Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:11:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are psychics bearish on bitcoin?  (Read 5069 times)
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:30:56 PM

A much more pertinent question is - why didn't psychics buy every single bitcoin in 2009?

PERFECT

OOOWWAaah ooowwaaah ooowaaah

/thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:34:28 PM

If your investment strat involves consulting a psychic, .... Never mind.  Roll Eyes

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:08:42 PM

Out of curiosity, is it theoretically possible for mathematical breakthroughs to undermine the way bitcoin works?
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:14:37 PM

Out of curiosity, is it theoretically possible for mathematical breakthroughs to undermine the way bitcoin works?
Not with existing technology, no. People who don't understand what they have thrown money in will talk about quantum computing and other fantasies, but nothing realistic.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:40:32 PM

Certainly.  The standard riposte is "If a mathematical discovery left Bitcoin beyond repair, Bitcoin would be the least of your worries".
TERA (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:37:20 AM

I'd like to take a moment to thank the ignorant trolls on here for their valuable contributions which enrich and clarify the discussions on the forum.

They understand the truth which is that there are only two types of posts:  A bull posting that says "buy everything" and a bear posting that says "sell everything", everyone has an agenda behind their post, and there is no such thing as an objective discussion.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:43:53 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 01:07:23 AM by Wandererfromthenorth

I'd like to take a moment to thank the ignorant trolls on here for their valuable contributions which enrich and clarify the discussions on the forum.

They understand the truth which is that there are only two types of posts:  A bull posting that says "buy everything" and a bear posting that says "sell everything", everyone has an agenda behind their post, and there is no such thing as an objective discussion.
With a thread about friggin' psychics and a first post that sounds serious what do you expect?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:46:15 AM

The title of this thread got me to read it
That said I have not heard a psychic give a reading on Bitcoin but I don't think it has any ghosts yet
(Except Satoshi perhaps)
So it wouldn't give it a spiritual vibe well that and maybe a bunch of stoners from the Silk Road lol.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:54:14 AM

They understand the truth which is that there are only two types of posts:  A bull posting that says "buy everything" and a bear posting that says "sell everything", everyone has an agenda behind their post, and there is no such thing as an objective discussion.
Okay, you believe in fairies and invisible pink unicorns. That's lovely. It's still a bunch of hogwash though.

TERA (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:54:30 AM

They understand the truth which is that there are only two types of posts:  A bull posting that says "buy everything" and a bear posting that says "sell everything", everyone has an agenda behind their post, and there is no such thing as an objective discussion.
With a thread about friggin' psychics and a first post that sounds serious what do you expect?

I expect a higher quality of discussion in a forum of bitcoiners. I thought these were intelligent people but the community now seems to be mostly a bunch of children who recently hopped on the train of the latest and hottest thing and they all have this strong sense of entitlement now that they belong in the upper class. A bunch of brats and parasites.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:56:01 AM

I expect a higher quality of discussion in a forum of bitcoiners. I thought these were intelligent people but the community now seems to be mostly a bunch of children who recently hopped on the train of the latest and hottest thing and they all have this strong sense of entitlement now that they belong in the upper class. A bunch of brats and parasites.
Intelligent people generally do not believe in things that can not be reliably reproduced in a lab. Comes with the territory.

bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:56:35 AM

They have some quality threads (I like goombas, rpetillas and a few others that have some decent info)
TERA (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:57:32 AM

They have some quality threads (I like goombas, rpetillas and a few others that have some decent info)
Yes there are some intelligent posters who actually contribute and they are not the ones trolling me with insults.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:58:33 AM

Yes there are some intelligent ones who actually contribute and they are not the ones trolling me with insults.
You are not being trolled. You are asking why con artists tend to have a negative view on bitcoin and you have been given a number of plausible answers which you do not like.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:00:41 AM

I wouldn't know about that. Half the cunts who have posted here are on my ignore list so I don't even get to read whatever drivvle or mind-numbing memes that they post.

Incase you missed it, I suggested that psychics are bearish on Bitcoin because it is what it is. A 'pilot scheme' of a novel financial concept that could very easily turn to vapour within a flash. The Bitcoin market is also a fkn shark-pool and we now know that probably we have 'Willy' to thank for the bull run of 2013. Whilst I have read comments on here along the lines of 'who cares who or what got Bitcoin up', the reality is that a lot of people were robbed of their wealth as a result of Gox's ill considered Ponzi Scheme to rapidly pump the Bitcoin market cap, thus allowing at least some people to cash out with 10000% profits. So Bitcoin is also a market drunk on realisations and yet further dreams of avarice.

Bitcoin is a toxic, nasty and dangerous phenomena that is likely one day, to implode. Of course the subconscious mind is going to fear it. Psychics, good psychics are people who have an ability to tune into subconscious processes on some kind of level. However, I wouldn't take any details that a psychic tells me at face value, but rather more as symbolic of future or potential courses of events.

Intelligent people generally do not believe in things that can not be reliably reproduced in a lab. Comes with the territory.

Closed minded people trapped in a rationalist mindset, generally don't believe in things that can't be reproduced in a lab.

There is a whole universe out there. A whole realm of infinite wisdom and possibility. And you are limited to only acknowledging 'what can be reproduced in a lab'.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
TERA (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:07:03 AM

The postings are unintelligent because they make assumptions or statements about me personally which I did not state at all, but they automatically assume that anyone who writes a posts that involve anything negative believes in what they are posting about and is personally a bear with a bearish position. This is a false assumption and I even stated that I was long at the end of the post, which must have been ignored. On top of that, they add in emotional statements, exxagerations, and insults, which are mis-based and add no value to a discussion at all and make it unreadable. Some of the posts are just trash and you have to delete/ignore them in order to make any sense of the thread you are reading at all.
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:15:32 AM

When I was new on the forum (December 2013) I listened to what tera and matt were saying because they are older members here and they gave reasoning to what they were saying (that made sense). A few months ago (you guys seem to be on the same page @bearish) and got slammed for it by other members.

I still listen to what you guys say and I suggest the newer members just listen to what they are talking about. They have more experience than us (newer members) and could teach us a thing or two.

Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:19:58 AM

Nobody is being insulted here.

Psychics are very likely to be con-artists, do I even have to list you the cases of prosecution with these blatant scams?
Even if you believe that psychic's powers actually exist (which is something that you should provide some kind of evidence for in the first place), they are still very likely to be scammers.

So, why should we be serious about a thread that talks about people that are very probably delusional at best, scammers at worst?

Actually I'm genuinely interested, can you give me some kind of evidence that would suggest that psychics could have real psychic powers?
Serious question now. no trolling

TERA (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:21:06 AM

The mentality of an average bitcoiner has gone from

helping to build and a spread the technology behind bitcoin to grow bitcoin and improve the world

to

a market struggle between two opposing teams - the 'bulls' and the 'bears'. you have to chant and cheerlead for your team and opress any discussions that might belong to the other team.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:22:28 AM

The postings are unintelligent because they make assumptions or statements about me personally which I did not state at all, but they automatically assume that anyone who writes a posts that involve anything negative believes in what they are posting about and is personally a bear with a bearish position. This is a false assumption and I even stated that I was long at the end of the post, which must have been ignored. On top of that, they add in emotional statements, exxagerations, and insults, which are mis-based and add no value to a discussion at all and make it unreadable. Some of the posts are just trash and you have to delete/ignore them in order to make any sense of the thread you are reading at all.

The postings are unintelligible because it is phrased in the context of a illogical statement about some flying fruit & nut job psychic's

How can anyone dispute or discuss why your psychic's  felt this way ??

Unless I can say ...

1)just spoke to a good friend of mine in the afterlife and  his version of teh future was bullish...
2) My crystal ball had a big rainbow in it with a pot of bitcoin at the bottom
3) a  black cat hissed then purred at me which proves a small correction but an overall bullsih trend
4) I got a train ticket and the last 6 alpha numeric character set on the reciept where btc999 ... Its a sign

All of this rubbish makes as more sense as the crap you have posted......

P.S Especially num# 4 Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: