Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:11:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moneybookers closed my account!!!!!!!! Anti-Bitcoin policy !!!! 2-12-2012  (Read 19176 times)
R04dRunn3r (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 04:42:20 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2012, 02:05:03 PM by R04dRunn3r

Moneybookers locked my account for outgoing transactions.
They asked for a scan of my passport and utility bill to send by email.
Why did they lock my account, are there others with the same problem?

Is complete bullsh1t that they locked my account!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wandering Albatross

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 06:28:54 PM

Sounds like extortion. But it is also ridiculous. How could they ever verify that what you send them is legit? Just do a search online for a bill photo and passport photo and email it. Or maybe you work for a competitor of moneybooker and are just trying to spread FUD.

BTC: 1JgPAC8RVeh7RXqzmeL8xt3fvYahRXL3fP
someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 06:38:19 PM

They did the same to me.

I was having trouble adding a bank account to it, called in for help and they're like "OK we'll look into it and e-mail  you in 15-30 minutes".

I check my e-mail in 15-30 minutes and instead of a solution, they tell me my account is locked and under review lol.

Bullsh*t.  I've read lots of people have had their accounts frozen by that company with sizable amounts of cash in it and no way to dispute at all.  Moneybookers just said they're accounts were questionable and that's that.  No way of getting account re-instated whatsoever.

I made an account with them, got it verified, but after reading some of the stuff that goes on I never bothered to use it.  Probably stupid since I had to send them high res color scans of my driver's license and proof of address.  Who knows what they might do with it if they take peoples' money from them.

R04dRunn3r (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 09:22:06 PM

I had my account verified by a letter send to me and my bank account is verified by a small transaction so I have no idee why they locked my account.
So it pretty much s*cks! Is there something that i did wrong.
I just bought Bitcoins with it and sold my mined Bitcoins, that's allowed ............or is it?
I hope they fix it, I all ready mailed them my passport and bill scan/photo.
R04dRunn3r (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 02:49:44 PM

I talked to some guy from moneybookers (phoned there supportline) this morning and he told me that moneybookers can lock any account any time if they feel like.
Hey told me it's a routine security check. And within 48 hours they decide if you are getting your account unlocked or that they take all the money that's on it, comes down to that, if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!
Hey wouldn't tell me why my account is under investigation, told me to talk to security but he was the guy from security so.... ?!?! sounds a little bit weird if you ask me.

It realy sucks, that they locked my account. If I knew that this could happen I would opened a account with moneybookers.  Angry

They are realy pissing me off!
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 02:57:11 PM

You are going on a bit extreme, if it was a large amount or a first time transfer they usually lock the account for suspicious activity thereafter they unlock it unless you did something easy to identify thats totally illegal which I doubt.

Whoever told you that they will decide to lock and take your funds is clearly on crack, if they do lock your account they will simply process it all to bank/card thats on the account.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
R04dRunn3r (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 03:05:45 PM

So I'm going to get my money back any way, that is a good singe!
The guy on the phone wouldn't tell me any thing.

Hey told me they locked the account, and I automaticly figured that If they lock it for outgoing transactions you never ever are going to get your money back because outgoing transactions are disabled!
That's what I figured, I'm wrong with that, so they give back your money I understand from your reaction.

And no I'm not doing any thing illegal.
Or is buying and selling Bitcoin illegal?
R04dRunn3r (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 05:22:07 PM

So this what they are asking now. After my passport and bill scan they asked me what my relation was to one of the transactions I made, to that person.
And now they are asking for delivery proof ?!?!?! of 2 other transactions.
What's next ........ the time I went to the bathroom.

Is Moneybookers a front company for the CIA/KGB/MI6?  Angry 4ssh0l3s.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 09:21:45 PM

Sounds like they are trying to bring the PayPal ethos to their service. Thanks for letting me know. We can reward companies for this kind of behaviour by never signing up.
R04dRunn3r (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 03:02:15 PM

Just got off the phone with moneybookers and just as yesterday they were all like "Bitcoin .............. what's bitcoin? and how do you send them? Can you send us a proof of delivery of the item?"
The guy I spoke to never heard of Bitcoin. So I told him it's a virtual currency and you can transfer Bitcoins as easy as sending a email. He was still like ....................uhhhh what?
So either he still lives in 2009 or he is lying and moneybookers is purpously trying to sabotage bitcoin trading.

But in they end........my account is still locked and moneybookers is taking forever to unlock it, if they even want to!
R04dRunn3r (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 03:11:42 PM

Sounds like they are trying to bring the PayPal ethos to their service. Thanks for letting me know. We can reward companies for this kind of behaviour by never signing up.

It should be made criminal, doing business like that.
They probably do it under pressure from IRS or the US treasury.
If they don't comply they will get audited or something.
And we all know that there is no one company in the world that has a 100% correct bookkeeping.
The US and UK really turned it to fascist police states, run by big corporations.
They think everybody is a terror1st or funding terror1sm!
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 10:40:51 PM

erm.. Why in the world would you open the bag of confusion by telling them its a bitcoin trade.

You should have just told them immediately it was a personal transfer to a friend, leave it at that and you had no issues. Now that you admitted to trading something they dont like or not really understanding of, you will be lucky to get the money if not after a ton of paper work.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
R04dRunn3r (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:03:10 PM

Dont' go to moneybookers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have a Anti-Bitcoin policy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They close down accounts if they are used to buy and sell Bitcoin with.
They closed my account and the only thing I did is trade Bitcoins at bitcoin.de.
I got my money back but they will close my account so that pretty much sucks!

So that was it, no thanks to Moneybookers!!!!!! I hope somebody will start a company that makes it possible to buy and sell bitcoin as easy as paypal or moneybookers.
And for moneybookers......... I hope they go bust soon!

F U Moneybookers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R04dRunn3r (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:10:26 PM

erm.. Why in the world would you open the bag of confusion by telling them its a bitcoin trade.

You should have just told them immediately it was a personal transfer to a friend, leave it at that and you had no issues. Now that you admitted to trading something they dont like or not really understanding of, you will be lucky to get the money if not after a ton of paper work.

Why not?!?! Bitcoin still isn't illegal so there anti-bitcoin policy is complete BS! And they shouldn't have the right do decide who and what can be traded!!!! You know how they call that........... it's called fascism!!!!!
And I thought EU, UK and USA where free market economies. Am I wrong!!!!!!!!!!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:25:27 PM

Was this a joke or are you just that dumb?
R04dRunn3r (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:34:11 PM

Was this a joke or are you just that dumb?

Joke!!! I know that the EU, UK and USA are nothing more than an fascist plutocracy.
deepceleron
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 03:24:20 PM

Bitcoin is their competition. Bitcoin is better. Duh.
coraz

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 03:36:43 PM

I just bought Bitcoins with it and sold my mined Bitcoins, that's allowed ............or is it?

according to their terms, you need special approval from them to accept payments for money exchange businesses
deepceleron
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 05:36:34 PM

according to their terms, you need special approval from them to accept payments for money exchange businesses
...and you wouldn't need manager approval to eat your Kobe Beef Filet Mignon in a McDonalds?
GlooBoy
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Leave everything to me!

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 06:51:57 PM

I sell BTC using PayPal (nightmare) any 'profit' that was made is slowly going back due to Credit-card charge-back fraud.

I know for a fact PP will randomly select you out if the person you had dealings with is in a dispute with someone else ( doesn't have to be you ). They are trying to check out the other person by checking your dealings with them, they don't tell you this of course and say that its a random check. Then, of course, when you don't have proof you 'mailed' it, they take your funds and return them. I don't see MB being any different. You would have been better off not mentioning the "B" word.

Just happened to me. Guy paid for 2 different auctions over 3 days, 3 weeks later PP disputes just 1 of our transactions, because one of his customers complained about him 2 weeks after the fact. So they randomly select people that had dealings with him and finds me 'guilty' of not "mailing it" and gave his money back. Even tho our transaction was NEVER in dispute, I lost. Sounds like/feels like, theft to me.

I contacted my customer and he gladly resent it. (he mustva been screwed by PP at one time too).

I tried once months ago to get my money back in another situation. After 4 days on the phone with 'support' and 20 pages of Docs proving my story that we were both getting screwed by the same guy, I had it, and give up.... And thats the way they like it.

Look at the Seller Protection Policy - if you didn't ship it, you shit outta luck. Im sure MB is no different

Video Proof??

Doesn't it amaze you that you can show "real proof" and nobody cares. (20 pages of Docs, IP tracking, used old BC addresses, timestamps, IP stamping, blockchain tracking, email header info matching the IP info on your own damned servers, I had this SOB by the short and curlies, he re-used the BC address he used months ago in a legitimate transaction, and the rest of the info just snowballed) but do you have a copy of the box you shipped with a stamp on it?<-- thats all they wanted.

Show them a "video" of proof and they are spellbound and drooling (v-v-v-video) - any fool with a comp and MicroMovieMaker can fake it.

How many people do you know like having their BTC's Shipped in the mail Huh Sellers beware. I'm sure every credit card type company has the same type policy's.

GLooBoy @ OTC--LBC--BitRated -- GPG ID: A23D510BD6E310D3
Beginner and Expert Level FREE Escrow for All | GiftCards for Crypto -- Cryfter.com from 2012 to 2017
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: