Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Husband of Pakistani Stoning Victim: I Killed My First Wife to Marry Her (Video)  (Read 1413 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:30:46 PM

Eventually nature has to balance out and get rid of the extra males.  Historical solution:  war.

There is another solution. It is called migration. For example, China is currently dumping a lot of its excess males to Africa and other Asian countries such as Myanmar and Sri Lanka.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:58:39 PM

The husband of Farzana Parveen, the Pakistani woman stoned to death for refusing to participate in an arranged marriage, told CNN he killed his first wife so he could marry Parveen.

Authorities said the first wife was killed six years ago.

“I wanted to send a proposal to Farzana, so I killed my wife,” Mohammad Iqbal said Thursday in an interview with CNN.

Zulfiqar Hameed, district inspector general for the Punjab police, said Iqbal’s son from the first marriage alerted police to the slaying six years ago.

Iqbal was arrested but later released on bail because his son forgave him, Hameed said.

The son, Aurengzeb, who is in his 20s, confirmed his father’s statements to CNN. He said his father served a year in jail.

Parveen, who was three months pregnant, was beaten to death with bricks Tuesday in the eastern city of Lahore by a group of about 20 people, including her brothers, father and cousin, police said.

Police have arrested Parveen’s father and are searching for the other killers in this all-too-common crime.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/29/world/meast/pakistani-honor-killing/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

----------------------------------------------------------
The real war on women...

All her relatives who took part in this gruesome murder of a mother and unborn child should received the death penalty and the policemen who just watched this woman being murdered should all lose their jobs and given long jail sentences. This should not happen in the 21st century, Many of us do not care whether its culture or religion that this takes place mostly in islamic countries. This needs to stop for ever..

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:55:27 PM

I wonder what way people have in mind to end those practices... bomb them all back to the stone age?

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:06:45 AM

Four-in-Ten Pakistanis say honor killing of women can be at least sometimes justified

Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif called for “immediate action” Thursday over the stoning death of a pregnant 25-year-old woman in Lahore earlier this week. Farzana Parveen’s murder, carried out by her family members because she married a man without their consent, has shined a light on so-called “honor killing,” a practice in which relatives end the lives of women and men who are said to bring shame to the family.

Stoning death of 25-year-old Pakistani woman puts focus on views about honor killingsSharif called Parveen’s death “totally unacceptable,” but a Pew Research Center survey conducted in 2011 found that the Prime Minister’s position is unlikely to resonate with all Pakistanis.

Honor killings claim the lives of more than 1,000 Pakistani women every year, according to a Washington Post story citing a Pakistani organization that advocates against honor killings. In the last few years, honor killings in Pakistan have gained international attention, with cases ranging from women refusing to enter into an arranged marriage, seeking a divorce or having a pre- or extra-marital affair.

In the Lahore case, Parveen’s father told police that he sought his daughter’s killing because her marriage to the man without his permission “had insulted all of our family.”

The Pew Research survey did not ask about children marrying without the consent of their parents, but did ask about ending a woman’s life if she engages in premarital sex or adultery. Four-in-ten respondents said that the practice was justified, including three-in-ten (30%) who said it was often justified and 9% who said it was sometimes justified. About half said that ending a woman’s life to protect family honor was rarely (5%) or never (46%) justified.

Although the issue of honor killings is mostly associated with women, a third of Pakistanis said that honor killings of men can be often (23%) or sometimes justified (10%). A slim majority of Pakistanis (57%) said the practice was rarely, if ever justified when men engage in premarital sex or adultery

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/05/30/four-in-ten-pakistanis-say-honor-killing-of-women-can-be-at-least-sometimes-justified/

Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:31:45 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 04:17:33 AM by Trading

When so much people support these practices, you can forget about external pressure being able to stop them fast.

Even the end of impunity (obvious first step), with harsh punishment with publicity, won't be easy to implement.  And people that are willing to kill their own daughter won't back down easily.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:53:21 AM

Four-in-Ten Pakistanis say honor killing of women can be at least sometimes justified

Not surprising at all. The Pakistanis are even more backward, when compared with the Arabs. Even the ethnic Pakistanis, born and brought up in the Western nations such as the US and the UK holds such beliefs.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:46:33 PM

its like the person is mentally ill can kill her own so it's not a matter of religion or culture

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 02:04:02 PM

its like the person is mentally ill can kill her own so it's not a matter of religion or culture
I beg to differ.  This is a matter of religion and culture.

The husband of Farzana Parveen, the Pakistani woman stoned to death for refusing to participate in an arranged marriage, told CNN he killed his first wife so he could marry Parveen.

Authorities said the first wife was killed six years ago.

“I wanted to send a proposal to Farzana, so I killed my wife,” Mohammad Iqbal said Thursday in an interview with CNN.

Zulfiqar Hameed, district inspector general for the Punjab police, said Iqbal’s son from the first marriage alerted police to the slaying six years ago.

Iqbal was arrested but later released on bail because his son forgave him, Hameed said.

The son, Aurengzeb, who is in his 20s, confirmed his father’s statements to CNN. He said his father served a year in jail.

Parveen, who was three months pregnant, was beaten to death with bricks Tuesday in the eastern city of Lahore by a group of about 20 people, including her brothers, father and cousin, police said.

Police have arrested Parveen’s father and are searching for the other killers in this all-too-common crime.
This is not the actions of one mentally ill person.  This is the actions of a specific culture backed by the beliefs from a specific religion.  Unless you are claiming that all 20+ people involved in the "bricking" are all mentally ill.  Well, in a way I guess I agree with that.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:07:03 PM

Pakistan really rocks!

Pakistan police call Farzana Parveen’s stoning a ‘routine murder’

http://www.news.com.au/world/pakistan-police-call-farzana-parveens-stoning-a-routine-murder/story-fndir2ev-1226938644504
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:45:00 PM

http://www.news.com.au/world/pakistan-police-call-farzana-parveens-stoning-a-routine-murder/story-fndir2ev-1226938644504

So... What is it then? I hope you will be able to develop your point of view.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 03:23:45 PM

I don't see any women killing anyone in these recent muslim/islam related killings.  Who is the "her" doing the killing you are referencing?  All I see is guys doing the killing in the incidents we are discussing.  Trying to understand your posting.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:10:29 PM

Reporters and politicians rushed to follow their lead, and discussions about girls’ education and the crimes of Boko Haram at last punctured public indifference.

In America, another horrific crime unleashed a gush of online discourse. This time it was a 22-year-old man on a quest for what he called his “day of retribution,” when he would torture and kill “good-looking people” before launching a “war on women” to punish girls and women who he said had “starved (him) of sex.” The misogyny in the killer’s more than 100-page diatribe led women to begin using the #Yesallwomen hashtag to push forward a conversation on Twitter and Facebook and Tumbler about the rarely discussed though frequently experienced issues of violence against women, from sexual assault to harassment to domestic brutality.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/05/31/cnn-op-ed-manages-703-words-on-honor-killings-without-mentioning-muslims-but-ties-to-ucsb-killings/

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:19:00 PM

Pakistan really rocks!

Pakistan police call Farzana Parveen’s stoning a ‘routine murder’

Police in South Asia are known for their PR disasters really. Their original intentions are usually lost in translation as well. I think they weren't trying to undermine the killing, they were only talking about the frequent nature. That said, in a majority of cases, the police there is complicit in a number of crimes and to an extent, they seem to treat honour killings as familial issues rather than ones the state should intervene in, and this is a failure of the government machinery itself.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: