Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:57:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 5TH/s Open for Sale.  (Read 9262 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 02:56:28 AM

Dunno.  I haven't seen it, I was just doing a little educated guessing.  Last year they sold a ton of preorders for this Poseidon 3 unit as they call it.  They got the money, but never shipped any units (or some tiny amount like 10).  Now here they are a few months later offering cloud mining with Poseidon 3 units.  I was just putting two and two together; when I asked them this, they vehemently denied ever taking preorders and not delivering, then when I pointed out that THEY THEMSELVES told us about it in the OP, they said they didn't mean for it to happen, "it just happened".
Selling a ton a pre-orders then not shipping anything doesn't give confidence. Right there in itself is a scam and should be clearly stated.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #z28KGuUbeA4hYWci

Well yes, that is why I mentioned it, so anyone who does business with this company knows exactly what kind of scumbags they are dealing with.  

Lol you sound so hypocritical.  First you say they're a legitimate business because they have a cloudmining operation then you say they're scumbags.  Make up your mind!   Cool

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:06:02 AM

Dunno.  I haven't seen it, I was just doing a little educated guessing.  Last year they sold a ton of preorders for this Poseidon 3 unit as they call it.  They got the money, but never shipped any units (or some tiny amount like 10).  Now here they are a few months later offering cloud mining with Poseidon 3 units.  I was just putting two and two together; when I asked them this, they vehemently denied ever taking preorders and not delivering, then when I pointed out that THEY THEMSELVES told us about it in the OP, they said they didn't mean for it to happen, "it just happened".
Selling a ton a pre-orders then not shipping anything doesn't give confidence. Right there in itself is a scam and should be clearly stated.

Well yes, that is why I mentioned it, so anyone who does business with this company knows exactly what kind of scumbags they are dealing with.  

Lol you sound so hypocritical.  First you say they're a legitimate business because they have a cloudmining operation then you say they're scumbags.  Make up your mind!   Cool

I never said they were a legitimate business, and I have no idea what you read that gave you that impression.  What I said was that I personally do believe the miners are real, and that they stole them from their paying customers.  Not trying to get into an argument here but seriously, reread what I wrote, nothing I said was at all a positive endorsement  Smiley
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 03:09:17 AM

I never said they were a legitimate business, and I have no idea what you read that gave you that impression.  What I said was that I personally do believe the miners are real, and that they stole them from their paying customers.  Not trying to get into an argument here but seriously, reread what I wrote, nothing I said was at all a positive endorsement  Smiley

Any one got a unit? Are these guys for real?

Also what date is June shipping?

If you ask if these guys are for real, you already know the answer to the question... Wink

No, they're for real.  They do have a cloud mining operation.  Where do you think those 750+ units they sold but never delivered went?

Maybe you should re-read what you write before posting.   Grin

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:46:20 PM

Not necessarily, they could just be using the BTC they accumulated to "pretend" to have a physical mine.

Until you see proof (video) of the equipment mining in a datacentre and the blockchain showing that the coins paid out were actually minted rather than just bought and sold, until then its just a sad ponzi scam.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:36:10 AM

Not necessarily, they could just be using the BTC they accumulated to "pretend" to have a physical mine.

Until you see proof (video) of the equipment mining in a datacentre and the blockchain showing that the coins paid out were actually minted rather than just bought and sold, until then its just a sad ponzi scam.

^^^+1^^^
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:42:02 AM

Dang that thing is huge but not bad for 5TH/s!

BTCOlympus (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:05:04 AM

SALE! SALE! SALE!
[/color]

5TH/s BTC Olympus ZEUS - August Batch - Split* Payment: $3000
                                                        - Full Payment: $6000

3TH/s BTC Olympus Poseidon - August Batch: - Split* Payment: $1500
                                                              - Full Payment: $3000

Last units!

*split payment = you pay 50% up front and 50% after the unit arrives at your location.

dquancey

Activity: 587
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:53:22 AM

Your latest email is a bit naughty....

Subject: Poseidon 3Th/s Bitcoin miner amazing limited offer. Starting from $2500!

They don't start from $2500, they start from $5000
Prepay. 50% upfront.

Dogie did you get the equipment? Did you test it?

They promised a unit and then stopped replying soon after, so no testing.

Was there ever a batch 1 product?

Never seen any claim to have received one of these?
Andyddr

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:55:06 PM

BTCOlympus is a scam.
No answers to email regarding my order. Promised I'd get my machine and a tracking number over a month ago, still nothing.
More emails and still no replies.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:13:45 PM

BTCOlympus is a scam.
No answers to email regarding my order. Promised I'd get my machine and a tracking number over a month ago, still nothing.

What a surprise!

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 8192

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:25:38 PM

BTCOlympus is a scam.

What a surprise!

Yeah they had some serious issues with their specification claims from the get-go.  I asked a few questions of them and didn't get a warm fuzzy from their replies.
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:28:13 PM

BTCOlympus is a scam.

What a surprise!

as usual when people saying it's scam, everyone looking different way.
But once scam hit someone- user is coming and shouting "its a scam, its a scam".

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 8192

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:50:14 PM

BTCOlympus is a scam.

What a surprise!

as usual when people saying it's scam, everyone looking different way.
But once scam hit someone- user is coming and shouting "its a scam, its a scam".

I think people have been calling this one a scam right from the start.
R-T-B

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:05:22 AM

Sounds great.

Since it appears you are using cgminer to run your hardware, please post the source code to the modifications you made to cgminer in accordance with the license you agreed to when you created and distributed a driver for your hardware based on cgminer.

I tried the GPL-tactic on the Innosilicon group that made the A2 scrypt miner.  They never replied.  They think because they are in China, they are immune to the law of open source licensing.

...Sadly, they are probably right.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4130
Merit: 1636

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 10:23:43 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 04:03:20 PM by ckolivas

Sounds great.

Since it appears you are using cgminer to run your hardware, please post the source code to the modifications you made to cgminer in accordance with the license you agreed to when you created and distributed a driver for your hardware based on cgminer.
As you have not responded I will take that as ignoring the license conditions despite being given a reasonable amount of time to respond, so therefore I will be requesting a DMCA takedown of your thread by the forum administration.

EDIT: Withdrawn. Let's leave this thread to run its course since the scam aspect seems more relevant than my concerns about the software.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 10:41:49 AM

Sounds great.

As you have not responded I will take that as ignoring the license conditions despite being given a reasonable amount of time to respond, so therefore I will be requesting a DMCA takedown of your thread by the forum administration.

I wouldn't do this, it only helps them. They're a likely scam and hiding the scam warnings will only serve to aid their actions.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 10:46:27 AM

Sounds great.

I wouldn't do this, it only helps them. They're a likely scam and hiding the scam warnings will only serve to aid their actions.
This is the first in a planned big clean up as a stance. Scam or not, they were the first to have their code requested.

-ck
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 11:02:49 AM

Sounds great.

This is the first in a planned big clean up as a stance. Scam or not, they were the first to have their code requested.

As much as I support open source licenses, facilitating a scam ISN'T the way to go. Its actually a great mechanism for one to operate under.

1) Annouce preorders
2) Say running cgminer
3) Wait for the "release source code" message
4) Ignore it
5) Continue taking preorders
6) Don't deliver preorders
7) Thread and all others is taken down so no one can let others know you are a scam
Cool Continue taking scam money.
9) Profit.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 11:44:29 AM

Sounds great.

As much as I support open source licenses, facilitating a scam ISN'T the way to go. Its actually a great mechanism for one to operate under.

1) Annouce preorders
2) Say running cgminer
4) Ignore it
7) Thread and all others is taken down so no one can let others know you are a scam
9) Profit.
I appreciate your concern and perhaps the answer is to lock the thread and allow unmoderated discussion only, or perhaps un self-moderate the thread?

-ck
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 12:10:03 PM

Sounds great.

1) Annouce preorders
2) Say running cgminer
4) Ignore it
9) Profit.
I appreciate your concern and perhaps the answer is to lock the thread and allow unmoderated discussion only, or perhaps un self-moderate the thread?

Probably a mix of everything. Maybe something like this:
  • Strip them of thread ownership (and so self mod)
  • Moderate their OP down slightly in terms of fonts to inhibit sales with a small explanation saying see 2nd post
  • Add second post into a giant message saying "this company is in violation of GPL licenses *insert explanation here*

They can go back to normal if they fall in line, well, if they weren't a likely scam in the first place.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: