Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:13:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Command Line and JSON-RPC  (Read 34269 times)
galaxyAbstractor

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 12:16:26 PM

Look at rpc.cpp for the list of commands.

Seriously?  So, everyone knows C++ but me?  I don't understand where this list of commands is in this file.  *sigh* I have tried to understand C++ for years, things just are not clicking in my head for some reason.  Do you mean this stuff?
Code:
        //
        // Special case non-string parameter types
        //
        if (strMethod == "setgenerate"            && n > 0) ConvertTo<bool>(params[0]);
        if (strMethod == "setgenerate"            && n > 1) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[1]);
        if (strMethod == "sendtoaddress"          && n > 1) ConvertTo<double>(params[1]);
        if (strMethod == "settxfee"               && n > 0) ConvertTo<double>(params[0]);
        if (strMethod == "getamountreceived"      && n > 1) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[1]); // deprecated
        if (strMethod == "getreceivedbyaddress"   && n > 1) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[1]);
        if (strMethod == "getreceivedbyaccount"   && n > 1) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[1]);
        if (strMethod == "getreceivedbylabel"     && n > 1) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[1]); // deprecated
        if (strMethod == "getallreceived"         && n > 0) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[0]); // deprecated
        if (strMethod == "getallreceived"         && n > 1) ConvertTo<bool>(params[1]);
        if (strMethod == "listreceivedbyaddress"  && n > 0) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[0]);
        if (strMethod == "listreceivedbyaddress"  && n > 1) ConvertTo<bool>(params[1]);
        if (strMethod == "listreceivedbyaccount"  && n > 0) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[0]);
        if (strMethod == "listreceivedbyaccount"  && n > 1) ConvertTo<bool>(params[1]);
        if (strMethod == "listreceivedbylabel"    && n > 0) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[0]); // deprecated
        if (strMethod == "listreceivedbylabel"    && n > 1) ConvertTo<bool>(params[1]); // deprecated
        if (strMethod == "getbalance"             && n > 1) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[1]);
        if (strMethod == "move"                   && n > 2) ConvertTo<double>(params[2]);
        if (strMethod == "move"                   && n > 3) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[3]);
        if (strMethod == "sendfrom"               && n > 2) ConvertTo<double>(params[2]);
        if (strMethod == "sendfrom"               && n > 3) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[3]);
        if (strMethod == "listtransactions"       && n > 1) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[1]);
        if (strMethod == "listtransactions"       && n > 2) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[2]);
        if (strMethod == "listaccounts"           && n > 0) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[0]);
        if (strMethod == "sendmany"               && n > 1)
        {
            string s = params[1].get_str();
            Value v;
            if (!read_string(s, v) || v.type() != obj_type)
                throw runtime_error("type mismatch");
            params[1] = v.get_obj();
        }
        if (strMethod == "sendmany"                && n > 2) ConvertTo<boost::int64_t>(params[2]);

Well, there are comments throughout, so that's good, I really get annoyed by spaghetti code.

Are you looking for this list? https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_Calls_list

1gaLaxy9csuBTvNLJYoUy6sengQbh1TpV
Pyramining - Invest in mining!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
krepta3000

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 07:53:48 PM

Yay, thanks. Smiley  Now I just need to figure out how to dump my broken wallet, and import only the good stuff into a new wallet.  Grrr!
Gavin Andresen
Legendary
qt

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2164

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 11:12:38 PM

bitcointools has a fixwallet.py that can often fix broken wallet.dat files.
  https://github.com/gavinandresen/bitcointools/

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
krepta3000

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 06:29:31 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2011, 07:31:20 PM by krepta3000

bitcointools has a fixwallet.py that can often fix broken wallet.dat files.
  https://github.com/gavinandresen/bitcointools/

If that works, I'll be very very happy, OMG!!  You're the best Gavin. Smiley

I finally managed to figure out how to run it, and then it spouted an error I don't understand.  Here is the text:

Code:
C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcointools>fixwallet.py --datadir=m:\bitcoin --out=walletFixed.dat
Unknown key type: bestblock

Well, it didn't fix the wallet the way I wanted it to, it still had the hung transactions on it.  I want to Remove those hung transactions, and fix whatever caused them, Or fix whatever is causing it so that they will stop being hung. 
joan

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 10:21:26 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2011, 10:38:36 PM by joan

This error is not related to your problem. It's just that the wallet contain a new type of data that the bitcointools is not aware of. (namely, the most recent block that this wallet was synchronized with)

Do you have a thread where you describe the scenario that led to hung transactions ?
edit: I assume this is the one. My advice would be to wait a bit for the import/export private keys feature to be formally released in an official version. Then you can dump your keys to a text file and import back the relevant ones to a fresh wallet.
krepta3000

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 06:53:33 AM

This error is not related to your problem. It's just that the wallet contain a new type of data that the bitcointools is not aware of. (namely, the most recent block that this wallet was synchronized with)

Do you have a thread where you describe the scenario that led to hung transactions ?
edit: I assume this is the one. My advice would be to wait a bit for the import/export private keys feature to be formally released in an official version. Then you can dump your keys to a text file and import back the relevant ones to a fresh wallet.

Yup, that's the one, and yes, those are the features I need.  I found the github branch with a download of stuff that supposedly patches those RPC commands into bitcoin, but, after extracting it nothing was installed or patched, and I don't know what to do.  I want to dump my wallet, and only have the stuff I want, not the hung or damaged stuff, and then import the good stuff into a new wallet, a fresh start.  Please please please, someone put it into the main branch so it gets included in the next official release!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: