Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:12:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-05-30] Argentina gets home-grown Exchange, defies Central Bank  (Read 1457 times)
aliceHortrex (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 12:16:58 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/111616/argentina_gets_home_grown_exchange_defies_central_bank

Amid warnings from its central bank, the Argentinean Bitcoin community is still expanding apace with the opening of Bitex.la, a pioneering local exchange for Bitcoin and Litecoin.

Billed as “the first Hispanic market for buying and selling Litecoin and Bitcoin in real-time,” Bitex.la is the brainchild of Argentine Nubis Bruno, and is currently active in several countries after securing a US$2 million investment from the group behind financial consultants Jenkins & Keane Ltd., based in London.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:25:26 PM

Well... if the Central Bank is hostile to them, I am not sure for how long they can survive. But at the same time, Argentina is not an anti-Bitcoin country. The ruling class is mostly indifferent to Bitcoin.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 06:08:25 PM

also Litecoin, nice  Smiley

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 08:52:11 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/latin-america-bitcoin-exchange-bitex-la-2-million/

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:50:06 PM

Of anyone is wondering why Bitcoin would become a huge success... here is the reason:

_wayfarer_

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 03:15:54 PM

Of anyone is wondering why Bitcoin would become a huge success... here is the reason:

Haha, maybe in the future, but have you looked at a chart for bitcoin lately?

Try my free BTC price alerts | In the 20th century, the United States endured two world wars and other traumatic and expensive military conflicts; the Depression; a dozen or so recessions and financial panics; oil shocks; a flu epidemic; and the resignation of a disgraced president. Yet the Dow rose from 66 to 11,497 - Warren Buffet
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:32:38 PM

I was talking about inflation and the devaluation of currency. And Bitcoin is not affected by inflation. If we check the Bitcoin charts, all that we will get to see is deflation, instead of inflation.
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:37:57 PM

I guess we'll see the future of bitcoin happening first in countries with several monetary problems, like high inflation and capital controls, because there the motivation to get bitcoin is something urgent.

Even the high interest rates don't compensate for the inflation.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
_wayfarer_

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 03:52:50 PM

I was talking about inflation and the devaluation of currency. And Bitcoin is not affected by inflation. If we check the Bitcoin charts, all that we will get to see is deflation, instead of inflation.
Yeah, I was talking more about the general volatility. However I would completely disagree that BTC is not affected by inflation. Any time your buying power decreases, you have inflation. Can any of us say that has never happened to our personal buying power? Of course, over the long-term BTC does deflate.

Try my free BTC price alerts | In the 20th century, the United States endured two world wars and other traumatic and expensive military conflicts; the Depression; a dozen or so recessions and financial panics; oil shocks; a flu epidemic; and the resignation of a disgraced president. Yet the Dow rose from 66 to 11,497 - Warren Buffet
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:26:45 PM

Yeah, I was talking more about the general volatility. However I would completely disagree that BTC is not affected by inflation. Any time your buying power decreases, you have inflation. Can any of us say that has never happened to our personal buying power? Of course, over the long-term BTC does deflate.

In the normal scenario, the purchase power of Bitcoin will increase proportional to its popularity. Right now, some 1 million people are using Bitcoins. The purchase power will increase by 100 times, if 100 million people use it.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:29:21 PM

Bitcoin adoption is a matter of speculation (and thus so is it's price inflation), however it's monetary inflation is not (roughly around 10% at the moment, but will only get better, getting close to 0%).  On the other hand, continuous monetary inflation of fiat currencies (and especially in situations like Argentina) is a given.
You make your own conclusions on what people will eventually choose, and what that will mean for price levels ....  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: