Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:01:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BMF has lost access to it's wallet [UnModerated]  (Read 6589 times)
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:26:40 PM

Hey guys, I tried to show you what was a good backup. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631605.msg7031124#msg7031124

usagi's backup did not follow:

offsite. despite claimining it is "offsite", it's managed by the same provider, so I consider it to be the same point of failure
offline: nope, by his own admission. claims "usb keys fail". well, then, keep two. keep your online backup and one offline. omg revolutionary!!!
history: probably not
encrypted: unknown, probably not
tested: lol

Even if we abide by usagi's fail definition of offsite, he failed everywhere else.
Spending $10000 on backup when you can achieve that for $100 tops is adding insult to injury.

What else is there to add?

But don't worry, this happens to the best.

I agree with this completely. Even with last paragraph - as you might read about Slush's stolen BTC some time ago.

On other hand(unrelevant) I don't believe that those USB sticks are more durable to situations like house fire(very high temperatures) or house beign destroyed(like earthquakes, etc.).

Hopefully there will be services in future that will guarantee your BTC won't be stolen/lost by some kind of insurence or something similiar so everyone running service with lot of BTC could use it for everybody's sake(even the owner). Because let's be clear, after BTC will become legal tender there won't be any difference between stolen/lost BTC and default/scam.

That would be great (as long as the insurance wasn't backed by people investing in the ponzi scheme that everyone is looking for insurance against).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:16:43 AM

Loock at this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=226650.0
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:57:47 AM

Yes, please do.

As a direct result of that thread and my follow up immortalized here (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=226650.msg2667963#msg2667963) deprived ended up investing 150 bitcoins into BMF.

Next?
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:55:20 PM

^Deprived?  Of the Deprived Mining Speculation (DMS) fame?  Several gentlemen would be interested in getting in touch with him.

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 04:03:58 PM

Usagi I got you a present. And no, it's not a My First Backup kit. Here:

Updated (and, really, this is the problem with being a defective bird in an area surrounded by cats) -

usagi
VIP

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:39:49 PM

Updated (and, really, this is the problem with being a defective bird in an area surrounded by cats) -

Sorry, what's your point? I don't mean to be rude but you aren't making sense. The video I get -- you think I'm an idiot, based on what a couple of trolls told you. You want to fit in on #bitcoin-assets -- yeah I get that. Check. But what's this about the cat and mousetraps? Sorry I'm a little busy coding if it's obvious, not sure if I missed something but it looks like you might have taken the joke a little long here.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 07:25:58 PM

Sorry, what's your point? I don't mean to be rude but you aren't making sense. The video I get -- you think I'm an idiot, based on what a couple of trolls told you. You want to fit in on #bitcoin-assets -- yeah I get that. Check. But what's this about the cat and mousetraps? Sorry I'm a little busy coding if it's obvious, not sure if I missed something but it looks like you might have taken the joke a little long here.

PS: don't forget to backup your codings!

usagi
VIP

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:25:21 PM

PS: don't forget to backup your codings!

Ok so by that I guess you have no point. Thank you for playing.

And yes, as I mentioned quite a number of times, not only do we have off-site backups I am mirroring daily backups to a Synology DS-4 I keep in my office.
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:26:09 AM

Ok so by that I guess you have no point. Thank you for playing.

And yes, as I mentioned quite a number of times, not only do we have off-site backups I am mirroring daily backups to a Synology DS-4 I keep in my office.
So the wallet isn't lost and you're just raking in the cash pretending its lost?
jonsi
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:33:42 AM

Usagi, can you post the address/addresses of the wallet so we can track it? If not than something is very very suspicious about the whole thing with the "lost" wallet.
usagi
VIP

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:53:08 PM

Usagi, can you post the address/addresses of the wallet so we can track it? If not than something is very very suspicious about the whole thing with the "lost" wallet.

You should ask this on the moderated thread. This thread is for trolls.
jonsi
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:23:53 PM

Ups... things are turning to be not as they apear. (sc..cough..am)
This thread is for liberty susteiners.Nobody is going to moderate me, especially not you. You have moderate preety good your investors donors!
jonsi
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:26:26 PM

On the other hand it was expected that usagi will get confused and "loose" the wallet. In general he's so confused that he doesn't know if he's a she or she's a he.
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:35:44 PM

Does BMF still not have access to its wallet (I read a few days ago that they might be able to recover it)? If not, what is the BMF operator going to do for shareholders? Considering that they lost the funds, shouldn't they reimburse all investors at the last current price?

If not, I would like to hear why you don't think you should have to do that usagi... Your the one that fucked up
usagi
VIP

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:33:35 PM

Does BMF still not have access to its wallet (I read a few days ago that they might be able to recover it)? If not, what is the BMF operator going to do for shareholders? Considering that they lost the funds, shouldn't they reimburse all investors at the last current price?

If not, I would like to hear why you don't think you should have to do that usagi... Your the one that fucked up

If you don't want to get your post deleted, just ask the question and don't use foul language.

P.S. I don't really give a fuck what you or anyone thinks about moderation, but foul language is simply not acceptable for a news release thread. Deal with it, bitch.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: