Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:36:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe that Satoshi Nakamoto is James A. Donald?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Debunked] Definitive proof that Satoshi Nakamoto is James A. Donald.  (Read 7084 times)
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:51:17 PM

OR... it was text snippet Satoshi already had prepared a while before because he was already anticipating questions like those.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:55:18 PM

I've just checked the mail archive at metzdowd.com (http://www.metzdowd.com/pipermail/cryptography/).
The timestamps there are the same as the ones shown in the mit.edu archive. Looks like the mail-archive.com timestamps are bogus.

Just forget it. These timestamps don't prove anything, as they are not the times from original mails.
Of course this does not prove the opposite either, but I don't think that the search for truth works by conjuring up arbitrary assertions and then asking for negative proof.

Onkel Paul

_smudger_

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:05:17 PM

I'm 99% sure it's Nick Szabo

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:06:27 PM

I've just checked the mail archive at metzdowd.com (http://www.metzdowd.com/pipermail/cryptography/).
The timestamps there are the same as the ones shown in the mit.edu archive. Looks like the mail-archive.com timestamps are bogus.

Just forget it. These timestamps don't prove anything, as they are not the times from original mails.
Of course this does not prove the opposite either, but I don't think that the search for truth works by conjuring up arbitrary assertions and then asking for negative proof.

Onkel Paul
Perhaps you are Satoshi since you are very much against us making progress on his identity.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:14:34 PM

Perhaps you are Satoshi since you are very much against us making progress on his identity.

Well I'm Satoshi just as James A. Donald is Satoshi. Aren't we all Satoshi in a sense?  Cool

Seriously, since when is stopping folks who are on the wrong track hindering their progress?
There are many more reasonable assumptions about Satoshi's identity than this mail exchange with obviously bogus timestamps that weren't even in the original mails but most likely generated in some later mail system.

Onkel Paul

kokoarm

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:18:02 PM

If they were one in the same I'm sure James would have waited a reasonable amount of time before posting the reply to himself.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:25:26 PM

Does it really matter who Satoshi is?

Does it really matter which teacher at a school is sexually abusing their pre-teen students that your child doesn't attend?

This response is yet another reason I hate people.

LETS use yet another pedo exampe to prove my point and... my example has nothing to do with my point at all..!!! What are you CNN?
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:40:08 PM

I agree with those who said that timestamps are not any proof.

There is something funny in those searchings for Satoshi.
He proved to me that even in the world of computers, Internet and clever people you can stay anonymous if you just know how to do it.

I wish we will never find out who Satoshi is. Tesla should stay anonymous too.

Satoshi! I know that you are reading your forum! It is just something more obvious than a sun on the sky.
I want to thank you one more time for creating a Bitcoin!

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:44:15 PM

Does it really matter who Satoshi is?

Does it really matter which teacher at a school is sexually abusing their pre-teen students that your child doesn't attend?

I'm sensing a lack of awareness of proper analogies here.   Roll Eyes

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
BlockStreet

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:46:56 PM

Satoshi is an Aussie

Satoshi is a white male, whom likes anime and Manga.

Prove me wrong

Exactly.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:24:46 PM

I'm 99% sure it's Nick Szabo
Yeah, but who is Nick Szabo? Has anyone ever seen a picture of him?
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:37:29 PM

I just found something interesing (as interesting as this thread..Tongue )

looks like a son of:

Smiley so maybe Shinichi Mochizuki is real father of a Bitcoin.
And his real father was Satoshi Nakamoto Smiley and maybe there were problems in his family and he have to give back his son to another family and after all those years his son figured out that he love his real father so he name himself as a "Satoshi Nakamoto" to respect his real father name Wink

Huehue. Conspiracy.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:41:12 PM

I just found something interesing (as interesting as this thread..Tongue )

looks like a son of:

Smiley so maybe Shinichi Mochizuki is real father of a Bitcoin.
And his real father was Satoshi Nakamoto Smiley and maybe there were problems in his family and he have to give back his son to another family and after all those years his son figured out that he love his real father so he name himself as a "Satoshi Nakamoto" to respect his real father name Wink

Huehue. Conspiracy.

Roslinpl. Me + you = making a movie. NOW. Let's get this script drafted before someone else steals it. This is going to be a better love story than Twilight!

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Exergy

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:35:49 PM

Even if the timestamps are accurate, that question almost appears planted to give the opportunity to lend further credence to the idea in the form of "dialogue".

Still, it's all redundant if J Donald is another alias.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:08:38 PM

Well spotted, although could it be due to a regional daylight savings time difference which changes around Oct/Nov and the timespan 1:00:42?

Exactly 42 seconds. No added minute.

17:56:27 - 17:55:45 = :42

That's my timestamp, and I'm sticking to it.
If you plan your whole argument on this, look closer:

Timezone -08:00
http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography%40metzdowd.com/msg09959.html

Timezone -07:00
http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography%40metzdowd.com/msg09964.html

Why did Satoshi jump a timezone during the weekend?

Furthermore, why is James A. Donald wasting his time posting about racial violence and useless math trivia, up to Oct 2013, and doesn't participate in Bitcoin?
http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=cryptography@metzdowd.com&q=from:%22James+A.+Donald%22
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:James_A._Donald
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:16:16 PM

^^ Nice debunking mate.

Seriously though Phinnaeus, you have been doing some thorough detective work recently, and you have uncovered some apparent links between some people that seem to have questionable motives. However many of your links are circumstantial at best,  and your "paedo angle" comments are starting to make you sound like the Daily Mail.

You are approaching this case like a conspiracy theorist, when you should be looking at it like a scientist. A conspiracy theorist thinks of a hypothesis, then tries to find anything that proves his claims. A scientist thinks of a hypothesis, then tries to find anything that disproves his claims. Concentrate more on disproving your hypotheses, and you will be closer to the truth IMO.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:20:33 PM

^^ Nice debunking mate.

Seriously though Phinnaeus, you have been doing some thorough detective work recently, and you have uncovered some apparent links between some people that seem to have questionable motives. However many of your links are circumstantial at best,  and your "paedo angle" comments are starting to make you sound like the Daily Mail.

You are approaching this case like a conspiracy theorist, when you should be looking at it like a scientist. A conspiracy theorist thinks of a hypothesis, then tries to find anything that proves his claims. A scientist thinks of a hypothesis, then tries to find anything that disproves his claims. Concentrate more on disproving your hypotheses, and you will be closer to the truth IMO.

You, my friend, are absolutely correct. I always find it hard to take any "proof" around the forums as being real when everyone tries to fit everything into their mold to show things. People throw around identities all day long and then try to find others that they can mold to fit what they're looking for. Innocent people are being brought into the middle of it as a result.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 09:00:45 PM

In my opinion even Phinnaeus Gage don't really believe that James A. Donald is Satoshi indeed Smiley

But his target to make controversy thread is success Smiley
maok

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:40:52 PM

Therefore the correct timestamps are: Sun Nov 2 18:46:23 EST 2008 and Sun Nov 2 20:37:43 EST 2008

The main question is when will Satoshi spend/donate his million BTC ? He advised us to be careful with our wallets so that we don't waste the bitcoins which will be forever lost if we're not careful so hopefully he has a plan of introducing those dormant coins into ecosystem before they are lost forever.

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
buffalodoge

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:46:40 PM

^^ Nice debunking mate.

This was fun, but I read some of James A. Donald's blog and I hope to god he isn't the creator of Bitcoin. Seems that for years, the dude has been drowning in butthurt about "COMMUNIST INFILTRATION OF WIKIPEDIA", the scourge of anti-white racism, et cetera...lol wut?

Come back to us, PG!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=628000

For the record, I will do everything in my power to try and debunk my own or PG's theories - it just hasn't worked out yet.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: