Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:54:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea: A fund for an alternative Bitcoin development team.  (Read 7981 times)
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 09:33:00 AM

solution:
git clone https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin.git

FORK THE CLIENT!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 12:10:55 PM

I'm very close to putting this guy on ignore.  Roll Eyes

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 03:49:26 PM

the other thing that Gavin has demonstrated is consistency and stability.  i can only imagine the large number of ppl who have tried to coerce or manipulate Gavin in who knows how many different ways that could've greatly changed or destroyed the protocol as we've come to know it. 

the guy above says that Gavin should have a more "human" element.  i think he's already demonstrated himself to be very approachable and friendly and is available to explain and defend the approach he's taken with Bitcoin.  he turns out to be a great ambassador.

Satoshi chose him for a reason and it was to maintain the principles and tenets of what he created.  this is the contract that most of us have signed up for.
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 08:58:42 PM

The loyalty in this thread concerns me.

In essence, I'm scared of one person having influence over Bitcoin's protocol. I trust nobody and neither should you. Bitcoin is a powerful technology and if anything will kill it, corruption will.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 09:51:40 PM

In essence, I'm scared of one person having influence over Bitcoin's protocol. I trust nobody and neither should you. Bitcoin is a powerful technology and if anything will kill it, corruption will.
Good luck with that, I want to see your version of the client, security holes and all. Can't improve it yourself? Then stfu.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 09:57:22 PM

I think that the main problem is that any dark force cannot threaten satoshi
but they can do that with development team   

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 10:06:26 PM

Good luck with that, I want to see your version of the client, security holes and all. Can't improve it yourself? Then stfu.
Why would anyone improve something if they don't know what to improve? I will continue to speak. All voices need to be heard regardless of skill.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 10:22:27 PM

Why would anyone improve something if they don't know what to improve? I will continue to speak. All voices need to be heard regardless of skill.

or logic.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 11:59:32 AM

The issue you are talking about is a non-issue in the Open Source world.
In free software world, if you don't like something, and you have valid logical arguments that something is wrong, then you make a fork, convince people and they will follow you (if you are "worthy" of course).

The old times are gone. One can be truly free to choose between different software/digital currency systems, if only he desires it.

If the things Gavin is doing were really bad, somebody would notice (sooner or later) - the openess of the source guarantees that. And scandal like that would surely fork the project. People would move to the new, better project. Justice is served.

----
So please, really - stop talking jibberish and give me arguments.
Show what is so wrong in the code, that Gavin needs to be fired. Do a code review. Hire a programmer/software analyst/ to inspect Bitcoin's source.

But if you have no such arguments, you can also shut up.

ptshamrock

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 12:18:53 PM

Have you ever tried funding primary development team? Just curious

:+1 !!!!!

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 12:49:32 PM

Have you ever tried funding primary development team? Just curious

:+1 !!!!!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/24/linux_kernel_randd_estimate_u_of_oviendo/

It would cost approx. 1 bln of euros (old 2010 data, currently probably 50% more) for EU to make Linux.
**And they still would not make it right**.

I wonder how much would Bitcoin cost right now ? Hundereds thousands ?
Programmers that can code Bitcoin aren't cheap - that i can tell.

film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 04:32:44 PM

If I was part of an alternative development team,I can contribute design ideas and help with the layout and user interface plus make it more user friendly as well assuming I can get the job. Do development teams focus on desgn more or is it coding,or both?

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 05:26:33 PM

If I was part of an alternative development team,I can contribute design ideas and help with the layout and user interface plus make it more user friendly as well assuming I can get the job...

Why not offer your services to the existing development team? I am sure they could use people to do all kind of things.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 10:20:53 PM

March 11, 2012.

Expect big things. You heard it here first.
So, what about these things, Atlas?
http://bitkoin.su

What the hell is this?  You think this is going to make an impact?  LOL, lame.

Either add something of value to the community or shut up.  Flinging your FUD on productive contributors just makes you look foolish.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 12:40:44 AM

Server not found  Cool

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 12:42:15 AM

Server not found  Cool
LOL I forgot about that one. I wondered how long it was going to be before he lost interest and abandoned it, or got it shut down or whatever happened to it.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 12:54:01 AM

How would a new development team solve the problem of having significant power in the hands of the few?

"Loyalty" is a misnomer. Mostly anti-trolling and anti-flaming sentiment. I'm not suggesting that you intend to do either, but you come across that way.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 02:17:55 AM

My gut feeling is that most of the dev team, and Gavin in particular, are way on the plus side in the Bitcoin community.  If someone choose to characterize the community and project as a cesspool I would have to stretch to come to it's defense to be honest.  But I probably would in many environments...just not on bitcointalk.org.

My gut sense is that due to the current dev team, Bitcoin will fail as a result of it's success rather than for less pleasant reasons.  That has a lot to do with why I keep a pretty significant bet on it.  The other reason is that I expect that having a foot in the Bitcoin door is the most likely way to move into whatever comes after be that an evolution of Bitcoin or a replacement which builds on some of the trails that Bitcoin has blazed.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 03:43:06 AM

Maybe the mods should lock all Atlas threads every time he gets banned.  He's on a posting frenzy over at reddit if you want to catch up with his latest ideas/philosophy/bullshit dribbling.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: