Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:10:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin is going nowhere (too hard to buy bitcoin)  (Read 8889 times)
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:51:27 PM

bitcoin atms are popping up all over the place. this is the next step for bitcoin adoption.

Yes, and I own one.  The problem in the US is still purchasing the coins to fill the machine.  Coinbase won't, Kracken can't for my state, Not sure yet about Campbx.

Seriously?
What's the reasoning from coinbase?
Is your atm doing user id and verification?

Have you considered getting coins from coinbase to your own personal wallet first, then to atm?
Or maybe even with a couple extra steps there? I imagine you'd want to play safe with the coinbase account by including the steps to start with, then reducing the effort later.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
photon_coin

Activity: 310
Merit: 256

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 11:53:32 PM

i know lots of people who have bought it recently and in the past, i never have , though

sign up for banx io exchange or another exchange or trade/buy from someone willing to sell some here on the forum , just be careful.

onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:58:21 PM

Of course its hard to buy. Unless you use localbitcoins where you can buy with cash nothing faster.
CheckOut3

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

Social Media Products

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:26:44 AM

I don't think so, i see many BTC sellers all around.
VitoH

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 05:19:31 PM

In many cases, when exchanges ask all these invasive questions, they are not doing it to interrogate you. I have found the same for banks in many cases. They usually don't *really* care what you put down as long as it's not "illegal activity". They have to ask all these questions for regulatory/KYC reasons. Just so they can say that they asked, in case shit ever hits the fan for them. They're just trying to protect themselves.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 06:51:10 PM

It's definitely harder to get a credit card and yet they are used worldwide and on a very large scale.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 11:57:51 AM

Bitcoin is going somewhere!

At least it is already changing the world and giving people the notion of how bad government controlled currencies are!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:38:26 PM

Someone who thinks buying bitcoin is too hard must have a hard life. I guess he'll never buy a car or rent an apartment. Come to think of it, how did he manage to create an account here? That seems way too hard.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
zero01

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:43:26 PM

maybe you can try to buy bitcoin in other site  Shocked
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 02:03:32 AM

i tried to buy bitcoins here a month or so ago online with  CC.

Have to say I never did buy any.

When I seen all the information that they wanted I said no.

They wanted almost a whole life story.

I mean everything.   I have to say it is way easier to buy a car or even a house compared to purchasing BTC.
Which I find to be ridiculous.  They worry about fraud and all these other scams.  Well it happens with other sorta of currency and even prepad debit cards which you can literally lie and some of them activate your card in pretty much any ones name.

The local btc sites I dont really like either.  Most of the time you cant buy the amount you want because they all want to drop a bunch or have a min they will sell.   then you have the online like Feebay purchases which same of the seller charge way more then what they are worth.  And some vendors even require you to take a photo of you holding your ID and send it to them before they will send you your coins.  And then there are even some that state you must be verified and have an active ebay account for more then 90 days.   It is seriously ridiculous.

Even though BTC states that it is decentralized it to a point is not.  With the regulations and such that have been put in place it is still controllable. It all depends on how you look at it.  If you look at the big picture even though it is decentralized the network it is on world wide just makes is a spread out super computer with a large block chain.  In general it is decentralized however it is proving to not be uncontrollable.

OK anyways.

I personally think governments are afraid of this sort of thing simply because they do not have FULL control.  So they do what they can to make it harder.  We need to find a way around it.

For the scammers and such out there.  If you own bitcoins and you dont want someone stealing your shit.  Know how to protect emm.  Dont have your private keys available to everyone and dont give out information and get with a trusted wallet.

I dont know.   This subject kind of annoys me really.

harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 11:02:53 PM

Interesting (and almost relevant) story...
I had a meeting with my financial advisor a couple days ago. This guy handles many people's portfolios and has asked me about bitcoin in the past (even called me once to ask about trading them on an exchange).
On this recent occasion, I steered our conversation to bitcoin and he commented that it was hard to get.
I told him i use localbitcoins a lot, and that there were traders almost everywhere. That shocked him. He wasn't aware that, even in this city where he lives, he was surrounded by traders at his beck and call.

Moral of the story: even those in the financial field with an interest in bitcoin still have very little idea about how to get bitcoin.
They don't automatically think of peer to peer trading, and it needs to be pointed out specifically.
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 02:34:34 AM

Maybe in Austrilia that happens because in the UK you can buy bitcoins with credit card using coinbase.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:25:03 PM

Buying Bitcoin is pretty annoying. The best is getting on Bitcoin. Make jobs being on Bitcoin a common thing and Bitcoin will start raising. People just don't care enough to go through buying to use it, they will buy only if they want to treat it like gold, not like an actual currency. It defeats the purpose if everytime you want to buy something you have to first buy Bitcoin and then buy whatever when you could just buy directly with fiat. In most cases you aren't getting any advantages out of doing that. So in my opinion the success of Bitcoin can't come from expecting people is going to exchange their fiat for BTC to buy stuff.
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:47:55 PM

I agree that is is really difficult to buy bitcoin but it is almost impossible to sell bitcoin without compiling with KYC. Services like Coinbase or Circle have to follow the law and ask for verification to all bitcoin buyers that is how the law is. The only way to change that is either to lobby the government and convince them to change the laws or use illegal bitcoin exchanges.
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:02:46 PM

I agree that is is really difficult to buy bitcoin but it is almost impossible to sell bitcoin without compiling with KYC. Services like Coinbase or Circle have to follow the law and ask for verification to all bitcoin buyers that is how the law is. The only way to change that is either to lobby the government and convince them to change the laws or use illegal bitcoin exchanges.

I vote for illegal bitcoin exchanges.  As you know damn well they wont change the law.  They are afraid people will use it for other reason and may lose tax money somewhere.

Lisam023

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 09:30:32 AM

Hey, I found a very good payment processor to buy BTC. It is https://buycoinnow.com/ Low fee (4.99%), possibility of card payment (Visa, MasterCard, Dotpay) and very quick support, in my opinion, the biggest advantages of BCN.

Do I have to register to buy BTC there? How long does the transaction usually take?
Lisam023

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 09:37:36 AM

On the other hand don`t you guys think that cryptocurrency field is a little bit unfair? People work whole life and achive nothing while some tricky guys have a real stroke of luck and become a milionaire immediately thanks to crypto..
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: