Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:24:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [I0C] I0coin - The Best Choice In Digital Currency  (Read 81906 times)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:34:06 AM

You dont get it, your not a developer with any kind of experience sorry. Anyways i hope the dev here raises the quality of this project by properly assessing the ramifications of the changes

You sure like being vague don't you.  Give us some specifics on parameter issues.

Here is an example for you. It may or may not apply to this project but applies to one that I'm working on.

If you modify the block time from say 10 minutes to 1 minute you must assess bloat. The max size of a tx is 100k and max size of 1M per block. Logically you shoudl consider reducing max tx size of 10k and max block size of 100k, however with max tx size of 10k you can't fit a standard tx with anything above 50 or so txins so you need to keep that at 100k. Now you have the ability for a single tx to fill up an entire block (which may or may not open up other security ramifications in the system as a black box). Another thing to consider is the amount of blocks to keep by default with bitcoin's IBD push, since by default its set to a certain "size" in MB and changing max block size will affect this change because it seems optimized for this "size". It is set to 288 by default but if you reduce max block to 100k then you would want to set this to 2880 to match the same amount of data stored before pruning.

If you keep block size to 1M then you have 10x more bloat than bitcoin and that may invalidate any hope for it to survive under the logical pretense that storage efficiency will outweigh the network bandwidth constraints that would exist with 10x more bloat (this is because bandwidth costs more than storage in a blockchain network).

THis is just an example of 1 single parameter changing, now multiply that with x number of ramifications for every parameter now you have atleast 1000x extra checks to do by making something like 5 changes to the consensus model (that is an over-exaggeration but you get what I mean now?)

Point taken.

It wouldn't hurt to do a review to ensure parameters are optomized.  And optomized parameters today may not be in a year.  They may need to evolve based on a number of factors.  Average transactions per block, average block size, etc.

I'd expect it's a continuous, iterative process.

Thanks for the heads up.

domob, brooksby,
Do you know of any questionable parameter settings?

If you change block times you probably need to adjust size of block and all other params that go with that.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
misbhavn

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:36:39 PM

Been using the 10C faucet @ cryptoblox.com. Payouts is alright for a faucet. Unfortunately I have 9 deposits now that are not confirmed. Last confirmed deposit was on 12/26/15. Sent an email a week ago to faucet support, but as of date no reply. Does anyone know if there's a problem with this faucet? It's depositing, just not confirming Sad  Thanks in advance for you time Smiley
brooksby

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 04:29:19 AM

You dont get it, your not a developer with any kind of experience sorry. Anyways i hope the dev here raises the quality of this project by properly assessing the ramifications of the changes

You sure like being vague don't you.  Give us some specifics on parameter issues.

Here is an example for you. It may or may not apply to this project but applies to one that I'm working on.

If you modify the block time from say 10 minutes to 1 minute you must assess bloat. The max size of a tx is 100k and max size of 1M per block. Logically you shoudl consider reducing max tx size of 10k and max block size of 100k, however with max tx size of 10k you can't fit a standard tx with anything above 50 or so txins so you need to keep that at 100k. Now you have the ability for a single tx to fill up an entire block (which may or may not open up other security ramifications in the system as a black box). Another thing to consider is the amount of blocks to keep by default with bitcoin's IBD push, since by default its set to a certain "size" in MB and changing max block size will affect this change because it seems optimized for this "size". It is set to 288 by default but if you reduce max block to 100k then you would want to set this to 2880 to match the same amount of data stored before pruning.

If you keep block size to 1M then you have 10x more bloat than bitcoin and that may invalidate any hope for it to survive under the logical pretense that storage efficiency will outweigh the network bandwidth constraints that would exist with 10x more bloat (this is because bandwidth costs more than storage in a blockchain network).

THis is just an example of 1 single parameter changing, now multiply that with x number of ramifications for every parameter now you have atleast 1000x extra checks to do by making something like 5 changes to the consensus model (that is an over-exaggeration but you get what I mean now?)

Point taken.

It wouldn't hurt to do a review to ensure parameters are optomized.  And optomized parameters today may not be in a year.  They may need to evolve based on a number of factors.  Average transactions per block, average block size, etc.

I'd expect it's a continuous, iterative process.

Thanks for the heads up.

domob, brooksby,
Do you know of any questionable parameter settings?

If you change block times you probably need to adjust size of block and all other params that go with that.

Based on four years of operation I don't see any immediate problems.  Nevertheless, we should do a review of parameters.  Maybe 'sidhujag' would like to be an independent, unbiased reviewer.  The best way to improve a coin is to try to find weaknesses, and even do stress tests.

brooksby

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 04:32:14 AM

Been using the 10C faucet @ cryptoblox.com. Payouts is alright for a faucet. Unfortunately I have 9 deposits now that are not confirmed. Last confirmed deposit was on 12/26/15. Sent an email a week ago to faucet support, but as of date no reply. Does anyone know if there's a problem with this faucet? It's depositing, just not confirming Sad  Thanks in advance for you time Smiley

I've been a bit curious about them because their payouts are not showing up on the block explorer.  I'll send a PM and ask.
brooksby

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:45:57 AM

Been using the 10C faucet @ cryptoblox.com. Payouts is alright for a faucet. Unfortunately I have 9 deposits now that are not confirmed. Last confirmed deposit was on 12/26/15. Sent an email a week ago to faucet support, but as of date no reply. Does anyone know if there's a problem with this faucet? It's depositing, just not confirming Sad  Thanks in advance for you time Smiley

I've been a bit curious about them because their payouts are not showing up on the block explorer.  I'll send a PM and ask.

CryptoBlox hasn't logged in since early November, but I PM'ed him anyway.  The wallet doesn't seem to be syncing with the block chain even though payouts are still being generated and posted.  If CryptoBlox updates the wallet or just restarts it should come back online.  In the mean time, I wouldn't use the faucet.  We may need to get another one.

misbhavn

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:57:59 AM

Been using the 10C faucet @ cryptoblox.com. Payouts is alright for a faucet. Unfortunately I have 9 deposits now that are not confirmed. Last confirmed deposit was on 12/26/15. Sent an email a week ago to faucet support, but as of date no reply. Does anyone know if there's a problem with this faucet? It's depositing, just not confirming Sad  Thanks in advance for you time Smiley

I've been a bit curious about them because their payouts are not showing up on the block explorer.  I'll send a PM and ask.

CryptoBlox hasn't logged in since early November, but I PM'ed him anyway.  The wallet doesn't seem to be syncing with the block chain even though payouts are still being generated and posted.  If CryptoBlox updates the wallet or just restarts it should come back online.  In the mean time, I wouldn't use the faucet.  We may need to get another one.

Thanks for checking into the faucet. Hope Cryptoblox restarts or updates wallet, I'd really like the coins, haha :p
If not yeah, another faucet would be great! Smiley
dnp

Activity: 401
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 07:35:07 PM

I've been a bit curious about them because their payouts are not showing up on the block explorer.  I'll send a PM and ask.

CryptoBlox hasn't logged in since early November, but I PM'ed him anyway.  The wallet doesn't seem to be syncing with the block chain even though payouts are still being generated and posted.  If CryptoBlox updates the wallet or just restarts it should come back online.  In the mean time, I wouldn't use the faucet.  We may need to get another one.

Thanks for checking into the faucet. Hope Cryptoblox restarts or updates wallet, I'd really like the coins, haha :p

me too Sad
not had any of the payouts confirm since about dec.23rd.
i also sent a message with no response.
i also see that one of the adservers ('adbit') used on the pages is throwing up error messages too. looks
like cryptoblox admin has just not been around for a while... hope it isnt health issues or anything like that Sad

Explorer and full node hosting at explorer.dognose.net
misbhavn

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:33:58 PM

CryptoBlox hasn't logged in since early November, but I PM'ed him anyway.  The wallet doesn't seem to be syncing with the block chain even though payouts are still being generated and posted.  If CryptoBlox updates the wallet or just restarts it should come back online.  In the mean time, I wouldn't use the faucet.  We may need to get another one.

me too Sad
i also see that one of the adservers ('adbit') used on the pages is throwing up error messages too. looks
like cryptoblox admin has just not been around for a while... hope it isnt health issues or anything like that Sad

Yes, hopefully all is well with the Admin. I sent him another email the other day. That makes 3 now, but still no reply. I seen the adservers error messages too and now 10C faucet button is no longer on Cryptoblox. Maybe another faucet will be started soon, we can hope for that too anyways!
misbhavn

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 11:41:40 AM

Just wanted to update that 2 days ago, all 10C deposits I was waiting for from CryptoBlox finally DID confirm.
I now have the coins and just wanted to say thanks to who ever made this possible! Smiley
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:16:50 AM

Wallet problems on Cryptopia?
tinderbox (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 60

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:08:45 PM

Not that I've heard.  What kind of problems are you referring to?
tinderbox (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 60

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:11:23 PM

me too Sad

Yes, hopefully all is well with the Admin. I sent him another email the other day. That makes 3 now, but still no reply. I seen the adservers error messages too and now 10C faucet button is no longer on Cryptoblox. Maybe another faucet will be started soon, we can hope for that too anyways!

If someone can recommend a faucet I'll try to get I0coin added.
p3yot33at3r

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:48:35 PM

Not that I've heard.  What kind of problems are you referring to?

Missing deposits:

Activity: 355

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:32:36 PM

Does anyone know where we can get hold of the developer, We have compile the new i0coin wallet on the exchange but it seems to have in issue with RPC binding

Code:
Binding RPC on address 0.0.0.0 port 7000 failed.

Everything works fine until re try add an ip via rpcallowip, soon as we add an ip we get the following error message, changing the port is fine

Or if anyone has a link to the old version source cone we can reinstall the old wallet

Thanks

▄███████▄
                      ███████████
                     █████████████
          ▄████████▄  ███████████
         ████████████  ▀███████▀
        ██████████████
         ████████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀████████▀  ████████████
                     ██████████████
                      ████████████
                       ▀████████▀
Cryptopia..██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★ 
...Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace | Rewards | CoinInfo 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.f. ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀██▀██████████
█████████  ▀████████          ▀█████████
██████████    ▀▀████          ██████████
█████████▀▀                  ███████████
██████████                  ▄███████████
███████████▀               ▄████████████
████████████▄▄▄           ▄█████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀         ▄▄████████████████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
  ██████████████
  ████████████████▄
  ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀███████
     █████     ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄█████▀
     ████████████████
     █████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
     █████      ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
  ███████████████████
  ██████████████
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
p3yot33at3r

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:50:50 PM

Does anyone know where we can get hold of the developer, We have compile the new i0coin wallet on the exchange but it seems to have in issue with RPC binding

Code:

Everything works fine until re try add an ip via rpcallowip, soon as we add an ip we get the following error message, changing the port is fine

Or if anyone has a link to the old version source cone we can reinstall the old wallet

Thanks

If I remember correctly, this branch connects to both old & new clients, v11.9.9:

https://github.com/domob1812/i0coin/tree/temporary

Code:
git clone -b temporary https://github.com/domob1812/i0coin.git

Or use:

Code:
git clone -b old-client https://github.com/domob1812/i0coin.git

..for the older version.
brooksby

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:41:54 AM

Code:

Thanks

Are you running in prune mode or not?

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 06:33:30 PM

Code:

This probably means that your port 7000 is already in use; do you have accidentally a daemon still running?  Or some other software that uses this port?  If this is not the case and you think that this may be a bug with rpcallowip, the same bug is most probably present also in upstream Bitcoin - in this case you could try to look for information for this problem in Bitcoin or even file an upstream bug if you can reproduce it there.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
p3yot33at3r

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:02:18 PM

Any update on this problem? My coins are still missing & Cryptopia are a bit too quiet for comfort........
brooksby

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:28:49 AM

Any update on this problem? My coins are still missing & Cryptopia are a bit too quiet for comfort........

I sent a PM to them.  We'll see what they say.

They can always go back to the old client, but that shouldn't be necessary.  I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with the new 0.11.9 client.
brooksby

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:38:40 AM

I sent a PM to them.  We'll see what they say.

They can always go back to the old client, but that shouldn't be necessary.  I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with the new 0.11.9 client.

I0coin is back online at Cryptopia.  I believe they reverted back to the 0.8.x wallet for now.  We'll continue to look into the issue with the new wallet.

As a generally rule, I'd recommend not keeping your coin balance on any exchange except when you're actively trading.  It's usually easy enough to move your balance on and off exchanges, so it's safer to store them in your local wallet until you're ready to trade.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: