Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:26:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin will not go past $1000  (Read 3131 times)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:09:08 AM

According to Petko Draganov bitcoin isnt worth paying attention to unless it is doing 200 billion a day in volume. Assuming bitcoin will be worth paying attention to the market cap will have to be well into the trillions to support that.

all this is telling me is that Petko Draganov is a buyer at 300,000$ bitcoin

Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:19:16 AM

According to Petko Draganov bitcoin isnt worth paying attention to unless it is doing 200 billion a day in volume. Assuming bitcoin will be worth paying attention to the market cap will have to be well into the trillions to support that.

i'm all for weighing both sides of the situation here. but who the hell is Petko Draganov, and why would i possibly care what his position is? he some sort of economist?  Smiley
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:56:14 AM

Bitcoin value is easy enough to model. Magnitude just boils down to assumptions:

http://honestnode.com/bitcoin-fair-value-a-first-assessment/

Edit: tl;dr: $27,381 / BTC on relatively conservative success-case assumptions.
Fair value today depends on your analysis of the reasonability of those assumptions, and your estimation of the probability that the success case will happen.

And a discount for when it will happen.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
atc1

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:05:10 AM

i'm all for weighing both sides of the situation here. but who the hell is Petko Draganov, and why would i possibly care what his position is? he some sort of economist?  Smiley

Lol,this question right here. Who is he and what experience does he have? Also,it's a wonder that BTC is at what levels it is today. It's come very far in a very short time. As long as there is more adoption,and there are speculators in the market,it's value will keep going up and down. So,yeah...

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: