Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:32:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XBTec Announce. New ASIC manufacturer.  (Read 131774 times)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:51:39 PM

Good to see you finally made it!

Good to see who finally made what?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:54:15 AM

i was wondering the same thing he is not quating anyone and is just kind of a plain statement so please feel free to tell us what you mean or who or what you talking about thanks

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:14:33 PM

from the post in the russian forum one can tell that these are quite late. like 2-3 months late already.
the consensus from now is to wain until 10th of Oct and act accordingly
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 12:26:15 PM

from the post in the russian forum one can tell that these are quite late. like 2-3 months late already.

If you bothered to read all the posts in that forum, you'll see that they WERE quite late. And those customers were also compensated with double their ordered hash rate and were happy.

aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:42:10 PM

I did ... All the way to the 12th page

Quote from: drcrash
B oбщeм я тaк дyмaю, чтo ecли 10-oгo чиcлa вce пoвтopитcя - тo вce, чтo oни гoвopили пo тeлeфoнy - тe пpeдлoжeния, кoтopыe oни пpeдлaгaют зaвeдoмo знaя, чтo нa ниx пoкyпaшкa нe пoдпишeтcя. B oбщeм y мeня вoт тaкoe двoякoe чyвcтвo cлoжилocь. - кyчa вapиaнтoв, нo caмый paциoнaльный - ждaть 10-oгo, ocтaльныe вapиaнты oзвyчивaлиcь зaвeдoмo пoнимaя, чтo oни никoмy нe нyжны. 10-e чиcлo пoкaжeт. - мacлo мacляннoe. нo, дyмaю - cмыcл был пoнят

Quote from: salzar2010
Bce вpeмя гoвopили ecли нaдo вoвзpaт пpишлитe нaм oтcкaниpoвaннoe зaявлeниe, пpиcлaл, cpaзy нaпиcaли  нaxep нaм  вaшe oтcкaниpoвaннoe, дaвaйтe нaм пиcьмeнный opигинaл oпять дypят нaм гoлoвы :-))

These two clearly state that they are NOT happy with the current situation. One will wait till 10th and the other, besides the fact that he already wrote to the russian FTC, tried to request a refund and got send to beat the bush a bit.

I understand that you are trying to defend the company, but the current situation is this... The company is late with delivery and postponed numerous times. All this from russians, who bought from the russian company and not directly from China.

If you bothered to read all the posts in that forum, you'll see that they WERE quite late. And those customers were also compensated with double their ordered hash rate and were happy.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:42:34 PM

Black Arrow who are/were affiliated with this company (and I have spam in my inbox to prove it) used promised compensation to string customers along.

Have they actually delivered the consumer version of their miner to anybody or are they just populating their data centre using customer funds?

Also what's Alexey Andreev's relationship with XBTec?
chitolsp

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:43:03 PM

this is SCAM right?
btmtb

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:05:20 PM

this is SCAM right?
I'm still waiting for a satisfactory explanation from the data-theft situation at the start of this thing.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 10:10:21 PM

This company's rating has been updated in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

[This message won't be monitored, discuss your concerns in the thread.]

Gologuzan

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:43:04 PM

one upon a time....
but this is not a fairytale.
i had couple btc extra and decided to try this company. especially bitmain started with shipping fees. 
so i have contacted this company  here, and we moved to skype. after all aspects of deal were clear and known to each other, i have sent btc directly to a company. i know that that is not a brightest thing to do ( yours truly was one of avalonshenzen customers), but i have sent btc anyway. and after couple days i have got trasking number and after that unit came in my possession.

let me remind you that this is 20 kilos of mining equipment. watch your back.
when i have took package from UPS, i noticed some sounds of loosen parts inside. so i decided first to open up unit and check everything.
i have opened package and notices that someone (UPS) dropped my miner on one corner. force was so intense that one of the corners was almost  totally bent.

there was no any bigger dmg on the outside of a miner. so i started with unscrewing the top lid to see what  happened in the inside.
under the lid there is specially designed metal bar that holds hashing boards in place. but even with that and top lid that is been held with 12 screws, some boards popped out from place.

and rPi got disconnected from backplane. and some capacitors were ripped from hash boards.
reconnected rPi and took out those damaged boards. there were 2in total.

so finally i was getting ready to fire up pacific 1250 for a first time.

when i connected it to a power grid, it started running. there is no on/off switch. those 3 switches that you have at PSU unit are just for fans speed. when  they are at 0 position, fans are working on half speed. and on I position they are on full speed.

so now i had to set up miner.

setting up things from browser was easy, but that was not enough. i managed to change pool. and that is it.
so after that i went to putty and changed informations there. after 10 mins of putty i have managed to make V1 to start hashing.
mostly because i have no prior knowledge of linux.

after fixing those hash boards, miner is working on average on 1.35tera.

miner as it is, is solid build and it is working.

i have first went to browser and added my pool,and after that deleted prev one.
next
vent to putty and there checked if my pool is active, then checked miner network configuration, and checked gateway.

putty files that you need to CHECK are
http://prntscr.com/50p4up but once again all of them you need to check, and some you need to change.

but the best part of purchase is tech support.

one of techs was with me all the time while i was opening it,
and before that hey were online almost 24/7 to help me with  customs duties and papers.

so for me one good company with good quality products.

anyway i am ordering 2xV2 units now. and i will send my money in front again.

i am not telling that you should do that with your money.
i am just telling that if you wana buy some good quality gear with some quality support, this company is good spot.

like bitmain before shipping fiasco,
and best tech support there is. they have to sleep, but they have not missed to replay even one of my messages. instantly or when they get online.

and for me good support is equally important as good product.

i am here for any questions that you might have.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 01:39:20 AM

under the lid there is specially designed metal bar that holds hashing boards in place. but even with that and top lid that is been held with 12 screws, some boards popped out from place.

Its a known problem and was fixed in V2, when I sent my V1 out I had to put foam wedges either side of the modules to make sure they couldn't shift laterally in their slots and break through the end of the plastic slot.

XBTec (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 08:27:34 AM

It was a painful experience.
Now, to protect equipment from the damage during shipping we put the protective foamed film.
Our friend's factory made customized cartoon boxes with protective soft material inside.

Its measures will definitely prevent shipments from the damages

\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////
❖XBTec❖1,25Ths ASIC Manufacturer❖Seeking Resellers❖
///////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:21:18 AM

So XBTec shipped product in a reasonable time frame as per the agreed upon price?

I would tend to believe that Black Arrow did in fact sell my e-mail as a potential future mining hardware buyer to XBTec. Good work on distancing yourself from that scam company and actually delivering hardware guys.

This of course assumes that you guys aren't secretly BA trying to re-build a reputable company to pull off their next big scam. I'll give you the benifit of the doubt however.  Grin
bradli

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:53:52 PM

For me they are correct. If I have any questions and problems they always respond and help.
Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:28:13 AM

So XBTec shipped product in a reasonable time frame as per the agreed upon price?

I would tend to believe that Black Arrow did in fact sell my e-mail as a potential future mining hardware buyer to XBTec. Good work on distancing yourself from that scam company and actually delivering hardware guys.

This of course assumes that you guys aren't secretly BA trying to re-build a reputable company to pull off their next big scam. I'll give you the benifit of the doubt however.  Grin

The could post who the officers and investors of this company are.

I've asked for that info and nada.

something is odd about that whole data theft, transfer or whatever people want to call it.

somehow it seems they got their hands on BA's customer database.

Black Arrow says it was stolen.   

what does Xbtec have to say about how they acquired that information?
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 02:21:57 AM

XBTec says Blackarrow sold it, which I believe seeing as there has been zero legal action and Blackarrow was in dire need of money. IIRC minersource said it was stolen, not Blackarrow?

Pentax

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:34:12 AM

XBTec says Blackarrow sold it, which I believe seeing as there has been zero legal action and Blackarrow was in dire need of money. IIRC minersource said it was stolen, not Blackarrow?

nope.  Blackarrow claims to have filed a police report. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294197.msg8731367#msg8731367

"We have reported them to Shenzhen police. We did not had time to go to Hong Kong to report them yet, but we will."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294197.msg8731830#msg8731830

this ^^^ post purports to show an online complaint being filed with the Hong Kong police.

seeing as I believe nothing Black Arrow says at this point I'd like to know what Xbtec's version of this is. 
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:43:37 AM

Seeing that they actually deliver product spam from XBTec is the least of my worries.

As for Black Arrow I would like to see a refund or, my miner delivered ($5k worth) or, the company shuttered. It's unacceptable that they remain in business after committing fraud on such a large scale.
Pentax

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:21:27 AM

Seeing that they actually deliver product spam from XBTec is the least of my worries.

As for Black Arrow I would like to see a refund or, my miner delivered ($5k worth) or, the company shuttered. It's unacceptable that they remain in business after committing fraud on such a large scale.

One is supposedly accusing the other of theft, but doesn't seem all that concerned about it, really.

The other is supposedly being accused of theft, but doesn't seem all that concerned about it, really.

I find that more than a little strange on both ends of that equation.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 03:25:24 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 03:37:47 AM by dogie

One is supposedly accusing the other of theft, but doesn't seem all that concerned about it, really.

The other is supposedly being accused of theft, but doesn't seem all that concerned about it, really.

I find that more than a little strange on both ends of that equation.

XBTec wholeheartedly denied it at the time, said they bought it etc etc. It might be in this or the scam accusation thread but I don't have time to dig.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: