Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 07:55:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Willy was used to Launder Bitcoins, not drive price up.  (Read 2128 times)
obit

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:33:50 PM

Is this related to the new biggest bitcoin wallet?
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:48:26 AM

This Bullrush can indeed happen again without the trading bot/Willy.[/b]
Will. It will happen again. In fact, we are already overdue for an upward market correction.

Thank you for the chart.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 04:40:12 AM

We should'nt really discredit him just because of his trust. To me everything is possible with Mt.Gox.

A company that bit doesn't go bankrupt that easily. It maybe was Mark's bad managment but do you think that there wouldn't be someone there to advice him? Maybe he was trying to put blame on his "bad managment" by going public couple of times and wanting to show off a face persona to outshine the possible huge frauds that were going on under the name of Mt.Gox and made it go bankrupt.

But again, speculation.

According to the articles that I read after the Gox bankruptcy, Karpeles didn't trust any of his employees with the private keys of the cold storage wallets, which he kept locked in a safe at home. He was also spending most of his time coming up with cake recipes for his bitcoin cafe and worrying about his burgeoning waistline. At least that's what some of his former employees stated...

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:12:22 AM

Karpeles stole those Bitcoins.  No questions about it.  He's as crooked as they come and I'm surprised he's not locked up yet.

I would consider this speculation.

I would consider Karpeles an idiot but I am not 100% sure about being a thief.

I do find it disconcerting that he tried to sell his discounted coins on other exchanges via arbitrage prior to GOX's collapse.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: