1200 are the most common and most of them are silver efficiency or better.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:05:21 PM

About to test print the lid and possibly production ready revision to the DPS800GA breakout board enclosures. I've added GIGAMPZ to the lid. Pictures of the prints asap!

*Got LootCrate?*
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2522

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:48:28 PM

^^ Faboo!

No, sorry, we looked at it but couldn't get n+1 for a reasonable cost since it would require bus bars between the boards to do it safely.
As a ready-made assembly, ja. Still... Do you know/can tell us the control pins used to sense the slave buses? Others should be for setting current limit and supply status.

I'm pretty sure that pin can also be used for remote sensing at the load point to make up for drop over the power leads as well as letting you set the voltage out using a pot or external reference source.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:23:35 AM

^^ Faboo!

As a ready-made assembly, ja. Still... Do you know/can tell us the control pins used to sense the slave buses? Others should be for setting current limit and supply status.

I'm pretty sure that pin can also be used for remote sensing at the load point to make up for drop over the power leads as well as letting you set the voltage out using a pot or external reference source.

I strongly suspect it is pin 38 but I wasn't able confirm 100% before a lightning storm took out my test server.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: