Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:04:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quantitative Easing  (Read 6645 times)
blackhathasher (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

My Precious!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:21:35 AM

Quantitative Easing is to Inflation as Non-Consensual Sexual Intercourse is to Rape! Either way you're getting fucked.

https://twitter.com/CoinMobs/statuses/471474742898094080

@ObieShawnKenobi | Tennessee Bitcoin Alliance | I accept tips - BTC: 1BLackHAtGEKmcioF8pA88XPbEkBf8Hf12
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onlyu

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:38:37 AM

The printing money post is getting old.

Just about everyone not living in cave already know it.
blackhathasher (OP)

My Precious!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:41:54 AM

then i suppose that means that 299 Million Americans are living in caves!

@ObieShawnKenobi | Tennessee Bitcoin Alliance | I accept tips - BTC: 1BLackHAtGEKmcioF8pA88XPbEkBf8Hf12
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:39:53 AM

I want it shouted from the heavens. These bastards are stealing a generation of wealth. One of the biggest crimes in human history.

onlyu

Activity: 165

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:23:00 AM

You really think American are stupid?

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:24:40 AM

Because other countries aren't doing the same?  Roll Eyes

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:39:24 AM

QE save not only the American economy, but probably also the world economy. Without it, probably the euro would have ended.
And since didn't provoke inflation, all considerations about its negative consequences didn't materialize (at least, yet).

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:56:05 AM

QE save not only the American economy, but probably also the world economy. Without it, probably the euro would have ended.
And since didn't provoke inflation, all considerations about its negative consequences didn't materialize (at least, yet).

So you are okay with bureaucrats  devaluing your money? QE steals purchasing power from people and lowers their standard of living. The Euro should have ended before it started. If it needs QE to prop it up it is a fundamentally flawed currency that is destined to fail. 

Trading
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:21:47 AM

I would agree that QE can create problems, if done to solve budget deficits, as in many countries. But it was used as part of monetary policy to take the economy out of recession and it was partly successful. Besides, since it didn't create inflation, there was no devaluation of the money.

The euro is still a currency with an uncertain future, but if one day it ends, it will be an economic tragedy to the world, not only to Europe.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
neofelis

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:51:15 AM

Unless you believe that inflation is the increase in the money supply. In that case, it absolutely is causing inflation because it IS inflation. The fact that you have not seen prices rise just means they haven't risen enough to get your attention. But they WILL rise.  It is inevitable.

THAT is what is so insidious about the theft of purchasing power through inflation.  Even when people recognize it, they don't ascribe it to the government's monetary policy.

The stock market turn around and increase was greatly caused by inflating the money supply. If your 401K is doing well, it's NOT REAL. When the fed stops making money, there WILL be a correction. It will come with the market falling or prices rising. Either way, we all loose.

I'm putting as much spare money as I can into crypto, mostly bitcoin. It is fast becoming a store of value better than gold.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:55:10 AM

Unless you believe that inflation is the increase in the money supply. In that case, it absolutely is causing inflation because it IS inflation. The fact that you have not seen prices rise just means they haven't risen enough to get your attention. But they WILL rise.  It is inevitable.

THAT is what is so insidious about the theft of purchasing power through inflation.  Even when people recognize it, they don't ascribe it to the government's monetary policy.

The stock market turn around and increase was greatly caused by inflating the money supply. If your 401K is doing well, it's NOT REAL. When the fed stops making money, there WILL be a correction. It will come with the market falling or prices rising. Either way, we all loose.

I'm putting as much spare money as I can into crypto, mostly bitcoin. It is fast becoming a store of value better than gold.

I also want to point out that in the US, if you actually pay attention you'll see the price effects. Take the items you buy on a regular basis, foods and non-foods, and create a spreadsheet of their cost. Every couple weeks update that with the latest costs and you'll start to see differences.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:03:52 AM

On what metric has the US economy been saved?

QE is just a wealth transfer with an innocuous sounding name.

It is a way to cover the trillions in losses hidden on banking balance sheets.

It is a way to take money from responsible savers and pass it to an irresponsible upper class

It is a way to reinflate 'feel good' stock and RE bubbles so the middle classes don't revolt.

It is a way for banks to use free money to increase their risk taking and leverage, safe in the knowledge that not one person has gone to jail for their role in the great recession (despite the billions in fines and obvious criminal acts that stole from regular people the world over).

When the Justice Dept admits it would rather settle for fines than go for a prosecution you realise its turning into soft fascism, and that is a horrible thing to write.
dadugan

Activity: 179

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:36:58 AM

Need to be careful to balance the trade off between long term and short term.

Pushing the problems down the road is not an ideal solution.
wenben

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:01:20 AM

When dollar goes away, there will be another phoenix rise from the ashes.
twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:48:30 PM

Not ideal but what choice did we have?  Let the Great Depression 2 happen?
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:10:12 PM

Not ideal but what choice did we have?  Let the Great Depression 2 happen?

Great depression 1 or 2 would not be an issue with sound currency. The currency is the problem and propping it up only kicks the can down the road. It is a predatory system. If it gives us sound currency I would be more than willing to suffer through another depression.

waldox

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:44:04 PM

the only thing holding up the massive printing is the oil around the world using usdollar and the countries using usdollar as their currency
once that support goes away you will see hyper inflation

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:03:54 PM

Inflation is sustained and general rise of prices, not an increase of the monetary mass. There was no inflation. If you want to put in question the official numbers on inflation on a scale that show there was big inflation you will have the burden of showing evidence.

Anyway, since the banking money, created thanks to fractional lending, was limited because of the credit crunch, probably the global monetary mass didn't increase. If there was an increase there would be big inflation.

It's so easy to criticize someone that saved us from a very serious depression, claiming that there wouldn't be any depression, yada, yada; they did the same against Roosevelt's New Deal in the thirties.

blackhathasher (OP)

My Precious!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 06:12:55 PM

Inflation is sustained and general rise of prices, not an increase of the monetary mass. There was no inflation. If you want to put in question the official numbers on inflation on a scale that show there was big inflation you will have the burden of showing evidence.

Anyway, since the banking money, created thanks to fractional lending, was limited because of the credit crunch, probably the global monetary mass didn't increase. If there was an increase there would be big inflation.

It's so easy to criticize someone that saved us from a very serious depression, claiming that there wouldn't be any depression, yada, yada; they did the same against Roosevelt's New Deal in the thirties.

i think everything in this post is categorically wrong.

Trading
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:28:58 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 09:53:26 PM by Trading

Without justification or evidence, anyone can write all the opinions he has and it will be hard to prove him wrong.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: