Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:49:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitClockers pool thread for newbies  (Read 2364 times)
backburn (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 09:57:17 PM

BitClockers.com Mining Pool] 1% Fee/Secure/API/US+EU/InstaPay/Live Support

BitClockers.com is a Bitcoin mining pool and overclocking community.  As you may already know, overclocking your graphics cards can boost performance in games. Similarly, overclocking will also allow you to mine more Bitcoins than anyone else with the same videocard; especially when done properly. Fortunately, the folks here at BitClockers.com are willing to help get you started. We have forums and live chat where fellow users and admins are available to help with any questions you might have. If we don't have a feature you want, let us know! We're actively developing our services every day.

BitClockers.com Features:

• We take account security seriously; that is why we are the first and only pool to provide Google Authenticator 2-Factor authentication FREE!
  • We provide LIVE statistics, graphs, and API data; get the latest data for your miners every page load!
  • FREE Video Card Overclocking Guides and Step by Step Guides for Miner Setup and Optimization on the clean and friendly BitClockers.com Forums.
  • Get help the second you need it; BitClockers provides instant Live Chat support!
  • Worker Watchdog - you can be notified by email if any of your miners pass preset limits. Such as: hash rate, rejected shares, and last seen.
  • We support the latest in mining pool tech; including Long Polling(+LP) for reduced stale shares and increased efficiency.
  • Both easy and fair, we offer proportional payment.  payout = user_shares / total_block_shares * 49.5
  • A low 1% service fee is charged for providing the best support and server uptimes in the industry.
  • Truly Instant Payouts; Get your BTC when you need it! No wait times, no transaction fees, and best of all we pay the TX fee to get your BTC to you even FASTER!
  • JSON format API for pool, account, and worker status information.
  • Live pool and account status signature images.
  • Multiple datacenters for speed and redundancy. Servers in Denver & Chicago, USA
  • BitClockers.com is fully encrypted and signed with a registered SSL Certficate for privacy and enhanced account security.
  • Friendly and active IRC channel with Live pool and worker statistics. chat.freenode.net: #bitclockers

Getting Started with Bitclockers.com:
1. Register an account with Bitclockers.com and setup worker accounts on the Dashboard. You can use the same worker username/password for multiple miners.
2. Join your miner to the pool; the hostname is pool.bitclockers.com the port is 8332 and the username and password is that of the worker you created BitClockers.com.
   - We recommend installing GUIMiner by kiv for those that are new to mining.
      Command line: none needed. You can find a complete step-by-step guide for Installing GUIMiner and joining the pool.
   - We also recommend Phoenix Miner by jedi95 for advanced users.
      Command line: phoenix.exe -u http://WORKERNAME:WORKERPASS@pool.bitclockers.com:8332/ -k poclbm DEVICE=0 -v
   - For advanced users:
      1. Download Phoenix Miner and unpack somewhere.
      2. Download this batch file and place it in the same directory as phoenix.exe.
      3. Right click the StartGPU0.bat and click EDIT.
      4. Change WORKERNAME and WORKERPASS. Close, save, and double click startgpu0.bat to start mining.
3. You're done! Check out the pool Statistics to see how the pool is doing or visit your Dashboard to see your personal miner status.

For Support:
  • For live support visit our IRC channel. chat.freenode.net: #bitclockers
  • For general questions, guides, and community information visit the BitClockers.com Mining Pool Forums
  • For private and all other inquiries contact: admin  (@t) bitclockers.com

BITCOIN  RESOURCES
_______________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________

HOWTO  : OVERCLOCKING YOUR GRAPHICS CARD
MISC  : SHOW US YAR MINIG RIG
HOWTO  : START MINING
SUPPORT  : LIVE CHAT
METRICS  : DASHBOARD
_______________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
V2-V3

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 12:38:34 AM

Thanks for posting this up BackBurn!
V2-V3

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 08:49:52 AM

UPDATE:
API is now backwards compatible with old website, minerstatus app should work again

Enjoy!
bitsforcoins.com
Donator

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 04:03:11 PM

Thanks, that's a pretty extensive list of features.

Bits For Coins . com - hosting services for the Bitcoin community
Quality Bitcoin Dedicated Servers
edalbkrad

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 01:44:56 AM

your logo is similar to ocn. are you guys members of overclock.net?
V2-V3

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 01:43:09 AM

Thanks, that's a pretty extensive list of features.

You are welcome!

your logo is similar to ocn. are you guys members of overclock.net?

I am on OCN as V2-V3
V2-V3

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 01:45:08 AM

Updates have been made to the forums support section, Pool Feature development thread added to better track features and their progress.

have a good idea? want to contribute to BitClockers.com?
Check out the Pool Development Thread
http://bitclockers.com/forums/index.php?topic=481.0
V2-V3

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 09:43:31 AM

To help get you started mining your bitcoins as fast as possible BitClockers has created 3 easy video guides on how to mine and be rewarded BitCoins for running a mining client as well as joining the BitClockers.com mining pool

NEW BITCOIN VIDEO GUIDES :

#1 How to create a pool account, Worker, and get rewarded for mining!
http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Lx1Pnq3MiU

#2 How to install and configure  GUIMiner for windows
http://www.youtube.com/embed/nrhuZwJW560

#3 How to Install a Bitcoin Wallet
http://www.youtube.com/embed/JFpIWelvqjA

For aditional help please refer to the Getting Started topic in the support section
http://bitclockers.com/forums/index.php?topic=3.0

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 09:45:29 AM

caution for teh nubz.

Neighbourhood Pool Watch 1: No-one should mine at Bitclockers is the first in a new installment of blogs from me that have nothing to do with strategic mining - er pool hopping, and everything to do with ensuring miners are safe from dishonest pool operators and cowboys.

The first to be covered is Bitclockers.com

I gave Bitclockers.com an opportunity to explain themselves on the bitclockers.com thread with no answer to my concerns. So I've decided to post what I know about how they are underpaying their fulltime miners.

From the post:
if Bitclockers.com are reporting block solve times accurately, they are underpaying their miners by about 21%. Since they have claimed they actually are reporting round lengths correctly, the only conclusion we can draw is that fulltime miners at Bitclockers.com are receiving only 79% of what they should be paid. Who's to know how long they have been doing this?

and
So here's my first rule in choosing a mining pool:

organofcorti's first rule of Bitcoin mining : Do not mine at a pool that publishes false statistics.

A corollary of this is:

Do not mine at Bitclockers.com until they disclose their actual records.

spartan442

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 08:43:11 PM

I mined here for a little while, but I decided to go to a pool that prevents pool hopping. As I looked at the statistics of each new block a huge influx of miners would come in for a couple of hours, and then disappear leaving the rest of us mining the entire time, but a large percentage going to those with large hash rates that just stay long enough to maximize their profits. I don't necessarily think there is anything wrong with the hoppers, but I just prefer not to mine at a pool that allows it to happen.
V2-V3

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 08:50:21 AM

I mined here for a little while, but I decided to go to a pool that prevents pool hopping. As I looked at the statistics of each new block a huge influx of miners would come in for a couple of hours, and then disappear leaving the rest of us mining the entire time, but a large percentage going to those with large hash rates that just stay long enough to maximize their profits. I don't necessarily think there is anything wrong with the hoppers, but I just prefer not to mine at a pool that allows it to happen.

Spartan,

Bitclockers does its best to protect its users, to protect the pool from hoppers bitclockers uses anti hopper protections to mitigate hoppers thieving from other miners in the pool.

With the Hopping bonus mitigated Hoppers are paid 100% for the shares they mined. NON-Hoppers are not effected and payouts remain 100% of shares mined.
V2-V3

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 08:59:21 AM

Spartan,

Bitclockers does its best to protect its users, to protect the pool from hoppers bitclockers uses anti hopper protections to mitigate hoppers thieving from other miners in the pool.

When will you return the stolen coins? A1 just got a scammer tag for not paying out shares:( 

With the Hopping bonus mitigated Hoppers are paid 100% for the shares they mined. NON-Hoppers are not effected and payouts remain 100% of shares mined.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2012, 09:04:20 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2012, 09:48:18 AM by organofcorti

Spartan,

When will you return the stolen coins? A1 just got a scammer tag for not paying out shares:(  

No miners  - fulltime or otherwise - are paid enough at your pool. Details here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66026.0
Neighbourhood Pool Watch 1: No-one should mine at Bitclockers

I'm quite happy to answer any questions Bitclockers.com miners might have since the pool ops won't respond.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: