Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:35:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with Guiminer  (Read 23837 times)
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 10:05:41 PM

I'm wondering if it has to do with the dificulty rise, thats all I can tell has changed

If that was the case, anybody who had an existing miner running (those who haven't re-turned it on recently) wouldn't have the problem.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BinoX

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 10:10:36 PM

I'm wondering if it has to do with the dificulty rise, thats all I can tell has changed

If that was the case, anybody who had an existing miner running (those who haven't re-turned it on recently) wouldn't have the problem.

Agreed.. I have one machine still running GUIminer from yesterday and it's still hashing away well. The one I stopped and started again today doesn't work with the standard poclbm core..

I don't really know python, but after having a look through the source code and following it through to the point at which the error occurs it seems to be a problem with submitting a found result... But it does appear to keep hashing even though it doesn't seem able to send them. Which is why the computers still seem to be busy despite the pools showing 0 shares.
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 10:14:50 PM

Some people reported me issues with GUI miner on my pool, but I don't have an idea why it is doing that failure. I didn't modified pool software and also only guiminer is having issues. I think it is something strange in gui miner...

Tinua

Activity: 871
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 10:17:52 PM

Some people reported me issues with GUI miner on my pool, but I don't have an idea why it is doing that failure. I didn't modified pool software and also only guiminer is having issues. I think it is something strange in gui miner...

Its only Guiminer with open Cl
Guiminer with phoenix-miner working!
Jine

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 01:38:31 AM

I can second that, we at bitlc.net have seen reports of users having issues as well.

Do we have any fix for this atm slush? suggested action? switch miner? Smiley

Previous founder of Bit LC Inc. | I've always loved the idea of bitcoin.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2012, 03:51:21 AM

i'm also having problems with GUI miner with all rigs!!!
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 03:53:14 AM

watching
PcChip

Activity: 418

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 04:42:06 AM

watching this thread, only because the detailed explanation will be very interesting, like one of those "mystery diagnosis" TV shows 

"On the morning of.... bitcoin miners across the world stopped working all at once, and nobody knew why....   It took the dedicated work of one man to piece this mystery together, and solve the case of this strange phenomenon.  This is his story."

Legacy signature from 2011: 
All rates with Phoenix 1.50 / PhatK
5850 - 400 MH/s  |  5850 - 355 MH/s | 5830 - 310 MH/s  |  GTX570 - 115 MH/s | 5770 - 210 MH/s | 5770 - 200 MH/s
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 06:15:11 AM

I've only had one report on BTC Guild, but the pool hash rate definitely reflects that its affecting a large number of users.  I'm eagerly awaiting someone making a post after discovering the cause of this problem and why it only seems to be hurting poclbm based miners.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 08:33:46 AM

Strange thing though, if you stayed connected before the diff change it still works. Thats some funky magikx right there o_0

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 08:37:10 AM

Win7 users don't have a lot of choices. Switching to CGMiner is easy enough. Hopefully Guiminer will be fixed soon.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 11:09:35 AM

Check out the fix here:
https://github.com/m0mchil/poclbm/commit/3c4bf83c9fe8602c687afcd82d556cf58af4fbba

shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 11:38:47 AM

I don't have problems at all running 24/7 in last 2 months but I haven't updated my miner in 2 months either.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
m0mchil

Activity: 171
Merit: 127

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 11:39:46 AM

Please see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1334.msg732081#msg732081

slider1978

Activity: 180

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 02:43:48 PM

Also something that is odd, this issue has not affected any of my nvidia based miners.

I was pretty sure it had to do with the difficulty rise.  Cheesy
ensign_lee

Activity: 886

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 02:53:37 PM

Does GUIminer automatically pull the latest version of polcbm? Or will we have to redownload guiminer whenever the patch is out for Windows?

Also, I'm curious as to how much the difficulty has fallen because of this. We'll see just how many users are using polcbm. My guess is...a lot. And judging by the small amount of responses here on the forum, most of them probably haven't even realized that they're not actually doing work lately, since the computer by all outside measures (power draw, heat created) looks as though it is still working.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
slider1978

Activity: 180

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 03:22:34 PM

Does GUIminer automatically pull the latest version of polcbm? Or will we have to redownload guiminer whenever the patch is out for Windows?

Also, I'm curious as to how much the difficulty has fallen because of this. We'll see just how many users are using polcbm. My guess is...a lot. And judging by the small amount of responses here on the forum, most of them probably haven't even realized that they're not actually doing work lately, since the computer by all outside measures (power draw, heat created) looks as though it is still working.

Actually many probably still are doing work since the problem only presents when the worker is switched off and then back on. I think many will be coming here as workers are powercycled and don't come back up proberly and find the fix right away so there will sort of be a rolling amount of downtime that doesn't affect the difficulty rate too much
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2012, 04:50:07 PM

Is anyone having a problem with their GUI Miner.  I keep on getting unexpected error on all my rigs.  

Same too me. Use cgminer. At least that's what the BTC Guild operator suggested.

hardpick

Activity: 265

Football President

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2012, 08:39:06 PM

"Actually many probably still are doing work since the problem only presents when the worker is switched off and then back on. I think many will be coming here as workers are powercycled and don't come back up proberly and find the fix right away so there will sort of be a rolling amount of downtime that doesn't affect the difficulty rate too much"

I agree with the above statement   -- if you powercycle your pc --- i was unable to restart guiminer and had to switch to cgminer --
I have another 4 pc with multi gpu  and guminer which have not being power cycled working correctly --- I would expect the same problem if I was to power cycle those pc's
quattro

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 07:39:00 AM

I run a really old version of guiminer (newer versions are less efficient) and all 10 of my 4gpu rigs are doing fine with opencl on deepbit.

It must be an issue with newer versions (within the past few months or so)

PM me if you need hosting for your FPGA or ASIC miner.  Secure, air conditioned facility... will beat competitor pricing.  Over 15 years in the hosting industry.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: