Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:36:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin Liberation Army  (Read 6525 times)
c-rock (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

I love the Cloud, and Love Mining, how 2 combine?

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2011, 02:07:19 AM

Hello All,
my first post on this board.   I been mining since Feb of this year, and I love it.   I also am a Max Keiser Fan.   He started the Silver Liberation Army.

I am here today to start the BitCoin Liberation Army.

What do you all think?

c-rock

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2011, 02:25:19 AM

Odd.  Smiley I'm sure now that Anonymous is starting to use Bitcoin, if Bitcoin was ever "attacked", I'm sure they'd come to the rescue! LOL.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2011, 03:02:46 AM

Quote from: c-rock

What do you all think?
I am mostly a pacifist.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2011, 03:05:21 AM

Quote from: c-rock

What do you all think?
I am mostly a pacifist.

Throwing Bitcoins at people hurts them a lot less than silver rounds.

This revolution will work because it doesn't need a single ounce of violence.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
The Script

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 03:17:54 AM

Hello All,
my first post on this board.   I been mining since Feb of this year, and I love it.   I also am a Max Keiser Fan.   He started the Silver Liberation Army.

What do you all think?

c-rock

What does this mean?  What would the BitCOin LIberation Army do?  I might join....if you pay me in BitCoins.  Wink
c-rock (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

I love the Cloud, and Love Mining, how 2 combine?

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2011, 04:09:56 AM

http://silverliberationarmy.com/

for those who do not know whats going on.   Folks are buying silver to take down the Naked short positions JP Morgan has going on.   To take out the banks who have done so much financial trouble in the world

I see Bitcoin as a way to do transactions outside of the banking system.   

So what will the  BLA do?    That is the question I have myself in what it could do.   

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2011, 04:24:37 AM

for those who do not know whats going on.   Folks are buying silver to take down the Naked short positions JP Morgan has going on.   To take out the banks who have done so much financial trouble in the world

So what will the  BLA do?    That is the question I have myself in what it could do.   

Getting out of the dollar hurts the whole complex. I'll be very happy when my day-to-day money, bankroll, and savings are all able to be in coins.

silvercardbank

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2011, 03:02:44 PM

bit coin needs to  be freely exchanged with silver and gold,so you can store your surplus wealth of bitcoin in the pyisical world of assets, just the same as you securely store them in your electronic wallet.

Both these methods of storing value support each other.

The bitcoin coin and silver bug community fit together perfectly. both systems of storing value support the other in principle giving the currency more legs of credibility.

when all those collecting silver get educated about bit coin, know they can buy silver with bit coin they will use bit coin.

When all those using bitcoin get educated about silver, jp morgan,  & how the banking system works,
 they will steer clear of banks and the exchanges linked to them & buy silver.

there is no point in having a new currency if banks, visa , mastercard are the means of exchange.
 silver is the perfect medium of exchange, keeping 100% control of the system in the hands of the people.

http://meta.witcoin.com/p/1294/How-To-Buy-Silver--Gold-With-Bitcoin

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-oz-Silver-Gold-Coins-Bitcoin-bit-coin-/190525759070?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5c385e5e

Current-C

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 07:29:52 PM

bit coin needs to  be freely exchanged with silver and gold,so you can store your surplus wealth of bitcoin in the pyisical world of assets, just the same as you securely store them in your electronic wallet.

I couldn't agree more.  Eventually the bitcoin community will figure out that there is no point trading bitcoins for a government sponsored depreciating currency and they will flock to gold and silver.  Bitcoins my have more upside than silver right now but silver is hands down the safer bet.  I'm afraid there are a large number of people here that have overextended themselves with BTC and will get wiped out at the next big pullback.  Better to hold your savings in a couple different forms of hard assets and ride out the volitility.

Glad to see there are at least a couple other silver bugs here as well.  Grin 

AmpEater

Activity: 232

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 07:40:10 PM

Getting out of the dollar hurts the whole complex. I'll be very happy when my day-to-day money, bankroll, and savings are all able to be in coins.

Ditto^

I feel like I'm going to like learning about this whole S.L.A thing...because it mirrors the reasons I've gotten into bitcoin. Of course it'd be silly for me to put 100% into bitcoin right now, so it's good to have some similar avenues to pursue as well.
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 09:32:09 PM

"when all those collecting silver get educated about bit coin, know they can buy silver with bit coin they will use bit coin."

Why? Right now they buy silver with USD, in order to use bitcoin they would most likely buy BTC with USD making bitcoin a pointless middle man...
Current-C

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 09:54:05 PM

"when all those collecting silver get educated about bit coin, know they can buy silver with bit coin they will use bit coin."

Why? Right now they buy silver with USD, in order to use bitcoin they would most likely buy BTC with USD making bitcoin a pointless middle man...

At some point there will be enough of a silver/bitcoin market that people will exhange bitcoins for silver when they think bitcoins are high, and silver for bitcoins when they think silver is high, and skip the usd until they need it to transact with someone that does not accept btc or silver.  I think eventually (after the bitcoin market has matured) the btc/silver ratio will stabilize and form a much lower volatility trading range.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 10:00:37 PM

I couldn't agree more.  Eventually the bitcoin community will figure out that there is no point trading bitcoins for a government sponsored depreciating currency and they will flock to gold and silver.  Bitcoins my have more upside than silver right now but silver is hands down the safer bet.  I'm afraid there are a large number of people here that have overextended themselves with BTC and will get wiped out at the next big pullback.  Better to hold your savings in a couple different forms of hard assets and ride out the volitility.

Glad to see there are at least a couple other silver bugs here as well.  Grin 

before we start this debate of PM's vs. btc, i will say i started investing in gold and silver back in 2005 with gold at $550 and silver at $9.  this week i liquidated 3 bags of junk silver and converted to btc after what amts to a 500% profit in silver.  i still hold over half my holdings in bullion and won't sell any gold.  clearly i am a PM's bull but turning less so and very much a btc bull.  i believe that digital currency is the future.  the question is does it have to be backed by PM's to be successful?  i don't think so.  as a former Goldmoney holder, which i think is the std, i don't see that gold backed digital currency community growing at all esp. in comparison to btc.  why is this so?  1. few ppl can afford PM's at this price in terms of per ounce, 2. even if they could afford they can't transport it to London or Switzerland where their vaults are to then set up a digital acct, 3. u can only transact with other Goldmoney accts, 4.  even if Goldmoney vaults or other vendor vaults were located around the world it becomes impractical to move the stuff around to balance out accts, 5. the digital age demands an easier way to transact.  evidence of this is the M-Pesa in Kenya.  as long as the amt of btc is not allowed to inflate beyond its stated objectives it will grow in value and be a much more effective way to transact than PM's.  i think that todays speed of transaction and efficiency MAY have made PM's impractical.   PM's are a play on armageddon where the whole internet gets junked b/c of severe worldwide depression and deflation.  this would do btc in for sure.  i just don't think we get that bad, altho it IS going to get bad.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 10:01:37 PM

exactly.  the logic is not there.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 10:09:29 PM

i would also ask those of you PM bulls above, have u bought any btc's yet thru the client or transacted in any way with btc?  have u sent or received?  do not make any judgments until u do.  once u do, you will be amazed at what u just did in moving money around and how easy it was w/o paying any fees.  u cannot do that with PM's.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2011, 10:27:22 PM

i would also ask those of you PM bulls above, have u bought any btc's yet thru the client or transacted in any way with btc?  have u sent or received?  do not make any judgments until u do.  once u do, you will be amazed at what u just did in moving money around and how easy it was w/o paying any fees.  u cannot do that with PM's.

I know! I love gold, but damn, you can put $1M on a flash drive with bitcoin. Or send $20 to your sister. It's freaking useful.

BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 10:59:15 PM

PM's are a play on armageddon where the whole internet gets junked b/c of severe worldwide depression and deflation.  this would do btc in for sure.  i just don't think we get that bad, altho it IS going to get bad.

I've never quite understood this. If we're talking a Mad Max type situation, is anybody going to want gold, except perhaps for its industrial uses? I think oil, food, or other useful consumables will be in much higher demand.
rezin777

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 11:11:20 PM

I've never quite understood this. If we're talking a Mad Max type situation, is anybody going to want gold, except perhaps for its industrial uses? I think oil, food, or other useful consumables will be in much higher demand.

Indeed those items would be in very high demand, but I think there will still be a demand for gold. I'm sure there are smart or paranoid people out there that have stockpiles of goods ready for teotwawki. I also assume they have trades. How are you going to get that well prepared dentist to fill your cavity or that well prepared doctor to remove your appendix? He already has everything he needs to survive for quite some time. I would think a couple ounces of the shiny metal would come in handy in a situation like this. Of course, this is all just speculation. It would depend on exactly how far society is set back. It's probably not a good investment to buy gold just for teotwawki either! Unless you already have plenty of water, beans and bullets.  Grin

I imagine alcohol would be quite valuable. Ethyl that is...
silvercardbank

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2011, 11:21:17 PM

i am very bullish on bitcoin, i am not saying it has to be backed by silver, just pointing out that they have similar characteristics. both seem a good place to store value, and if your investment is split beetween these two options you are hedging your bets whatever the outcome.

If bitcoin is a  roaring success and the dollar dives silver will still be worth loads in bit coin as it is consumed in all those electronics in a good economy.

if bitcoin fails and we do have a massive depression silver will have more use and purchasing power than gold.

Gold has no use and it is horded, therefore there is lots of it now above ground.
there is less silver above ground than there is gold, as it has mostly been consumed.

therefore silver would be worth more than gold if the price was not artificially manipulated down by the market makers dumping silver paper.

when these guys are exposed, silver will return to its true value as expressed in food, land, or homes to live in ....not usd.

I don't think it is too far out of the box to say bitcoin will meet parity with 1 oz of silver.
and a usd will be equal to some micro of a bitcoin or something very similar like www.witcoin.com

imagine what this system would be like if facebook rewarded everyone a micro payment for the valuable information they enter and started facecoin.

that would be the end of bitcoin, but i would still have my silver to buy facecoin with.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 11:29:10 PM

PM's are a play on armageddon where the whole internet gets junked b/c of severe worldwide depression and deflation.  this would do btc in for sure.  i just don't think we get that bad, altho it IS going to get bad.

before btc came along, i was a big believer in Bob Prechter's theory of dollar down, everything else up (incl PM's); dollar up, everything else down.  if u look at mkts u can pretty much see this is exactly what has happened since the advent of the Fed and even more tightly correlated since 1971 when the gold std was revoked.  paradoxically, acc. to Prechter, if we go into a depression (we had a small whiff of this in 2008), the dollar will skyrocket and everything else will crash incl. PM's.  If you look at FerBanke's actions in light of this theory, u clearly see he believes we r on the brink of severe deflation and depression which is why he has pulled out all the stops and more in inflating the money supply.  amazingly he has sparked the greatest stock mkt rally ever since the bottom Mar 2009.  the question is whether we're in another bubble. i think we are.  BTC was spawned by Satoshi precisely b/c of worldwide central bank reflation.  so it is an inflationary phenomenon as far as i'm concerned and certainly will flourish in that environment.  the real question is what happens to BTC if everything goes into reverse and we re enter the deflationary spiral b/c some bubble blows up somewhere like the Middle East or a European default.  it certainly could crash as well as the dollar skyrockets.  why would the dollar skyrocket.  b/c 60% of world debt is USD and would have to be liquidated severely contracting USD money supply and paradoxically increasing its value.  up until recently i believed BTC would crash as well but i'm increasingly leaning against that view.  why?  b/c i think the drive towards BTC popularity will be b/c of its inherent STABILITY.  the problem with the USD is its INSTABILITY with a bias to the downside.  every business owner incl myself hates this volatility making it hard to make longterm business decisions.  the Fed doesn't understand this.  i don't think the 2nd Great Depression takes down the internet or smartphone technology and will be the winner in the end vs gold and USD.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: