Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:46:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk Road sale.... BTC explosion.  (Read 16277 times)
gewure

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 05:58:20 PM

the silkroad offsale will drop the price the next days (sellers are likely to exchange there winnings) and since buyers spent alot of bitcoin they will buy them back some time later and increase the price back to its balanced level.

-> this is a win-win situation for the bitcoin economy, therefor good bullish news.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
buck92

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 08:08:00 PM

I believe I read somewhere that silkroad hedges to dollars when the buyer buys, and back to bitcoin when the buyer marks as delivered and they need to pay the seller.  If that's true, I'd expect slight downward pressure during the sale, and upward pressure over the coming weeks as people's deliveries arrive.

Only if a vendor chooses to use the service, SR charges a fee to hedge a purchase like this in US dollars on top of their standard fee so not everybody uses it.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 12:18:51 AM

I believe I read somewhere that silkroad hedges to dollars when the buyer buys, and back to bitcoin when the buyer marks as delivered and they need to pay the seller.  If that's true, I'd expect slight downward pressure during the sale, and upward pressure over the coming weeks as people's deliveries arrive.

Only if a vendor chooses to use the service, SR charges a fee to hedge a purchase like this in US dollars on top of their standard fee so not everybody uses it.

Thanks for the clarification.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 12:21:29 AM

Just a headsup, if any of you head over to their forums to find info, don't wonder off of their forums.

What do you mean?
AndDuffy (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 05:54:29 PM

Just a headsup, if any of you head over to their forums to find info, don't wonder off of their forums.

What do you mean?

Don't go Toring where you shouldn't be.

duckfeet

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 08:58:03 PM

On SR, btc is just a currency: many of us do not immediately change it back to our local money, but keep it stashed, either on SR, or in some other online site.  Takes a bit of research to figure it all out...my suggestion is to get on SR forums, and study up a bit, before doing anything else...all these sort of bitcoin questions have been discussed at length.  Again, SRforums have plenty of stickies and there are friendly members who will help out.  I wouldn't do any transactions on main site until going there.  But there have been ripoffs, of drug and bitcoin buyers, both, so study up a bit...it's considered part of 'paying your dues,'...best wishes...
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 06:09:55 AM

What do you mean?

Don't go Toring where you shouldn't be.

What on Earth are you on about?
+1
Like us getting lost in the big bad TOR-Sea? Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: