Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:04:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XBTec Announce. New ASIC manufacturer.  (Read 131774 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 08:30:50 PM

If no one has a shipping number or proof that these are even in production, then after the 15th, you should definitely hit up Jimmothy for your payday.   Roll Eyes

It is more than obvious, that XBTec have not got anything to show yet. Even if they ship "something", they will have to pull that out of their arses. No chance they have a working unit now, otherwise they would at least post some video.

So, if they do not have the production of their miners in some kind of a parallel reality, there are ZERO chances, that they can keep their promises.

I want to see, what jimmothy has to say about this.

P.S. Popcorn time  Grin Grin Grin

I dont think the bet had a clause about total non shipment. They didn't beat or exceed power consumption, there was a no contest. I think both parties should either agree to cancel the bet, or if they can't agree, continue to wait. I will try and get an update.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:42:48 PM

If they turn out to be a scam or similar (don't think they took preorders so I'm not sure who could get scammed) then I'll consider myself the loser even though catastrophic failure was not included in the bet.

That being said I still want to give them a bit more time because a ~1 month delay is still perfectly normal for hardware development.

I'd say giving them 1 more month would be fair.
jimmothy

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:58:13 PM

If they turn out to be a scam or similar (don't think they took preorders so I'm not sure who could get scammed) then I'll consider myself the loser even though catastrophic failure was not included in the bet.

That being said I still want to give them a bit more time because a ~1 month delay is still perfectly normal for hardware development.

This mentality needs to change. No, it is not 'perfectly normal' for a month delay.

It's normal for a business to do proper planning and expect the unexpected. Not to literally copy & paste what 20 companies before you have been doing. They still have not even updated their OP.

Yes, delays/unexpected issues in hardware development are incredibly common which is why I'd imagine you don't see hardware preorders anywhere other than in the bitcoin world.

The reason it is completely acceptable is because they did not take preorders and/or make guarantees.

They could be 2 years late for all I care as long as they are not holding anyones money hostage.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 09:24:59 PM

This mentality needs to change. No, it is not 'perfectly normal' for a month delay.

It's normal for a business to do proper planning and expect the unexpected. Not to literally copy & paste what 20 companies before you have been doing. They still have not even updated their OP.

Yes, delays/unexpected issues in hardware development are incredibly common which is why I'd imagine you don't see hardware preorders anywhere other than in the bitcoin world.

The reason it is completely acceptable is because they did not take preorders and/or make guarantees.

They could be 2 years late for all I care as long as they are not holding anyones money hostage.

It's just getting old and annoying when we see a company someone post about a new chip/miner and put up actual dates of shipping when in reality this is all coming out of their ***. That's where I have a problem. They could have just not posted this thread to begin with and nothing would have changed. They are still nowhere to be found, no progress etc. "Why even make this thread?" I guess is my point I'm trying to make. Meh, like you said, as long as no money is tied up it's all moot.

They had a miner. It wasn't perfect, it was okay. It competed with the competition, but they wanted better. That's not 'coming out of their ass', that's wanting better (and having a reasonably easy fix).

What do you have to show us?

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 10:51:22 PM

What do you have to show us?

I'm not claiming to be a bitcoin asic manufacturer, am I, dogie?  Roll Eyes

Everything I say I'm going to do, I do.

You're claiming they had nothing, they do have something.

tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:12:40 PM

Where is the something?
You mean , the picture with the magazine?

None of them XBTec guys reply to our messages anymore.
Also, there are no updates about their progress or any estimated delivery time.

If they don't deliver then you lose Jimmothy. It is quite obvious.

Okay lets wait another month, until 15 of August,

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
BitsBitsBits

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:54:48 PM

XBTec seem like they are really busy lately. Not coming online for a couple days/only making a few posts.

I really hope they get on their feet and start showing what they have accomplished. I wish them good luck.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DjPxH

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:30:28 PM

I really was watching this company as it seemed as if they had cracked asicminer's efficiency problems, but it doesn't look good. I don't know if jimmothy's bet would default to 'lost' if they didn't produce a miner. but he takes it like an honorable person!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
tzortz

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:01:52 AM

Of course he is lost as soon as he claims that they will PRODUCE an efficient miner.

How can you claim, and insist, and bet, that is a successful manufacturer with low energy consumption gear when he is finally a scam?

It is more than obvious.

All is Mine!

FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:43:56 PM

Of course he is lost as soon as he claims that they will PRODUCE an efficient miner.

How can you claim, and insist, and bet, that is a successful manufacturer with low energy consumption gear when he is finally a scam?

It is more than obvious.

Well, don't be so hasty... Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute something to malice that can equally well explained by stupidity or incompetence. They never took anyone's money, so I fail to see how this is a scam!

psahx

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:41:53 PM

Well, don't be so hasty... Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute something to malice that can equally well explained by stupidity or incompetence. They never took anyone's money, so I fail to see how this is a scam!

You are wrong. They took pre-orders on their Russian page. I doubt any of their Russian customers have received anything.

You state, you DO NOT ACCEPT PRE-ORDERS, right?

How come, that on your Russian webpage, you are offering pre-orders for ASICMINER Gen3 (2 Thash/second), with option to deliver on/before July 20 for $2800 and on/before June 30 for $3400?

Forgot to mention, you have already sold-out a pre-order for 150 pcs, June 17 delivery.

http://www.xbtec.ru/goods-view/asicminer-gen3-2-thash-second

Russian market is Russian. We have good relations with Russian-speaking community.
Moreover we have few anchor investors, who has invested our team, therefore 150psc has been sold out.
So, for now we do not take pre-orders.
Approximately Friday we have to say final price. We are forecasting to give price for July batch about 2800$, but for now it is just estimate value.

Please, have a read carefully the first post of this topic and wait for a Friday.

Sincerely, XBTec Team

tzortz

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:39:59 PM

Right , I forgot about that.

They said that had sold out the 150pcs.

All is Mine!

DjPxH

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:50:17 PM

You are wrong. They took pre-orders on their Russian page. I doubt any of their Russian customers have received anything.

You state, you DO NOT ACCEPT PRE-ORDERS, right?

How come, that on your Russian webpage, you are offering pre-orders for ASICMINER Gen3 (2 Thash/second), with option to deliver on/before July 20 for $2800 and on/before June 30 for $3400?

Forgot to mention, you have already sold-out a pre-order for 150 pcs, June 17 delivery.

http://www.xbtec.ru/goods-view/asicminer-gen3-2-thash-second

Russian market is Russian. We have good relations with Russian-speaking community.
Moreover we have few anchor investors, who has invested our team, therefore 150psc has been sold out.
So, for now we do not take pre-orders.
Approximately Friday we have to say final price. We are forecasting to give price for July batch about 2800$, but for now it is just estimate value.

Please, have a read carefully the first post of this topic and wait for a Friday.

Sincerely, XBTec Team

Ah really? Yeah I guess you're right. But haven't those been some bold investors that were okay with taking a bigger risk? Aw, snap, anyways this is bad for them. I guess this time some Russians got scammed. Cue the Soviet Russia jokes...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
tzortz

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:42:54 PM

Although, our bet was not if they were scams or not, but if they will PRODUCE an efficient miner.

Looks like that they will never produce anything, hence no efficiency.
It is a far worse scenario than producing an inefficient hardware.

I could not find a reason that Jim is not lost.

All is Mine!

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:08:25 PM

Although, our bet was not if they were scams or not, but if they will PRODUCE an efficient miner.

Yup, I'd say chances are 75% that this thing is dead in the water and 25% that they may produce some miner that may or may not meet the advertised specs but it's doubtful if it is worth the money by then.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
jimmothy

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:38:22 PM

http://www.xbtec.ru/news/zapushhen-nash-data-tsentr-v-shenchzhene-kitaj
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:56:46 PM

Yup, I'd say chances are 75% that this thing is dead in the water and 25% that they may produce some miner that may or may not meet the advertised specs but it's doubtful if it is worth the money by then.

tzortz

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 12:16:32 AM

Huh Huh

All is Mine!

psahx

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:37:13 AM

LOL

So what, they got set up some mining farm for themselves, with some dragon miners... Did they ship the pre-orders to the Russian customers? Did they ship the test unit to Dogie? Anyone with enough money can open a mining farm in Shenzhen...

Effin' ridiculous...
jimmothy

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:45:54 AM

So what, they got set up some mining farm for themselves, with some dragon miners.

They are not dragon miners.

They also said in the first post of this thread that they will be building a massive datacenter. Not sure what you are surprised about.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: