Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:13:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Epic Fail Currency? 'Occcu'  (Read 8187 times)
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 11:43:10 PM

It turns out they fail even harder than I thought, which is actually kind of an accomplishment.

First, they suspended demurrage for April, presenting this as a good thing. So even they don't believe their own bullshit philosophy.

Second, the email in which they announced this put all the recipients' email addresses in the To: line. So now I have the emails of everyone on their list. (link)
LOL.
Someone send them info about Bitcoin!

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 01:33:26 AM

It turns out they fail even harder than I thought, which is actually kind of an accomplishment.

First, they suspended demurrage for April, presenting this as a good thing. So even they don't believe their own bullshit philosophy.

Second, the email in which they announced this put all the recipients' email addresses in the To: line. So now I have the emails of everyone on their list. (link)
LOL.
Someone send them info about Bitcoin!

+1
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2012, 06:20:54 AM

Is this a joke?

You can buy seats on the general assembly for 100 Euros each.

Sure is getting money out of politics!

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
rdponticelli

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 05:27:18 PM

I'm giving a try at this thing since I first heard of it, always supposing that it was going to be an epic fail, but I'm curious anyway. Well, it seems it really is. I'm trying to lend some of the occcus since almost the beginning, without fees nor interest rate, as they put on the slogan. But nobody seems interested. I guess I'll have to pay for somebody to take them? Even then, I can't see anybody would ask for them...

Then I tried to buy any cryptocurrency with them without giving them a value. Even solidcoin would be good, if anybody would be interested, but I know it will be hopeless. A confined centralized economy with a degrading money which offer no way of storing value can't simply work.

And even if there was any way of storing value, I can't see the convenience of removing this property from the currency. This force me to act quickly, I have to get rid of the money as soon as I get them not to lose value. I can't see how this don't simply encourage savage consumerism, if there was something to consume...

Yes, I understand they're trying to get a money without interest. But what they're going to get in the best case is a useless hiperinflationary money.

I'm looking at freicoin too. Even when I can't see the convenience of demurrage, maybe it's just me. But I can't really figure what's the convenience of the velocity they want to give to all the economy. I'm more a slow kind of guy...
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 06:51:28 AM

I'm trying to lend some of the occcus since almost the beginning, without fees nor interest rate, as they put on the slogan. But nobody seems interested. I guess I'll have to pay for somebody to take them? Even then, I can't see anybody would ask for them...

I'm just here to buy stuff, man.  A loan is, like, responsibility.

How do they expect interest rates to remain at 0%?  It seems like the way to win this game is to borrow as many occcus as possible to invest in the most valuable capital available, and then to just repay the loan with your BIG payments.  So, what is the most valuable capital available?  That's the catch, isn't it?  There is no capital is there...  I bet there are some pot growers reading this right now who could completely own the entire occcu economy...  You could borrow occcus to pay hippies to build... something... like... a pyramid?  Eh, I got nothin'.  This is epic fail. 

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
rdponticelli

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 05:54:19 PM

It seems like the way to win this game is to borrow as many occcus as possible to invest in the most valuable capital available, and then to just repay the loan with your BIG payments.  So, what is the most valuable capital available?  That's the catch, isn't it?  There is no capital is there...  I bet there are some pot growers reading this right now who could completely own the entire occcu economy...  You could borrow occcus to pay hippies to build... something... like... a pyramid?  Eh, I got nothin'.  This is epic fail.  

There's nothing to invest in. And I think there won't ever be. You could possibly own the whole economy with a single satoshi. But it would be too expensive, IMHO.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 10:05:26 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2012, 10:19:13 PM by Clipse

So it seems occcu community account is the central bank and printing "occcu's" considering they just hand out 20 OC's for new registrations.

This is far worse than banks printing money lol

I havnt seen such a waste of valuable time in a while, I wonder what is their endgame strategy.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: