Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 04:31:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN  (Read 283081 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Brilliance

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:43:05 PM

Any chance of specifying a max amount of coins before the total amount of coins gets completely out of hand? At some point the value of each coin is going to be nothing at all.

Just wondering about the longevity of this coin regarding it's value and real life use. There are so many coins worth mere cents that it would be sad to see MMXIV turn into one of them.

This has been discussed before, read back a couple pages here.

Inevitably the value in terms of BTC per MMXIV will decrease as the coin supply increases (inflation).  However, MMXIV is unique in the fact that network inflation will always be less than your personal staking rate

Currently, the network total coin supply is increasing by about 4% per day, while your personal staking rewards are 5.5% per day.  As long as you hold and stake your coins, your personal wallet size will always be increasing at a greater rate than inflation can devalue the coin.

Thanks for the link. Sorry about not seeing that the question was answered already.
Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:21:58 PM

I think we could put his question another way, which in my mind is, what is the 5 year plan for this coin? At that point there will be millions of quadrillions of MMXIV. Will it matter if I have a few million quadrillion MMXIV at that point?
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 09:25:10 PM

I think we could put his question another way, which in my mind is, what is the 5 year plan for this coin? At that point there will be millions of quadrillions of MMXIV. Will it matter if I have a few million quadrillion MMXIV at that point?

Small minds use flat amounts. Big earners use percentages. Actual per coin price and amount of coins held are irrelevant when a system is based purely on percentage

Your question should be 'will my 5% of the total network be worth more in 5 years?' to which the answer is a resounding, and proven, yes

Brilliance

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:25:19 PM

Small minds use flat amounts. Big earners use percentages. Actual per coin price and amount of coins held are irrelevant when a system is based purely on percentage

Your question should be 'will my 5% of the total network be worth more in 5 years?' to which the answer is a resounding, and proven, yes

The reason I asked was mostly because a constantly tumbling price can give the perception of the coin loosing it's value in a psychological sense and deter new investors from buying the coin at all at some point. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how all this plays out.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 10:40:03 PM

The reason I asked was mostly because a constantly tumbling price can give the perception of the coin loosing it's value in a psychological sense and deter new investors from buying the coin at all at some point. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how all this plays out.

A high price makes it hard to buy in. A lower price lets people try out the amazing staking

thc4me

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:17:07 AM

And this seems to hold true, very valid point. You just have to look at what is happening to Snowballs, price keeps dropping and there are very few buying, so price keeps falling.
freedomsr40

Activity: 471

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:18:29 AM

i dont normally comment here unless i have an issue, but i want to comment on the interest, as of right now i have about 100 MMXIV , nearly 500 USD at current value, 80% of my investment is in this coin. why? well because it works! you CAN NOT compare this coin to any other PoS coin because of the original supply, ive seen numbers where after a year it gets huge and im aware of that BUT , because of iGotBalls working hard on this coin and the hardware and the rarity it is my OPINION (and keep in mind how much i have invested here) that the intrigue and the stability and all i mentioned above will hold the interest and the community on this coin, i have no plans at all to sell any of my coins ATM, and i dont see why i would, MAYBE when i get over 500 or a thousand i will do it but as of now, no thanks, in fact i have buy orders in to get more, anyway stop bashing this coin and settle down and for those of you who support this coin keep it up! and to igotballs, AWESOME JOB KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 12:23:17 AM

And this seems to hold true, very valid point. You just have to look at what is happening to Snowballs, price keeps dropping and there are very few buying, so price keeps falling.

BALLS had a protocol switch used a test for MMXIV, which will not go live. They are very, very different coins. BALLS stakes once every week or so

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 12:23:47 AM

i dont normally comment here unless i have an issue, but i want to comment on the interest, as of right now i have about 100 MMXIV , nearly 500 USD at current value, 80% of my investment is in this coin. why? well because it works! you CAN NOT compare this coin to any other PoS coin because of the original supply, ive seen numbers where after a year it gets huge and im aware of that BUT , because of iGotBalls working hard on this coin and the hardware and the rarity it is my OPINION (and keep in mind how much i have invested here) that the intrigue and the stability and all i mentioned above will hold the interest and the community on this coin, i have no plans at all to sell any of my coins ATM, and i dont see why i would, MAYBE when i get over 500 or a thousand i will do it but as of now, no thanks, in fact i have buy orders in to get more, anyway stop bashing this coin and settle down and for those of you who support this coin keep it up! and to igotballs, AWESOME JOB KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Thanks, we are doing our best. Percentages don't lie  Wink

We are quietly creeping up the top 100 on coinmarketcap making a lot of people very happy

TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:25:03 AM

There were some thing that triggered early for Snowballs changing the min stake from 24 hrs to ~8 days. Compounding the issues was about that same time tons of coins were moved thinking the 30 day max stake was reached. So tons of coins are all on the same stake time frame but the network is still trying to setting down from the change from 24 hrs to 8 day stake.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 12:36:55 AM

There were some thing that triggered early for Snowballs changing the min stake from 24 hrs to ~8 days. Compounding the issues was about that same time tons of coins were moved thinking the 30 day max stake was reached. So tons of coins are all on the same stake time frame but the network is still trying to setting down from the change from 24 hrs to 8 day stake.

Correct. Very different situations

ValleyOfTheWolves

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:54:23 AM

Dont let the price bother you guys .. Because your already lucky if you bought or buying mmxiv Wink
Phosphorous

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:14:51 AM

Yes, but let me make a point...
Current money supply is approx 22k and current price is .02BTC.
The minimum price any coin can be is 1 Satoshi.
And before I begin, we must accept that value is relative to supply, that's Econ 101. It's the exact relationship of supply of M-coin in this case to value that is very difficult to model or predict, but in general an increase in supply should result in a lower price. Will a doubling of supply lead to a halving of the price? No, we have yet to see that. So the exact relationship is unknown. And who knows, perhaps M-coin will defy the laws of economics at least for a while as there is more that factors into price than just the supply. But I think eventually an exponential increase in supply has to have an effect.

Theoretically, if coin value was directly proportionate to supply (which it isn't) and assuming no price changes, if my calculations are correct, when the supply hits 4.4B (Approx Dec 7, 2015) the value of an M coin would be 1 Satoshi. So to extend this, when the supply hits 1T, each coin would be worth approx 1/23 of 1 Satoshi which of course, is impossible to value since the minimum value is 1S. In other words, in this theoretical scenario after the supply hits 4.4B each coin becomes untradeable no matter how many of them you have unless an exchange opens that lets you trade coins worth fractions of a Satoshi.

Don't take offense... that's just theory and not what I'm saying will happen.

However, the only way this scenario is avoided/delayed is if the value of 1 M coin increases and/or does not decrease inversely proportionate to the supply. Let's look at that scenario:
Relative to supply and per my memory of the coin being worth about .01 at the beginning of 2014% POS, we've actually seen an increase in the value of M-coin of about 22-fold which is remarkable! But how long can this keep up? The price has effectively doubled (relative to supply) about 4.3 times in about 55 days while the supply has only doubled about 3.3 times. So far we are good! But is the relative price increase sustainable? It will be difficult to accomplish because the math gets crazy.

Again, it's impossible to predict or model, but if the price stops maintaining or increasing relative to supply we start looking at a probability of 1 Satoshi valuation anywhere between the day the supply hits 4.4B ("worst" case (although there could be worse due to other market forces like 'dumpers'), which is the value of 1 M-coin decreasing exactly proportional to increase in supply) and (best case), 1 Quadrillion (~Oct 17, 2016) in a scenario where M-coin holds its value well but ultimately cannot effectively keep doubling in price relative to increase in supply. Admittedly I picked the 1Q number out of the air, but it is 256000x greater than 4.4B so the range is wide and reasonable. The scary thing is that 1Q supply is less than 2 years away.

That's why I ask about the 5-year plan. Shoot, by Sept 2018 at 4% daily increase in supply there will be 1 Octillion M-coins in existence.

What will the exchanges look like then? If you have 1% of 1 Octillion coins, and each is worth 1 Satosi BTC, you would have the equivalent of 1000 Quadrillion BTC.

Shoot, what will the exchanges look like in September when the supply hits 100M? A holder of 1% would be 1M M-coin. At current valuation it would be worth 20000 BTC, which takes a special kind of buyer to take the other side of that transaction, even if they want to just whittle away and sell 1% of their 1M M-coin, assuming a scenario where the coin is still commanding 0.2BTC. The transaction sizes would be enormous and unrealistic.

What am I missing?
Tell me where my "small mind" is going wrong about the long-term outlook?
freedomsr40

Activity: 471

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:49:28 AM

if supply grows pr "when " it grows why not just up the TX fees? thatll help, just a thought guys
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 01:53:24 AM

if supply grows pr "when " it grows why not just up the TX fees? thatll help, just a thought guys

Another one of the test factors active in BALLS that may or may not get ported to MMXIV  Wink

forbesmining

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:03:35 AM

@Phosphorous --> Whatever point you are trying to make has long-since been made.

Your FUD is getting really old. Might I suggest a (long) vacation?

Phosphorous

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:01:36 AM

@Phosphorous --> Whatever point you are trying to make has long-since been made.

Evidently not, because I was told I have a "small mind." I'm hoping someone here can tell me where my math is wrong because obviously there is something I'm not seeing.
Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:04:16 AM

Agreed.

Phosphorous, I think we all understand the math and what you are trying to say.  Yes, compounding interest, small percent over time makes big inflation, coin supply is going to get crazy, we get it.

The point to remember is, currently at least, your personal rate of 5.5% per day earned through staking is greater than the network inflation rate of ~4% per day.  Inflation or not, running the numbers as they are right now, the $USD value of the MMXIV in your wallet will increase as long as the price stays stable, or even if it decreases proportionate to 4% inflation per day.  Regardless of BTC per MMXIV price, as long as you're staking, and as long as the total market cap of MMXIV is increasing, you're in the green.

As for the "long term" plan who the hell knows.  Right now, things are good.  Market price and market cap, volume, supply/demand and community pressure/advice will probably dictate if or when action is taken to curb inflation in the future.  Can we please stop talking about this now?
kidyubyub

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

http://taas.fund

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:32:40 AM

Agreed.

Phosphorous, I think we all understand the math and what you are trying to say.  Yes, compounding interest, small percent over time makes big inflation, coin supply is going to get crazy, we get it.

The point to remember is, currently at least, your personal rate of 5.5% per day earned through staking is greater than the network inflation rate of ~4% per day.  Inflation or not, running the numbers as they are right now, the $USD value of the MMXIV in your wallet will increase as long as the price stays stable, or even if it decreases proportionate to 4% inflation per day.  Regardless of BTC per MMXIV price, as long as you're staking, and as long as the total market cap of MMXIV is increasing, you're in the green.

As for the "long term" plan who the hell knows.  Right now, things are good.  Market price and market cap, volume, supply/demand and community pressure/advice will probably dictate if or when action is taken to curb inflation in the future.  Can we please stop talking about this now?

A couple more things.... LOL - Just kidding.  Tongue

██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████

T O K E N  -  A S  -  A  -  S E R V I C E

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████
Phosphorous

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:48:46 AM

That's all I was asking, and finally I have an answer. There is no plan... Good enough for me.
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: