Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 08:17:05 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: help!!! From Cryptsy to brianwallet.org addr, 10.7995 BTC GONE!! 4BTC Bounty  (Read 2894 times)
Alientech (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:28:07 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 02:44:10 AM by Alientech

Hey I made a terrible mistake and used the default address on brainwallet.org: 1JwSSubhmg6iPtRjtyqhUYYH7bZg3Lfy1T to get a withdrawal out of cryptsy. It was supposed to be temporary, for a quick transfer. I did not pay attention to make sure I generated a new random key pair.
details:

https://blockchain.info/tx/0d01f00112b0e15620be99aebe6326e1398b3c022e43ceb26cf67717b039148f

I am offering a bounty of 4 btc to anyone that could help me recover 10.7995 BTC…does anyone know who https://blockchain.info/address/1brain7kAZxPagLt2HRLxqyc3VgGSa1GR perhaps the person also owns brainwallet.org Huh

it was double spent to the address

I know very silly mistake. but help.
BitPhotos

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 10:34:24 PM

here check this out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347828.0

it seems like that address is eating coins? also could you try to clarify your situation a bit more, im kinda lost, but i want to help you! thanks!

zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:37:13 PM

if it involves cryptsy and brain wallet I would suggest you contact both of the and see what they say 

Alientech (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:37:37 PM

here check this out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347828.0

it seems like that address is eating coins? also could you try to clarify your situation a bit more, im kinda lost, but i want to help you! thanks!

thank you. what exactly is unclear? i will explain thanks..i thought i was explicit
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:37:57 PM

The coins are gone. Popular addresses like this are being watched and when coins are transferred to such an address, they're quickly moved away.

Since the address you used is the default address for brainwallet.org, anyone can obtain the private key to spend coins in that address.
RockHound

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:42:00 PM

Dude, that sucks but don't give up just yet  Smiley

Not much contact info on website, however they do have a Twitter account, perhaps you can get in-touch with the Dev's?

Just sent this to them:

@brainwallet Guys can you please help out this client of yours?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622965.0

Many thanks RockHound

Hopefully they will respond to this thread!

edit: Forget the bounty, would be great just to get your coins back! This Dude does some amazing work: Jason King http://seansoutpost.com/donate/ if you feel like giving a bit back  Cool

BitPhotos

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 10:42:52 PM

yea id hate to say it but i think your coins are gone but il tweet at them and see what happens

Alientech (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:46:15 PM

"your coins are gone" response really doesn't help..this is quite obvious and the default..I am waiting to see if any thing can be done..I wouldn't just lay down and just die, would you?
Alientech (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:48:06 PM

but il tweet at them and see what happens

thanks
BitPhotos

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 10:49:03 PM

"your coins are gone" response really doesn't help..this is quite obvious and the default..I am waiting to see if any thing can be done..I wouldn't just lay down and just die, would you?

i totally understand dude the only way to get those coins back is to get in contact with a brainwallet dev or someone that has access to the wallet and would be nice enough to send the coins back to you, im searching around but to no avail yet

Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 10:51:34 PM

I understand your point of view, but there really isn't much you can do at this point. The brainwallet "1JwSSubhmg6iPtRjtyqhUYYH7bZg3Lfy1T" uses the passphrase "common horse battery staple", which is a reference to this XKCD comic. Its private key is publicly known, and many people automatically scrape the address to claim any coins sent there. Unless you can find the owner of the bitcoin address that received the coins, there's no way for you to recover them.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
Alientech (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:53:33 PM

Dude, that sucks but don't give up just yet  Smiley

Not much contact info on website, however they do have a Twitter account, perhaps you can get in-touch with the Dev's?

Just sent this to them:

@brainwallet Guys can you please help out this client of yours?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622965.0

Many thanks RockHound

Hopefully they will respond to this thread!

thanks
BitPhotos

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 10:55:29 PM

your gonna wanna find the guy of this wallet: https://blockchain.info/address/1LJbAXbmnX7sZQoWhAxPFctHevkZdaNjKV

it looks like he took most of your coins, doesnt look like he wants to give them back either

Alientech (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:57:52 PM

increasing the bounty to 2 BTC for anybody who can positively help to resolve this, while ignore the redundant obviousness of this whole gaffe
BitPhotos

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 11:06:05 PM

increasing the bounty to 2 BTC for anybody who can positively help to resolve this, while ignore the redundant obviousness of this whole gaffe

well i mean maybe you should listen to us... there really isnt anything you can do i mean im trying my best dude i really do wanna help you because it has to suck to lose that much, the thing is the coins were put in an address with a private key that is open to the public and someone already took the coins so i mean im not really sure how you could track the guy that took the coins and even if you did find him, im not sure he would give them back to you, point is that pretty much its out of your hands and its out of brainwallets hands...

Alientech (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:38:53 AM

well i mean maybe you should listen to us... there really isnt anything you can do i mean im trying my best dude i really do wanna help you because it has to suck to lose that much, the thing is the coins were put in an address with a private key that is open to the public and someone already took the coins so i mean im not really sure how you could track the guy that took the coins and even if you did find him, im not sure he would give them back to you, point is that pretty much its out of your hands and its out of brainwallets hands...

why do you keep stating the redundant? you think I don't know this? or do you just feel like talking? the point is you never know…so the bounty is out there
BitPhotos

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 01:45:31 AM

why do you keep stating the redundant? you think I don't know this? or do you just feel like talking? the point is you never know…so the bounty is out there

just trying to help dude chill, guess you dont want it, bye

Alientech (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:53:48 AM

you keep saying listen to us and what? give up? how is that help?
BitPhotos

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 01:57:40 AM

yeah i did give up, i gave up most of my Friday night trying to help someone that doesnt appreciate it...

Alientech (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:28:34 AM

yeah i did give up, i gave up most of my Friday night trying to help someone that doesnt appreciate it...

i definitely appreciate any help…what i am saying is don't tell me to give up…

more development, anyone know this guy?:  

Hendozoo
Mahmoud Elhendy
https://twitter.com/Hendozo
https://www.facebook.com/elhendii

seems like he labeled the address with the Facebook name "Facebook hendozoo", maybe he wanted people to contact him? possible he also owns: 1brain7kAZxPagLt2HRLxqyc3VgGSa1GR   I sent him an email
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: