Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:04:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should the ActM mods stop deleting posts for a trial period of one week with a view to permanently ceasing their activity and thus eliminating accusations of censorship at the expense of giving the trolls a free reign?  (Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 12:15:47 AM)
Yes - 14 (73.7%)
No - 5 (26.3%)
Total Voters: 19

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ActM - censorship vs winning the war on trolls  (Read 961 times)
zumzero (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 12:15:47 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 12:58:29 AM by zumzero

"It's an imperfect world which is part of its charm and the 'funny' trolls have more charm than the ugly mods who censor everything and can't even induce Stockholm syndrome."

While the ActM thread was created to combat the troll issue it seems things may have gone too far in the opposite direction and because of that I wanted to create this poll.

So we either remove all modding or we don't.  This poll is asking if we should entertain the idea before potentially deciding to implement it.

zumzero

ActM mod

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitlind

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:18:09 AM

Put it to rest already, there is some 4 different ActiveScam threads already.  You are not the only security in town, if you have to poll this then you have your answer
zumzero (OP)

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 12:22:35 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 01:02:07 AM by zumzero

No

Edit;  we might not be the only security in town but we remain at the top of the charts because no other security in town can provide the same drama that we do.  And anyway, this is a poll not a new thread.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:26:33 AM

As you guys should know already, deleting posts doesn't make the trolls go away. In fact it does the opposite.
zumzero (OP)

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 12:38:38 AM

Actually the trolls are no longer an issue as we've done an excellent job at denying their voice.  

It's felt by some that the modding is very heavy handed and I'm looking to discover which is the lesser of two evils.  We all know that power corrupts and when btc is at stake perhaps people are more inclined to act in a dictatorial way.  Perhaps I may be guilty of that myself and am keen to know what the consensus is so that the thread can move forward and not be blighted one way or another.

My thinking is that there is no middle ground.  Its simply a choice of two imperfect solutions.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:13:34 AM

Zumzero.  Stop gettin' all highfalutin and sanctimonious on us, you're drunk.
Puke, suck down some water, and sleep it off.
You're an embarrassment to everyone now, zumzero.  Stop being such an embarrassment Angry
zumzero (OP)

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 01:40:48 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 01:58:52 AM by zumzero

You've lost your cool man.  You used to sugar coat your venomous thoughts with 'funny' images of rainbows, unicorns and rapist vans but now you can't seem to conceal you outright hatred for me.  I've no idea why you have to demonise alcohol the way you do.  I'm a despairing alcoholic and so is Ken according to you.  Suggests to me that perhaps you might be the one who has suffered the most at the sharp edge of that knife.  It's not my business to pry but please stop spoiling my Friday night in with a few tinnies.   Undecided

"Stop gettin' all highfalutin and sanctimonious on us..".    

Us?  hehe.  I think you do actually mean 'us'.    Grin  Quality.

Zumzero.  Stop gettin' all highfalutin and sanctimonious on us, you're drunk.
You're an embarrassment to everyone now, zumzero.  Stop being such an embarrassment Angry

Edit; I'm in Scotland mate so anyone here who isnae puking, sucking down Bangers & Buckie, voting YES and shaggin it aff on a Friday night IS an embarrassment.  Ask your dirty feline stops outs.  They know.

NotLambchop

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:53:14 AM

Didn't I just tell you to go sleep it off?  Didn't i tell you to GTFO Active Mining when it was trading above IPO?
Yes, I did.  
You didn't listen then either.
How now, brown cow?
zumzero (OP)

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 02:11:18 AM

Didn't I just tell you to go sleep it off?  Didn't i tell you to GTFO Active Mining when it was trading above IPO?
Yes, I did.  
You didn't listen then either.
How now, brown cow?

Oh my!  Everyone who is familiar with your M.O. will be as intrigued as I to learn why you lose your cool when you engage with me directly.   It's hilarious.  Talk to me.  What do you want from me?  I am more than happy to build bridges with you provided you don't try to jump on my bottom. If you do I might be forced to sell you the nearest UK bridge and you can sell me your ass in return.   Kiss

These are my bright sheep dogs, just do what they say and follow their instruction crumbs.

NotLambchop

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:13:58 AM

...What do you want from me?...

ty

zumzero (OP)

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 02:24:02 AM

Did I make you vote? Have I exercised control over you again?  Do I need your votes? *cough* Erm, No!

~honest~

PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:44:31 AM

*Thought I'd contribute to this valuable thread.

lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:25:26 PM

No need to ignore moderated threads, thankfully (can't plug this enough, lately).

Now people can gain insight into what is being censored. I love it!

Saving that, here is a nifty list of unmoderated threads:
Scam accusation thread
Hardware - Magzy thread
Hardware - RoadStress thread
Securities - Crumbs thread

Just ignore all moderated threads. That one lacks on informative content, despite being heavily moderated, compared to for example the unmoderated one, which even has less pages!

However, do not think this is enough - some global moderators like BadBear, Maged and SaltySpitoon have actively helped scammers in the past.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #awbqvM2D1ougiNFz

NotLambchop

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:55:54 PM

Things people do to feel needed...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: