Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:16:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite political figure?  (Read 4103 times)
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:03:24 PM

Mine would be Napoleon Bonaparte! He was a great French emperor who was loved by a lot of his subjects. When he was exiled by his political foes, he chose to escape captivity and marched a small army to Paris itself! Cheesy And when he was confronted by the enemy (his former) army, he said "If there is one of you who would kill his Emperor, here I am." They instead surrendered to him and joined him to claim France back into his rule. Too bad he was not an economist. He barely ruled for 100 days after his return from exile.
Napoleon Bonaparte was indeed a great man... Besides being a great military leader he has contributed in various different ways.. The way he had reorganized the legal structure of France was revolutionary..

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:07:47 PM

A great person in every way Martin Luther King .... America needs more people like him .
I would like to mention Che Guevara as well - big man and big political person - for those who don't know who he is , I can only say that Cuban Revolution would never happened without him ,

would like to add some quotes by Che :
"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall."

Or my favorite :
"I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man."

Viva la revolucion !
Martin Luther King was indeed a very inspirational figure! It was amazing how he kept fighting for equality for his people while constantly facing death threats, heavy oppression, discrimination and even warnings from the FBI and CIA.
US will not be such a great nation today without him leading the charge for freedom and equality for all races. He definitely not only made US, but the world as a whole a better place as other countries slowly heed his words and follow his example.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:33:42 PM

I think there has been a lack of female political figures in this thread. What about Edith Wilson, President Woodrow Wilson's wife, who secretly ruled as the president of the United States when her husband suffered a stroke!

In 1919, Woodrow Wilson suffered a stroke which left him paralyzed on his left side and in a weakened state. So his wife, was forced to step up to the role of helping him govern.

She was told that Wilson was no longer capable of exercising many of his presidential duties, Edith was given two strict directives by his doctors: if Woodrow was to leave office, it would probably kill him, however, if he was burdened by government affairs, that would also probably kill him

Placed in the position of keeper of the presidency in a time before women were even allowed to vote, Edith kept his weakened state hidden from his staffers and the nation for six weeks. And was left largely in power over a country that will one day become the most powerful nation in the world for 2 years from 1919 to 1921!

Although in her memoirs, Edith claims that she only decided which matters to bring to Woodrow's attention and which could be resolved without him, this is actually a LOT of power. She also fought against having the vice president take office in Woodrow's stead. Many have thus referred to her as the first female president of the United States.

She was also vastly credited to be the driving force behind giving women the rights to vote!

This is because women was granted the rights to vote in 1920 and she secretly took over the role of the president of the US in 1919. Coincidence? I think not.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:44:58 PM

Napoleon Bonaparte was indeed a great man... Besides being a great military leader he has contributed in various different ways.. The way he had reorganized the legal structure of France was revolutionary..

Napoleon Bonaparte was a great military leader, and I have no doubt about it. But it should not be forgotten that he had also made some very stupid mistakes during his lifetime. The attempted invasion of Russia is a prime example.

practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:18:51 PM

How about this man ? :-

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:20:47 PM

How about this man ? :-

Yeah no doubt and he was someone what politcal but not entirely, you can like Malcom X and Martin Luther were game changers

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:24:34 PM

you know, as great as our heroes are.. it's kind of shocking when you find out more about their dark side. ghandi, MLK, and many other figures throughout history have had a seedy point in their life.

though einstein isn't my political figure/hero, he was very political in nature. the people here would hate him though, since he fought for a "world government."
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 08:16:55 PM

Mine is Adolf Hitler, he was an inspiring figure and a one that can act on his dreams. He was a great leader all the way to his death. 
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 10:04:14 PM

I think there has been a lack of female political figures in this thread. What about Edith Wilson, President Woodrow Wilson's wife, who secretly ruled as the president of the United States when her husband suffered a stroke!

In 1919, Woodrow Wilson suffered a stroke which left him paralyzed on his left side and in a weakened state. So his wife, was forced to step up to the role of helping him govern.

She was told that Wilson was no longer capable of exercising many of his presidential duties, Edith was given two strict directives by his doctors: if Woodrow was to leave office, it would probably kill him, however, if he was burdened by government affairs, that would also probably kill him

Placed in the position of keeper of the presidency in a time before women were even allowed to vote, Edith kept his weakened state hidden from his staffers and the nation for six weeks. And was left largely in power over a country that will one day become the most powerful nation in the world for 2 years from 1919 to 1921!

Although in her memoirs, Edith claims that she only decided which matters to bring to Woodrow's attention and which could be resolved without him, this is actually a LOT of power. She also fought against having the vice president take office in Woodrow's stead. Many have thus referred to her as the first female president of the United States.

She was also vastly credited to be the driving force behind giving women the rights to vote!

This is because women was granted the rights to vote in 1920 and she secretly took over the role of the president of the US in 1919. Coincidence? I think not.

Considering Wilson was one of the worst presidents in US history, I wonder how many of his dictatorial policies she was involved in. Was she the one that passed alcohol prohibition? Wilson is the genius who allowed the military industrial complex to take hold of the US.

Though if it weren't for him we wouldn't have Bitcoin. Considering he handed all of the US control of money to the Federal Reserve. Though, who knows, maybe we would have had Bitcoin a lot sooner.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:11:24 PM

What a guy!

Yeah... definitely. The war against Iraq alone cost the American tax payers some $2 trillion (and still counting). One of the worst presidents the United States ever had in its history.  Angry
True but the fix was in to get us into that 'war' again and Kerry getting elected after the putz's first term wouldn't have changed things. He was a fellow Skull and Bones member after all. Anyways, Senator Rand Paul is my favorite political figure as he's been leading the charge of mainstreaming libertarian ideals and growing the republican party base in a more libertarian-populist friendly direction.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:31:37 AM

Mine is Adolf Hitler, he was an inspiring figure and a one that can act on his dreams. He was a great leader all the way to his death. 

Really a man that was mass murder and persecuted many for no good reason? Some say he should have persecuted the gipsies

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:09:18 AM

The person who triggered the WW2 is your hero? Some 60,000,000 people died during the WW2, which was at that time close to 3% of the world's population. All this because Hitler wanted to invade Poland.
fdiini

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:04:44 AM

Napoleon Bonaparte was a great military leader, and I have no doubt about it. But it should not be forgotten that he had also made some very stupid mistakes during his lifetime. The attempted invasion of Russia is a prime example.

Overconfident and arrogant after he defeated to many enemies.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:16:46 AM

Overconfident and arrogant after he defeated to many enemies.

The same can be said about many other military leaders, including Adolf Hitler. He also chose to invade Russia, when the German population was less than 1/4th of that of the USSR.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:47:37 AM

The person who triggered the WW2 is your hero? Some 60,000,000 people died during the WW2, which was at that time close to 3% of the world's population. All this because Hitler wanted to invade Poland.

he's obviously joking around.. either that or he's an aryan german who dreams about the rebirth of the reich.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:24:59 AM

He's obviously joking around.. either that or he's an aryan german who dreams about the rebirth of the reich.

Hmm.... a few days ago, the German Nazi Party (Nationaldemokratische Partei Deutschlands, NPD) won a European parliament seat for the first time ever. Nazis are certainly not dead yet.
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:20:09 PM

Considering Wilson was one of the worst presidents in US history, I wonder how many of his dictatorial policies she was involved in. Was she the one that passed alcohol prohibition? Wilson is the genius who allowed the military industrial complex to take hold of the US.

Though if it weren't for him we wouldn't have Bitcoin. Considering he handed all of the US control of money to the Federal Reserve. Though, who knows, maybe we would have had Bitcoin a lot sooner.
Woodrow Wilson,he was the one that passed alcohol prohibition.
He segregated water fountains because he refused to drink after any black person. he jailed anyone who spoke out against the war (can you imagine bush or obama doing that?) and helped create the fed, something he regretted till the day he died. he wrote about the need to use eugenics on americans to prevent the lower class from breeding. he spoke about breaking up the american family so the government could influence children.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:33:42 PM

Glad to see so many excellent and inspiring political leaders being recognized and recommended in this thread!
I would also like to honor Francis Bacon, an England politician in the late 1500s who served under both Queen Elizabeth I and King James I!
Although his father was a Lord Keeper, he climbed up the political ladder the hard way starting from an MP, to attorney general and eventually Lord Chancellor of England. He was a close adviser to the King and even supported some of the King's very controversial decisions so that he could convince the King to encourage Scientific Development in Britain!
In an era which was still burning witches at the stake, he managed to use his influence in court to encourage scientific endeavors and was widely regarded after his death as the father of the great scientific revolution of the western world.
He remained extremely influential through his works, especially as philosophical advocate and practitioner of the scientific method during the scientific revolution.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:04:25 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 05:56:37 AM by Ron~Popeil

The Roman Emperor Cincinnatus deserves a mention. He was asked to be emperor twice during a times of crisis for Rome and when he had managed the crisis he gave up absolute power, restored the republic and returned to his farm.
The cities of Cincinnati Ohio and Italy are named after him.

jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:45:48 AM

Julius Caesar. Led the Romans all the way. Was huge

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██