Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:04:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets make a deal - CLOSED  (Read 2221 times)
BTC guy (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 04:38:44 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2012, 12:11:01 PM by BTC guy

I have some BTC thats just sitting around doing nothing. I figured i might take a stab at lending. If anybody needs a loan hit me up. I will not loan to anybody with no rep. If you cant tell me about yourself or the loan i will not loan you any money. Im sure i will get burned repeatedly so i expect a nice return on my successful loans. I will not make loans for a 10% return. If interested PM me.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 04:46:41 PM

Loan sharking Lending to friends with Bitcoin? I gotta tell uncle Vinnie about this.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
BTC guy (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 05:03:26 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2012, 10:36:10 PM by BTC guy

Yes. Its risky but I see potential. You get what you want. I earn a few extra coins. We both establish new connects.

runlinux

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 11:53:37 PM

PM Sent

film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 12:06:54 PM

I also want to get into the lending business as well.I have more than 450+ posts on here so that should say something about rep.I wish to gain more rep by starting trades/loans though.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 02:30:14 PM

At some point you have to just jump in and make a loan when you see a post from someone that looks like they might pay you back - that is what everyone else did.  Do what you can to protect yourself, make small loans to start, etc.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 03:28:51 PM

At some point you have to just jump in and make a loan when you see a post from someone that looks like they might pay you back - that is what everyone else did.  Do what you can to protect yourself, make small loans to start, etc.
Good advice. :-)

dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 06:11:15 PM

ok i am intrested in a loan i have already sent pms to BurtWagner znort and goat i am basically looking for a 360 btc loan for 4 months time or less this loan is to buy 7 gs of new hardware the reason i am asking for the loan for 4 months is i dont want to short myself and say i can payback alot sooner then i can i currently mine at 5.2 gh so it would take appromitly 4 months to pay back just on my own hasrate not including the new hasrate id be willing to pay 10-15  btc interest or 110-115 every 32 days if not more as long as everything goes smooth with the new hardware plz let me know if this is somehting you would be intrested in

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
red123

Activity: 244

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 06:30:24 PM

ok i am intrested in a loan i have already sent pms to BurtWagner znort and goat i am basically looking for a 360 btc loan for 4 months time or less this loan is to buy 7 gs of new hardware the reason i am asking for the loan for 4 months is i dont want to short myself and say i can payback alot sooner then i can i currently mine at 5.2 gh so it would take appromitly 4 months to pay back just on my own hasrate not including the new hasrate id be willing to pay 10-15  btc interest or 110-115 every 32 days if not more as long as everything goes smooth with the new hardware plz let me know if this is somehting you would be intrested in

lol

I wouldn't recommend this one for your first loan. Is there even a period anywhere in all of that?
dmcurser

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 06:34:19 PM

well as i already have a few bigger loans paid back already and also a few big purchase cleared on here i would ask why you dont recommend. sorry if its bc of my grammer im not an english professor. 

red123

Activity: 244

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 06:35:13 PM

well as i already have a few bigger loans paid back already and also a few big purchase cleared on here i would ask why you dont recommend. sorry if its bc of my grammer im not an english professor. 

I'm just messing with you, I really stated that mainly because that is a pretty big first loan.
BTC guy (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 06:45:44 PM

Im starting to think lending might not be worth it. Most people only want to give you a 5 or 10% return. Tons of people want to scam you. And if somebody does burn you there is very little or nothing you can do about it.

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 06:48:06 PM

Im starting to think lending might not be worth it. Most people only want to give you a 5 or 10% return. Tons of people want to scam you. And if somebody does burn you there is very little or nothing you can do about it.

10% monthly return is an awesome rate.  Try and find that anywhere in today's society outside of bitcoin and you'll be looking for a long time unless you are a credit card company.   If you're worried about scammers, use heatware and -otc.  Obviously they can't be the sole decision factor, but those help to weed out a lot of the crap.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
BTC guy (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 06:54:27 PM

I disagree. Especially when you factor in the risk and the loss. Even if somebody has good rep they can flip like a switch if given the opportunity to burn big.

dmcurser

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 06:59:22 PM

why would a know trustworthy forum member want to just ruin his credablity like that hed be labled scammer and such  by forum mods

nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 07:03:23 PM

If your interest rate is too high, the number of honest people interested will be almost 0. Think about it: someone doesn't have the money right now, but you expect them to have the money plus 20/30% a few weeks from now? That doesn't make sense. People who want loans typically don't have an easy way to make money, that's why they are asking for a loan in the first place. Select your customers and find out why they don't have the money and how are they going to be able to pay you back.
Then you must look up that person and see what he has to lose if he doesn't pay you back. For example, an -otc account with lots of ratings is worth a lot in my opinion. Most people will not risk that for a few bitcoins.

It's always risky, but if your fees are high you will only attract scammers.
BTC guy (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 07:03:27 PM

why would a know trustworthy forum member want to just ruin his credablity like that hed be labled scammer and such  by forum mods

Greed. No consequences.

copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 07:04:39 PM

I disagree. Especially when you factor in the risk and the loss. Even if somebody has good rep they can flip like a switch if given the opportunity to burn big.

It's worked very well for some of us. You must be careful, but I have yet to have a loan default, and I don't even ask for ID in 99% of cases. Now I lend most of my coins to pirateat40, but before that I was a fairly active small-time lender too, and made decent money on that.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 07:08:58 PM

Greed. No consequences.

That's the whole point of a reputation though. The consequences are losing the reputation that you've spent months building by posting meaningful and insightful posts on the internet and talking to real people about real things. If I've built a lot of good relationships with people on the forum and IRC, losing those is the consequence of me fucking you (or anyone else) over. For someone with 10 posts on the forum asking for a loan, I agree there isn't much to lose. But if someone "established" borrows 10 btc from you, chances are they're not going to throw away the past months/years of built-up internet reputation (and the added identifiability for legal purposes that brings with it) over the equivalent of $60. If it's 10,000 btc, I'd start being more careful, but I'd hope the loan sizes that get thrown around on this forum would be way below most people's "fuck you" threshold.
BTC guy (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 07:36:29 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2012, 08:20:56 PM by BTC guy

If you can find trustworthy people to work with 10% is better than nothing. I just have doubts the profits will outweigh the losses at that rate. If you make loans for 50 coins at 10% your looking at 5 coins profit. If you get burned just 1 time you will need 10 successful loans just to break even for that 1 loss. Thats a terrible deal. For some people their rep means everything to them. But for other people they will throw it away for a price. Its hard to pick the winners from the losers. For 10% i can find better things to do.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: