Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:11:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Willy Report...What do you guys make of it?  (Read 6476 times)
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 06:30:37 PM

massive fraud

clearly there's some hidden element here involving mostly China and partly Russia.  The Chinese are obviously tripping up some kind of back-room dealings, and they're blaming the corruption on them when clearly it's not coming from China.

-bm

This is a scandal of great proportion, no doubt about it.
Wait until the Mainstream News Agencies get hold of this story.
Good Times. 

just look at a small portion of the sheer corruption and madness emanating from the Bitcoin Foundation!

not sure about this Phineas guy, he seems a bit ragged - but you can't deny that there is some fishy stuff happening here.

-bm

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:30:55 PM

doesnt matter for me, if it was private investors like mark is saying or bot or inside trading
everybody took action based on own mind and price flow
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 06:33:45 PM

doesnt matter for me, if it was private investors like mark is saying or bot or inside trading

the important question is how much were they pumping the price, and is it still inflated?

-bm

igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:38:48 PM

the important question is how much were they pumping the price, and is it still inflated?

-bm

approximately 10x pumping the price

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Jesu

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:43:23 PM

I never trusted Mark. Wasnt he involved in some fraud in his early years?
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 06:47:35 PM

-bm

approximately 10x pumping the price

that was my opinion some time ago.  There is simply no way that 1 bitcoin is worth one thousand dollars!  or even a few hundred.

part of the pump scam is also owning media outlets who mindlessly promote an agenda, and we certainly have that now don't we?  Coindesk.

-bm

Beyonce

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Surfbort.

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:49:05 PM

Makes you wonder what the actual 'real' value of bitcoin is and where it would be without this business.

Bow down, bitches.
helmax

Activity: 440

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:54:15 PM

Makes you wonder what the actual 'real' value of bitcoin is and where it would be without this business.

ofcourse is not actual price and rising
its a joke this rising only after amsterdam event
 Undecided

looking job
JJB

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:55:45 PM

Undecided

What does Amsterdam have to do with anything? I dont see how thats related.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:56:29 PM

well this is the basic problem, that they are inflating the price of BTC.  The plan was to make a pump and dump scheme, get people to buy in, and then get out before the music stops.
Sorry, I don't beieve in that.  Since November at least, perhaps since April 2013, and until now, the evolution of the BTC price is well explained by natural demand in China, and the subsequent events there.  I am pretty sure that the 2013 bubbles would have developed the same way even without Markus/Willy, except that the price may have risen faster and higher without them.  (Arbitrage naturaly slows down rallies and crashes that originate in only some of the exchanges.)

And I don't see how one can tell whether the price is/was inflated, since there is no objective criterion to establish the "correct" price.

EDIT: Evolution of the BTC price

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 07:00:33 PM

massive fraud

clearly there's some hidden element here involving mostly China and partly Russia.  The Chinese are obviously tripping up some kind of back-room dealings, and they're blaming the corruption on them when clearly it's not coming from China.

-bm

This is a scandal of great proportion, no doubt about it.
Wait until the Mainstream News Agencies get hold of this story.
Good Times. 

just look at a small portion of the sheer corruption and madness emanating from the Bitcoin Foundation!

not sure about this Phineas guy, he seems a bit ragged - but you can't deny that there is some fishy stuff happening here.

-bm

And, will probably become more ragged the longer I wait for davout, staff on this forum, to return my 1,132 BTC that's currently residing in one of his fat-ass bitcoin wallets thanks to InstaWallet "hack".

Odd, how he and his two partners became bitcoin-rich, in spite of having no returns on their failed enterprises, and with Bitcoin-Central - back by a bank name Lemon Way known for its ONLY ONE app - performing lacklusterly, at best.

BTW, David Francois and Mark Karpeles have been friends for years, possibly French Fuck Fuddies.
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 07:01:56 PM

well this is the basic problem, that they are inflating the price of BTC.  The plan was to make a pump and dump scheme, get people to buy in, and then get out before the music stops.
Sorry, I don't beieve in that.  Since November at least, perhaps since April 2013, and until now, the evolution of the BTC price is well explained by natural demand in China, and the subsequent events there.  I am pretty sure that the 2013 bubbles would have developed the same way even without Markus/Willy, except that the price may have risen faster and higher without them.  (Arbitrage naturaly slows down rallies and crashes that originate in only some of the exchanges.)

And I don't see how one can tell whether the price is/was inflated, since there is no objective criterion to establish the "correct" price.

EDIT: Evolution of the BTC price

there is no reason why would have these run-ups.  They are pure speculation.  I've seen these sorts of schemes in action before(dot com bubble) and it's the same game plan and the same characters.

People even note on this forum over and over again- what do you actually USE bitcoin for?  what is the answer?

helmax

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:02:50 PM

Undecided

What does Amsterdam have to do with anything? I dont see how thats related.

its simple if actual price we have is not real because increase with bot
so how can 20% in few days
at point you not see dahh

looking job
MahaRamana

Activity: 338

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:03:00 PM

It's possible that the november bubble was not entirely driven by the fundamentals or even that the bots contributed significantly to its sustenance.

What it would mean : november cannot count as a fundamentals driven bubble like the previous ones.

What it would mean : we are due for the next fundamentals driven bubble anytime now.

Yes. It's bullish.
bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 07:03:43 PM

It's possible that the november bubble was not entirely driven by the fundamentals or even that the bots contributed significantly to its sustenance.

What it would mean : november cannot count as a fundamentals driven bubble like the previous ones.

What it would mean : we are due for the next fundamentals driven bubble anytime now.

Yes. It's bullish.

what are the fundamentals?

what is the real demand for Bitcoin?

-bm

MahaRamana

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:05:42 PM

there is no reason why would have these run-ups.  They are pure speculation.  I've seen these sorts of schemes in action before(dot com bubble) and it's the same game plan and the same characters.

People even note on this forum over and over again- what do you actually USE bitcoin for?  what is the answer?

People use bitcoin as a easily transferable and secure store of value.

Nothing beats bitcoin for that very important function. This alone, and without mass adoption as payment technology, is enough to bring it to a multi trillion market cap.
MahaRamana

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:07:16 PM

Yes. It's bullish.

-bm

The fundamentals are very simple : the worldwide need for an easily transferable and secure store of value, in the context of a zombie monetary system (governments, banks etc... virtually bankrupt).
helmax

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:10:30 PM

Yes. It's bullish.

-bm

The fundamentals are very simple : the worldwide need for an easily transferable and secure store of value, in the context of a zombie monetary system.

ok and ?

wht is point bah you have altscoin is more cheap
why spend high money in joke of price bitcoin
nonsence wht you say

wht part you not understand exchangers manipulted the price

looking job
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:14:07 PM

You may want to check this comment by Ian Green to the Willy Reports:
http://willyreport.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/the-willy-report-proof-of-massive-fraudulent-trading-activity-at-mt-gox-and-how-it-has-affected-the-price-of-bitcoin/comment-page-1/#comment-13
Some tantalizing finds on the blockchain...

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
MahaRamana

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:16:20 PM

Yes. It's bullish.

-bm

The fundamentals are very simple : the worldwide need for an easily transferable and secure store of value, in the context of a zombie monetary system.

ok and ?

wht is point bah you have altscoin is more cheap
why spend high money in joke of price bitcoin
nonsence wht you say

wht part you not understand exchangers manipulted the price

Because bitcoin fulfils the function of secure store of value better than your altcoins that have a very uncertain future. Secure implies more likely to continue to exist. I do not think BTC is overvalued compared to any other altcoins existing today, quite the contrary.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: