Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:10:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [I0C] I0coin - The Best Choice In Digital Currency  (Read 81913 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 11:39:07 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2019, 02:05:45 AM by markm

Hmm lets use the actual trading mechanism built into Stellar. I will fire up Stellar and put a bunch of I0C tokens for sale for Stellar Lumens (XLM) if I have not done so already. I have been meaning to for so long that I don't remember whether I ever actually found time to do it. So I guess if it is not already done the time to do it has come. Hopefully I'll also find time to do the same for IXCoin, DeVCoin and so on through the list of all the coins I have implemented, and what the heck I'll also check each one as I come to it to make sure I did post an info page about it on the http://makemoney.knotwork.com/ site stating its symbol and issuing account and issued-to account.

So you should be able to look at the page http://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/i0c/ and see there that the symbol is I0C, the issuing account is GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5 and the issued-to account is GATCAX6Q2TGGGU4Y7NJOSJCQ3SXZUWBTLJOKHKOK7LXZODXDJQCWXGX6

The page also attempts to explain that part of the purpose of having an issued-to account is so that folks don't send the tokens back to the issuing account, which would un-issue the tokens. I know a lot of exchanges do like to issue and un-issue tokens dynamically as people deposit and withdraw, but I prefer to issue in advance a number of tokens representing real coins I really have on hand on their own blockchain in my own wallet and in effect buy and sell those tokens rather than risking any kind of "live" ("hot") creation and destruction of tokens as coins come and go from a "hot" wallet.

The issued-to account also helps me keep track of how many I actually issued of each token since I set the trust line of the issued-to account to the number I issue.

I got the above info by looking at the page so yes I did already get around to making I0Coin-on-Stellar's page.

Now I just need to fire up my Stellar wallet and see about placing some I0C tokens for sale for Lumens if I haven't done that already.

When the time comes that you want to "bail out" I0C tokens for real I0Coins on I0Coin's own blockchain you will be sending the I0C tokens to the issued-to address so that the tokens still exist (because, afterall, the real coins they stand for still exist), and I will send you I0Coin on the I0Coin blockchain. I have more than twice as many I0Coins as the number I have issued tokens for so basically I will be buying the tokens using other I0Coins not un-issuing the tokens. (The tokens remain, to represent other coins I still have securely in a wallet even after buying the tokens from you with real coins.)

Don't just blindly send tokens to their issued-to address without warning though; we will need to co-ordinate so I know they are coming and to what real-coin-blockchain address to send you the real coins.

OK I am off to fire up my Stellar wallet now...

...OK I put a whole pile of buy and sell offers I0C/XLM. Too many buy offers actually, ran out of lumens oops.

Have started to put sell offers of other coins too but I guess I won't be able to put in buy offers for them until I get some lumens by folks taking up my sell offers. Smiley

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rsj91

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 08:22:41 PM

I0C has been listed on Novaexchange. 

Hi,

I am from Nova Exchange. Our system is unable to calculate the minimum transaction fees for I0C.
What is the minimum fee per byte or kilobyte used so that the transaction gets included on the blockchain?
realdantreccia

Activity: 666
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2019, 11:38:25 PM

Hi,

I am from Nova Exchange. Our system is unable to calculate the minimum transaction fees for I0C.
What is the minimum fee per byte or kilobyte used so that the transaction gets included on the blockchain?

That's an interesting question. I'd ask Vlad or markm. Did you try messaging them since we are only periodically here?

From the many one, from one, the source
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 04:53:00 PM

Hi,

.0002 i0c is recommended fee for normal speed on the client but you can attempt to set lower from what I read off the source code.

Code:
<source>If the custom fee is set to 1000 satoshis and the transaction is only 250 bytes, then "per kilobyte" only pays 250 satoshis in fee, while "total at least" pays 1000 satoshis. For transactions bigger than a kilobyte both pay by kilobyte.</source>

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2019, 04:55:50 PM

I believe the normal for all bitcoin clones was that a certain amount of the space on the blocks can be used with no fee at all, at least I think it was back in those days?

So most likely you can actually get away with no fee.

The i0coind help shows a command to set the min fee to whatever you want, but nothing for getting the amount so as to see what it was set to by default.

If you aren't able to figure it out from the source code maybe you can look up what bitcoin's was way back then since typically these older coins are as close to being copies of bitcoin as they can get away with.

Although, even on pretty much empty old blockchains I have seen min fees mentioned when I tried to send everything that was left in a wallet, probably due to new/recent outputs from having just almost-emptied the wallet. I believe though that was the send routine enforcing a fee, most likely I could have set fee to zero (or whatever the minimum is you can set it to) and it still would have gone into the blockchain due to almost all blocks being basically empty.

So unless you have reason to believe the i0coin blockchain has enough transactions constantly to constantly eat up the portion of the block allocated to free transactions you might as well set the fee as low as you can until the blockchain gets busier.

-MarkM-

Hi,

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
hornetsnest

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 05:13:11 PM

..erm just set it @ .0002 i0C.You can reduce it when we Mooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn  Roll Eyes

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Rsj91

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 07:24:33 PM

I believe the normal for all bitcoin clones was that a certain amount of the space on the blocks can be used with no fee at all, at least I think it was back in those days?

So most likely you can actually get away with no fee.

The i0coind help shows a command to set the min fee to whatever you want, but nothing for getting the amount so as to see what it was set to by default.

If you aren't able to figure it out from the source code maybe you can look up what bitcoin's was way back then since typically these older coins are as close to being copies of bitcoin as they can get away with.

Although, even on pretty much empty old blockchains I have seen min fees mentioned when I tried to send everything that was left in a wallet, probably due to new/recent outputs from having just almost-emptied the wallet. I believe though that was the send routine enforcing a fee, most likely I could have set fee to zero (or whatever the minimum is you can set it to) and it still would have gone into the blockchain due to almost all blocks being basically empty.

So unless you have reason to believe the i0coin blockchain has enough transactions constantly to constantly eat up the portion of the block allocated to free transactions you might as well set the fee as low as you can until the blockchain gets busier.

-MarkM-

Hi,

Many thanks Smiley
Mihawk

Activity: 1149
Merit: 347

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 07:59:17 PM

Altilly is the only place that still trades I0C? These days I downloaded the wallet of this coin and other old ones to encourage the network.
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 07:09:58 PM

Altilly is the only place that still trades I0C? These days I downloaded the wallet of this coin and other old ones to encourage the network.

Here is another:

https://freiexchange.com/market/I0C/BTC

Skaro

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 10:03:50 PM

FreiExchange is a modest but trustworthy exchange. We are proud to list I0Coin.

Why do we have low volume? We didn’t ask for a listing fee, we don’t prop-up markets in any significant way, nor do we create fake volume. We count on the community to support their coin.

At this point in the ending of the alt-coin winter, please come and help us support your coin by helping fill up the order books at our exchange to make a market. We don’t have any trading fees.

https://freiexchange.com/
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 01:49:01 AM

Raise your hand if you're still here?

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 05:08:39 AM

Why do we have low volume? We didn’t ask for a listing fee, we don’t prop-up markets in any significant way, nor do we create fake volume. We count on the community to support their coin.

At this point in the ending of the alt-coin winter, please come and help us support your coin by helping fill up the order books at our exchange to make a market. We don’t have any trading fees.

For me it is the fact that the biggest destroyer of value of coins I work with has been fly-by-night and/or "hacked" exchanges.

So now I am trying to do my trading on Stellar and HORIZON networks, using tokens that represent coins I am holding myself thus are hopefully harder for someone else to vanish from under me.

-MarkM-

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 04:52:08 PM

For me it is the fact that the biggest destroyer of value of coins I work with has been fly-by-night and/or "hacked" exchanges.

So now I am trying to do my trading on Stellar and HORIZON networks, using tokens that represent coins I am holding myself thus are hopefully harder for someone else to vanish from under me.

-MarkM-

So are we waiting for Vircuex to be resolved for the value to come back? Wasn't there a BTC/DVC pairing there?

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 07:13:15 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2019, 03:51:12 AM by markm

Vircurex simply stopped listing us, I guess there was at one point a loss of some bitcoins but all the DVC, I0C and IXC was able to be withdrawn no problem.

The biggest loss, for me at least, was Cryptsy. Over 134 bitcoins lost there that had been the buy-sides.

Lost hundreds of thousands of IXC and hundreds of millions of DVC in that one.

Now Cryptopia has gone, with lots of IXC and I0C and the bitcoins that were their buy-sides.

So now I am hoping to get some good trading going on HORIZON and Stellar.

It is true though that after DVC was not on Vircurex anymore its price fell below one satoshi so it really has not been practical since then to do DVC/BTC pairings.

I think by now though DVC is paired against pretty much ALL of the assets shown at http://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/ and any that it isn't yet point out to me s maybe I somehow managed to miss some.

-MarkM-

hornetsnest

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 12:20:29 PM

hundreds of millions thousands of I0C in that one.

Fixed that for you.

hornetsnest

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 12:26:09 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2019, 12:40:49 PM by hornetsnest

So are we waiting for Vircuex to be resolved for the value to come back?

Are you referring to this?   https://twitter.com/satoshi0x/status/1138923475941437440

Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 12:54:26 PM

Fixed that for you.

Or hundreds of millions DVC? Huge loss nevertheless.

Are you referring to this?   https://twitter.com/satoshi0x/status/1138923475941437440

Dude, you forgot to quote and interpret the relevant part.
hornetsnest

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 09:10:23 PM

Fixed that for you.

Or hundreds of millions DVC? Huge loss nevertheless.

Are you referring to this?   https://twitter.com/satoshi0x/status/1138923475941437440

Dude, you forgot to quote and interpret the relevant part.

This account's Tweets are protected.

Only confirmed followers have access to @satoshi0x's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

.......and we can't see it anymore Roll Eyes

Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 09:31:32 PM
Merited by Vlad2Vlad (50)

What a lame excuse...

Here, let me help:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1138917119943487488.html
hornetsnest

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 09:05:31 AM

What a lame excuse...

Here, let me help:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1138917119943487488.html

Why not just dump the whole wall of text here for Mark M to review it or elaborate on any specific point made from the barrage of tweets that supports the theory?.Instead you want me to spend time sifting through delusional hyperbole to try to associate Devcoin with the nonsense from the tweet.Any association is simply through misguidance or only designed to generate a false narrative.If its the latter then its blatant misrepresentation but I will give the author the benefit of the doubt and assume its the former.

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: