Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:02:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should the price of the machines at www.bc-mining.com be lower?
Yes
No
Who cares?

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Introducing] The Bitcoin Mining Authority  (Read 8882 times)
mjsbuddha (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

yung lean

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 05:49:30 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2011, 05:10:15 AM by mjsbuddha

We sell everything you need to get started mining Bitcoins at the lowest price of comparable systems on the market. Free shipping within the continental United States.

www.bc-mining.com

[edit]
The people have spoken. Consider this a preview. We will 'relaunch' soon with more economical systems and an option to buy with Bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 05:54:20 PM

Really? lowest price on the market my a**

don't use false advertisement please, makes you look bad. Also, why don't you use 5970s instead?

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
mjsbuddha (OP)

yung lean

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 05:55:40 PM

Really? lowest price on the market my a**

don't use false advertisement please, makes you look bad. Also, why don't you use 5970s instead?

please link lower prices.

also we dont use 5970's because 1. they are hard to find other then used on ebay and 2. the 6990 can be overclocked to get higher hash rates if the user is so inclined
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:02:44 PM

bitcoinrigs.com's "Professional Rig": $1 more expensive than your cheapest model (which seems equivalent - both use one 6990).

However... their cheapest model is only $899.

Took me twenty seconds in Google. I used "mining rig site:bitcoin.org" to search, and clicked on the first link.

This space intentionally left blank.
mjsbuddha (OP)

yung lean

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:08:02 PM

bitcoinrigs.com's "Professional Rig": $1 more expensive than your cheapest model (which seems equivalent - both use one 6990).

However... their cheapest model is only $899.

Took me twenty seconds in Google. I used "mining rig site:bitcoin.org" to search, and clicked on the first link.

We don't offer the lower end systems that he does AND our systems are cheaper then his equivalent ones because we offer free shipping. Seriously folks, why the hostile attitude?
LMGTFY

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:09:33 PM

Seriously folks, why the hostile attitude?
Allergic reactions to a misleading claim? That's certainly true in my case. I'm sure you provide a lovely service - it'd be even better if your marketing was accurate.

mjsbuddha (OP)

yung lean

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:13:07 PM

Seriously folks, why the hostile attitude?
Allergic reactions to a misleading claim? That's certainly true in my case. I'm sure you provide a lovely service - it'd be even better if your marketing was accurate.

you can mine bitcoins on a $300 walmart special computer if you wanted to but you wouldnt get much out of it. Find a system for sale that has the performance of my systems for cheaper.
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

We sell everything you need to get started mining Bitcoins at the lowest price on the market. Free shipping within the continental United States.
Why there is no description of rig's internals ? No data on MB, CPU, etc...

And it looks insanely expensive. Why would anyone use such case ?
Miner's profit is better when rig is as cheap as possible.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
LMGTFY

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:16:18 PM

you can mine bitcoins on a $300 walmart special computer if you wanted to but you wouldnt get much out of it. Find a system for sale that has the performance of my systems for cheaper.
Fine. Then say that. Don't say...
We sell everything you need to get started mining Bitcoins at the lowest price on the market
...because it clearly isn't true.

nster

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:18:59 PM

go to ibuypower.com for example... choose the custom parts and you will see that it is probably less expensive. Any other similar sites should show less expensive parts.

Hell, I could do it much cheaper to ANYONE. I would even consider accepting bitcoins

I could do a 1x 6990 for 1200$ (or 1x5970 for 900$) and a 2x 6990 for 1985$ (or 2x 5970 for 1410$)

Yes, this includes a CoolerMaster HAF X. Shave off 150$ to get a lower end case

That means 750$ for a 600 Mh/s (I'll OC it to reach 625~660Mh/s)

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:22:12 PM

Specs other than GPU would certainly help justify the price.  The base system seems far too highly marked up.  The price increase between the single system and the dual system is a bit more reasonable ($900 higher than base system for a $720 GPU and a bigger power supply (1200 watt?)).

But $1,800 for 600 mHash/sec?  I just built a 740 mHash/sec rig for only $900!

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
mjsbuddha (OP)

yung lean

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:25:05 PM

LFGTFY - I edited it to say "of comparable systems". Does that sufficiently address the issue?

nster - I'm providing a service to to people that don't know how or don't want to build their own machines. You simply have to plug it in and you're good to go. You could buy the parts to build a car cheaper then buying the premade car, does that make TOYOTA a sleezy company?
nster

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:26:59 PM

LFGTFY - I edited it to say "of comparable systems". Does that sufficiently address the issue?

nster - I'm providing a service to to people that don't know how or don't want to build their own machines. You simply have to plug it in and you're good to go. You could buy the parts to build a car cheaper then buying the premade car, does that make TOYOTA a sleezy company?

I'm saying I may be even ready to do it as well (ie: I build it, take a fee, and ship it ready to be used)

but a 130% markup, or 1000$ for the lowest end model is huge... if you factor in the case, its still an 850$ mark up and still over 110% more (ie: more than double the price)

LMGTFY

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:28:31 PM

It does, thank you.

Presentation is key when marketing something - if you appear less than honest it adversely affects the image of the product or service you're selling. It really pays to know your market and be aware of your competitors' offerings, but equally appearing to trash your competitors is less than ideal. Let your pricing and goods/services speak for themselves.

mjsbuddha (OP)

yung lean

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:30:22 PM

Seriously people, how is my service any different then bitcoin rigs except that its cheaper because I offer free shipping? Why is everyone hell bent on sinking my ship before it sets sail instead of offering constructive advice to a member of the community?

And the plan is to accept bitcoins as payment as well. we should roll that out in a few days if this hostility doesn't kill the service first.
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2011, 06:34:10 PM

Seriously people, how is my service any different then bitcoin rigs except that its cheaper because I offer free shipping? Why is everyone hell bent on sinking my ship before it sets sail instead of offering constructive advice to a member of the community?
And the plan is to accept bitcoins as payment as well. we should roll that out in a few days if this hostility doesn't kill the service first.
I would recommend listing full specs of those rigs.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
mjsbuddha (OP)

yung lean

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:34:54 PM

I'm saying I may be even ready to do it as well (ie: I build it, take a fee, and ship it ready to be used)

but a 130% markup, or 1000$ for the lowest end model is huge... if you factor in the case, its still an 850$ mark up and still over 110% more (ie: more than double the price)

I assure you our systems cost more then that to build. our markup is closer to 30%, WELL below normal retail markup of 80-120%
mjsbuddha (OP)

yung lean

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:37:38 PM

I would recommend listing full specs of those rigs.

thank you for the advice sir. I will get right on that.
nster

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:41:11 PM

I assure you our systems cost more then that to build. our markup is closer to 30%, WELL below normal retail markup of 80-120%

in that case, show the system specs....

do realize that if you are selling computer that are meant for mining, and mining only (ie: no gaming) the best bang/buck are sempron+mobo combo at 80$. And no need of 1+TB HDDs etc. Else, advertise the as multi-functional rigs that do bitcoins as well (which is basically a gaming PC, which attracts a lot of market).

Also, doesn't a 6990 do more like 650Mh/s? and 2x = 1.3Gh/s?

Come on people! A merchant comes with an offer, you do not like the price you do not buy it. Better yet, offer a competing service which is better and cheaper. But attacking and badmouthing him over his price is just wrong.

You really think his prices are such a rip off  - go create a separate price comparison thread and help consumers to be better informed.

It isn't that I don't like his prices, I could care less, it is the advertising saying they are the lowest priced for comparable setups.

mjsbuddha (OP)

yung lean

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 06:47:53 PM

working on detailed system specs now. should be updated in a bit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: