Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:27:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Satoshi.  (Read 1469 times)
S4VV4S (OP)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:59:48 PM

Hi guys,
I know Satoshi said that "he moved on to other things",
so my question is to who?

Is there a formal statement?

Thank you Smiley

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:36:55 PM

Hi guys,

Thank you Smiley

I believe it was in an email to Gavin Andresen.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
S4VV4S (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:43:58 PM

Hi guys,

Thank you Smiley

I believe it was in an email to Gavin Andresen.

Is there any formal releases?
Was the email pgp signed by Satoshi?
Was it published somewhere?

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:49:19 PM

Hi guys,

Thank you Smiley

Wait, where is this at? And when was it said? Is this something from 2009 or recent?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Bitcoin Cat

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 06:10:45 AM

As far as I know, there's no formal statement. The last statement made from him is here:

http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/xn/detail/2003008:Comment:52186
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:14:49 AM

As far as I know, there's no formal statement. The last statement made from him is here:

I always wonder if these posts are from him or if someone got into his account somehow. I'd think if he were going to make responses to the public he would do so more openly; not just a random message here and there.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 06:18:16 AM

Gavin Andresen said he exchanged many PMs with satoshi on this forum. The only other person that has access to everyone's PMs is Theymos, so I'm sure if Theymos really wanted to figure out who satoshi was, he could get really close.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:09:55 AM

Man it got so crazy for a short time when that lady over at Newsweek claimed to have found Satoshi...this thread just reminded me of that.   They have really gone dark about that, after initially sticking to their story...
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:11:10 AM

Gavin Andresen said he exchanged many PMs with satoshi on this forum. The only other person that has access to everyone's PMs is Theymos, so I'm sure if Theymos really wanted to figure out who satoshi was, he could get really close.

Yes this is true, but he would probably face a lot of backlash from the community for that...so I am pretty sure, this is not something he would try to do...
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:25:52 AM

I've outed the father of Bitcoin!

waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 05:33:34 PM

gavin andressen said satoshi stopped responding to him after he told satoshi he was going to visit the CIA to give a talk about bitcoins to them

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:42:10 PM

gavin andressen said satoshi stopped responding to him after he told satoshi he was going to visit the CIA to give a talk about bitcoins to them

You are implying that Satoshi stopped responding because Gavin was going to talk to the CIA, but that is just speculation.

Probably spoofed by someone with admin access to the board.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:39:38 PM

Probably spoofed by someone with admin access to the board.

This was my first assumption as well. There's only one way for a message to be verified, and that's through one of Satoshi's addresses being signed. I'm positive he knows that as well, so I'd assume if the message was legitimate that's how he'd communicate. This, of course, also helps keep his anonymity safe.

Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:23:29 PM

The Newsweek story was one of the most stupid stories I ever read. You are looking for a master mind of disguise, of course you go find him in the yellow pages...  I wonder where the Newsweek picks up its employees...
Now, there was another story published after on the subject... and that one might have some credibility. But lets forget about the matter, satoshi has his right to privacy, I don't want to know who he is.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
S4VV4S (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:32:09 PM

The Newsweek story was one of the most stupid stories I ever read. You are looking for a master mind of disguise, of course you go find him in the yellow pages...  I wonder where the Newsweek picks up its employees...
Now, there was another story published after on the subject... and that one might have some credibility. But lets forget about the matter, satoshi has his right to privacy, I don't want to know who he is.

My question has nothing to do with Satoshi's identity.
It has to do with his disappearance.

And I still didn't get a complete answer.
What happened?

Did Gavin visit the CIA and told Satoshi and he vanished?
And we have this confirmed from Gavin himself?
Where is it posted/published?
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 09:49:24 PM

This, it's quite hilarious hehe
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:59:22 PM

Journalism studies is a feeder path to intel work. 
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:02:37 PM

Well they made quite some money on that story. The truth doesn't seem all that important anymore.
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:35:07 AM

I'm hoping that the victim will sue them for all the dimes they earned with that insult to the intelligence of their readers.

But Newsweek paid a price in credibility... that earned money had a heavy cost. I don't give much for the future of the so-called journalist, she will be hunted by this story for years.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
GodOfCrypto

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:51:51 AM

Satoshi is a member of this forum. He hides in plain site. I'm surprised that you Technos have not discovered him. He is here and just is!

Yawei knows all.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: