Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:50:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-05-29] DISH Becomes Largest Company to Accept Bitcoin  (Read 2015 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:33:04 PM

never heard of "dish" but maybe its a us thing

DISH is a true technological giant. One of the biggest stocks (in terms of market cap) in the NASDAQ exchange.  Grin

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ%3ADISH&ei=psCIU-CtEMejkgWs84DgCw

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 06:12:05 PM

It would not surprise me if At&t, Verizon, etc started accepted bitcoin within ONE YEAR from now.

Toooo Dah Moooohn!

da Mooooohn? to daaaa MAArrSSSS!

@bryant.coleman

thx  Wink. there are alot of companys in the world that "nobody" knows but which are big companys in their field.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 06:36:09 PM

also here:

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/will-dish-bitcoin-payments-help-the-currency-VU9b1oqeS3mLPnXfEBfhOg.html

cant believe that there are 4 people on bloomberg that are ALL PRO BTC - lol .... times moved fast.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 11:54:03 PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/how-coinbase-partnered-with-dish-Nn_kUPvHTbyyMnnGLhvC5A.html

tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:10:29 AM

This is amazing. Great way to win over some customers from Direct TV. If DISH can steals away enough customers from Direct TV, it may cause Direct TV and their parent company (AT&T) to decide to accept BTC as a payment method as well.
Really huge deal to begin with...but this could turn into the biggest thing to ever happen to bitcoin.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:15:00 AM

I think Dish accepting it kind of boosted up the price a little, well the Media coverage, at least. And they're going to start on July 1st, right?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:22:04 AM

If we look at the volume of transactions, it is clear that DISH is much bigger than any of the currently existing pro-Bitcoin retailers (including Overstock). But still, this news has not received as much coverage as it deserves from the mainstream media.  Angry
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:03:49 AM

If we look at the volume of transactions, it is clear that DISH is much bigger than any of the currently existing pro-Bitcoin retailers (including Overstock). But still, this news has not received as much coverage as it deserves from the mainstream media.  Angry

You know the media, sometimes they focus on it sometimes they skip things.
I'm sure we will see a lot of this type of news later when they catch up.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:42:21 AM

You know the media, sometimes they focus on it sometimes they skip things.
I'm sure we will see a lot of this type of news later when they catch up.

Hmm.. I was just comparing the media coverage on this announcement and comparing it to that when Zynga, Wordpress and Overstock made similar announcements on Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: