Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:44:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Trolling] Malaysian Muslims declare jihad on Cadbury over pork-laced chocolate  (Read 3794 times)
Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:05:51 PM

http://rt.com/news/161980-cadbury-jihad-pork-chocolate/

Malaysian Muslims declare jihad on Cadbury over pork-laced chocolate

Enraged Muslims in Malaysia have called for a holy war or Jihad to be waged on Cadbury after traces of pig DNA were picked up in their chocolates. As a result of the complaint, the company has pulled two of its products from Malaysian shop shelves.

From the comments:

HAHAHA a Jihad on Cadbury!!!! LOL that made my day.

ALLAHU AKBAR!!! DEATH TO THE CHOCOLATES!!! ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 07:08:03 PM

The Chocolate King's product needs to be tested as well Tongue

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:18:19 PM

No one is forcing them to eat Cadbury's. If they don't like Cadbury, then don't consume it. As simple as that. I still remember their boycott of Coca-Cola, replacing it with the Mecca Cola. Any idea what happened to that?

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:20:10 PM

No one is forcing them to eat Cadbury's. If they don't like Cadbury, then don't consume it. As simple as that. I still remember their boycott of Coca-Cola, replacing it with the Mecca Cola. Any idea what happened to that?

Short lived. As will this one be.
Nobody is forcing them to eat/drink these products. They can boycott it for all I care. Just means more chocolate for me  Grin
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:23:38 PM

Maybe this would be more understandable if western Christians were true to their religion.  It is a sin against God, according to the Bible, for Christians to eat shrimp for example. A sin on par with adultery or homosexuality. Now suppose you actually followed God's laws but some company was caught putting shrimp extract into your Easter candy.  
For a believer this risks their holiness and standing with God. It is a serious matter for them.  

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:24:20 PM

We had a similar thread earlier.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527732.0

Especially this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527732.msg6526368#msg6526368
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:30:08 PM

http://islam.stackexchange.com/questions/129/is-it-a-sin-to-consume-pork-without-knowing

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:41:04 PM

Maybe this would be more understandable if western Christians were true to their religion.  It is a sin against God, according to the Bible, for Christians to eat shrimp for example. A sin on par with adultery or homosexuality. Now suppose you actually followed God's laws but some company was caught putting shrimp extract into your Easter candy.  
For a believer this risks their holiness and standing with God. It is a serious matter for them.  

So a simple solution is for them not to eat it... I don't understand the fuss  Huh
Cadbury aren't saying this is a halal certified product.
This product is aimed at the general public and isn't localised to any religious laws. Cadbury make plenty of other products that don't contain the shrimp. So why boycott the company if they could just eat the other chocolates?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 09:13:17 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 09:23:25 PM by Lethn

Well done internet, this is the now the second news piece that has literally made me go "Oh for fucks sake" out loud, I actually thought it was the daily mail at first posting up bullshit but Russia Today don't normally do that with this kind of thing. I've read all kinds of racist, xenophobic, downright batshit insane, conspiracy theorist bullshit everywhere but I really do believe that only people who suffer from allergies have the right to complain about even traces of something getting in their food, let alone make death threats over it, it's not like they're secretly lacing it with laxatives and poisonous chemicals.

At least with the bullshit I've read they at least have some reasonable sounding grievances but this is just ridiculous.
Ruthful

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:35:34 AM

Perkasa is always been an racist and backward organization created by failed politician just to drum communal sensitivities for political gain.You might as well take Westboro seriously if you're planning to associate Perkasa with any sense of credibility.

The more sensible Muslims are calling out for thorough investigation and (possible) court actions.After all ,Cadburry  assured consumers that the tainted products were halal.That constitutes a breach of trust.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:50:11 AM

Perkasa is always been an racist and backward organization created by failed politician just to drum communal sensitivities for political gain.You might as well take Westboro seriously if you're planning to associate Perkasa with any sense of credibility.

Do you live in Malaysia? Malaysia is one of the wealthiest nations in the Asian continent, but that was achieved mostly as a result of the hard work by the minority Chinese, who comprise around 1/4th of the population. For the last two decades, the ethnic Chinese are moving out of Malaysia, as a result of religious and linguistic discrimination.
Ruthful

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:09:52 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 05:07:57 AM by Ruthful

Do you live in Malaysia?
Yes ,I am Malaysian.
Malaysia is one of the wealthiest nations in the Asian continent, but that was achieved mostly as a result of the hard work by the minority Chinese, who comprise around 1/4th of the population. For the last two decades, the ethnic Chinese are moving out of Malaysia, as a result of religious and linguistic discrimination.

The statement isn't entirely correct:
1)While the system does practice very  high level of favouritism(quite shameful,it is) , there is quite a high level of cultural and religious freedom and tolerance(and growing)  in Malaysia.Not only that festivals such as Deepavali (Diwali to some), Chinese New Year or even Christmas are celebrated openly(and quite plurally ) ,they are national events(warranting a national holidays)

2) The Chinese have a very strong and effective lobby in Malaysia to the point that the managed to successfully  resist and even amend laws that favours Chinese communities at large.The Malaysian Indians on the other hand ,pretty much don't have it that easy.

3)It is mainly an emmigration of highly skilled and educated individuals rather to greener pastures rather than a racially motivated exodus .The data compiled shows that there is ever an increasing percentage of  of Muslim and bumiputra (indigenous population) among those .
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:24:44 AM

Time to call out the Benevolent Order Of Muslims to take care of the infidel candy makers. We should also file a complaint with the Bureau Of Muslim Brothers.

Ruthful

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:33:01 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 05:09:29 AM by Ruthful

We should also file a complaint with the Bureau Of Muslim Brothers.

Ironically there is such a thing in Malaysia(kinda), Cadburry was issued a halal certificate which indicate that the product produced and sold locally must complied with the strict regulation(non halal products need not follow this).The fact that his incident occurs suggest that there 's a breach  of protocol which either occur in the production/inspection line.Either way someone going to be in(legal) hot waters for this.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:18:40 AM

The statement isn't entirely correct:
1)While the system does practice very  high level of favouritism(quite shameful,it is) , there is quite a high level of cultural and religious freedom and tolerance(and growing)  in Malaysia.Not only that festivals such as Deepavali (Diwali to some), Chinese New Year or even Christmas are celebrated openly(and quite plurally ) ,they are national events(warranting a national holidays)

2) The Chinese have a very strong and effective lobby in Malaysia to the point that the managed to successfully  resist and even amend laws that favours Chinese communities at large.The Malaysian Indians on the other hand ,pretty much don't have it that easy.

3)It is mainly an emmigration of highly skilled and educated individuals rather to greener pastures rather than a racially motivated exodus .The data compiled shows that there is ever an increasing percentage of  of Muslim and bumiputra (indigenous population) among those .

Hmm... I have read a lot of stories about the Malays discriminating the non-Malays in Malaysia. Both the Chinese and the third largest minority (Indians) are suffering as a result of it. The suppression of protests by the HINDRAF is a prime example.
Ruthful

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:30:05 AM

Hmm... I have read a lot of stories about the Malays discriminating the non-Malays in Malaysia. Both the Chinese and the third largest minority (Indians) are suffering as a result of it. The suppression of protests by the HINDRAF is a prime example.
Suffering? That is very loaded word considering that both ethnic groups(especially the Chinese) you mentioned are rather well off in Malaysia,in many cases better than the Malays at least.

Depends on the stories, I suppose.I always suggest double checking your sources and all version available(your HINDRAF examples, for instance would raise eyebrows with anyone more familiar with the matter).Remember, most of the "stories " really are "stories" and are clouded by what ever perception and agenda the storyteller tries to convey.Perhaps you would like to share those stories? Maybe I can verify some of those.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:50:21 AM

Perhaps you would like to share those stories? Maybe I can verify some of those.

I don't know whether I can trust Wikipedia in this matter or not, as Wikipedia is a bad source for politics-related topics. Here is one example from Wikipedia, for the stories which I have mentioned:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_head_protests

Ruthful

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:42:05 PM

I don't know whether I can trust Wikipedia in this matter or not, as Wikipedia is a bad source for politics-related topics. Here is one example from Wikipedia, for the stories which I have mentioned:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_head_protests

Unfortunately every single thing in that page is true.What the article didn't mention was they were universally  slammed by the general public (by even by most Malays) about their shameful behaviour,they were lambasted by every single media and news outlet save for two UMNO controlled ultranationalist newspaper/television station.When confronted, they claimed that they were ignorant on the significance of cows to the Hindus.Yes, those yahoos rather be called stupid (which everyone did) instead of being bigots(which they still are).

Anyway, UMNO's mishandling of that incident was one of the many reason why the lost the Malay support in Selangor(urban Malays,which care didn't  for the UMNO's racial politics) and why they are currently being rejected in Selangor.

BTW, the reason why the police didn't unleash their dogs(figuratively speaking)was because the protest was relatively peaceful(no matter how abhorrent it was) while the HINDRAF(which really was pushing their luck, the methods were getting progressively unnerving and subversive)  rallies weren't(there were claims that agitators were implanted to provoke conflict, something both side accused the other of doing).
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:11:18 PM

http://rt.com/news/161980-cadbury-jihad-pork-chocolate/

Malaysian Muslims declare jihad on Cadbury over pork-laced chocolate

Enraged Muslims in Malaysia have called for a holy war or Jihad to be waged on Cadbury after traces of pig DNA were picked up in their chocolates. As a result of the complaint, the company has pulled two of its products from Malaysian shop shelves.

From the comments:

HAHAHA a Jihad on Cadbury!!!! LOL that made my day.

ALLAHU AKBAR!!! DEATH TO THE CHOCOLATES!!! ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!

Cheesy Grin Cheesy

kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:25:59 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 05:56:00 PM by kuroman

false advertisement, bad business practice, obviously this company need to be shut down, if you advertise a product as Hallal or Vegetarian or Bio or what ever and you make people pay premium for it, and then you are found guilty there is no other definition to it, this kind of practice can result in death if someone has some allergic to something and he carefully buys a product that is advertised as free of the substance in question ....
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: