Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:04:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you rather:...  (Read 2049 times)
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:52:36 AM

Would you rather: Make a lot of money doing a job that makes you miserable or barely make ends meet doing something you love? Thoughts?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
m2asia

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:08:41 AM

Would you rather: Make a lot of money doing a job that makes you miserable or barely make ends meet doing something you love? Thoughts?

Make a lot of money doing a job that makes me miserable, till I saved up enough, then do something I love.

Anyway, it depend on the person, is s/he is need to have a lot of money? Or is s/he capable of enduring that 'barely'. I think when we love something, we can go through that 'barely'...
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:13:56 AM

Make a lot of money doing a job that makes me miserable, till I saved up enough, then do something I love.

Anyway, it depend on the person, is s/he is need to have a lot of money? Or is s/he capable of enduring that 'barely'. I think when we love something, we can go through that 'barely'...
I have friends who loved taking photographs and cooking. Their parents told them 'you can't make a living doing those things. stop playing around!' but they persevered and now they are professionals in their own field! (One friend has his own restaurant)
My photographer friend even gets sponsored to travel around and take pictures of beautiful places like the Himalayas because his skills are just that good!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:18:13 AM

Do a job with plenty of money and be miserable for a while but if the job is similar to a broker your health could be at risk. In the end you take the fast car or the slow one both will arrive at there destination but one is more dangerous  Wink
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:20:52 AM

I'm actually planning on doing the former pretty soon here, depending on salary. It'll give me a lot of experience, and I'll have quite a lot in the bank, but life will be hell.

After I build up quite a savings, and experience, I'll go on from there. I might have my first child at that point, maybe not. Not sure.

sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:00:42 PM

I'm actually planning on doing the former pretty soon here, depending on salary. It'll give me a lot of experience, and I'll have quite a lot in the bank, but life will be hell.

After I build up quite a savings, and experience, I'll go on from there. I might have my first child at that point, maybe not. Not sure.
What if you get sick from that "life of hell"?You will have to invest all your savings in you health .......so is it worth that job ?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:03:24 PM

Everyone wants to do what they love to do Of course, not hard to choose, IF YOU NEED TO CHOOSE BETWEEN MONEY AND HAPPINESS? Of course you choose happiness without any doubt.   Smiley If we are happy what we need more? Nothing.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 12:21:18 PM

I'm currently in the barely make ends meet phase, in fact, I'm technically in debt, my parents are being nice enough to support me so I have no choice but to make sure I work my ass off so I can make some money, I have absolutely no idea how well it will go, this being the internet and all Tongue I think doing what you enjoy is always the best drive for actually making a lot of money because otherwise if it was something you'd hated then you'd never put in any effort.

That said, I've tried my best to keep costs down, I'm technically getting two subjects for the price of one ( University is stupidly expensive and inflexible for someone like me ) and I'm staying at home to cut the costs even more, so while that leaves me with pretty much no social life I'd say it's worth it considering how much I've learned in the past couple of years and yes, I find this infinitely more enjoyable than the idea of an office job or going to university.

All I want now is to be self-sufficient and have my own house! >_<
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:28:14 PM

^Get a real job, problem solved. Cool
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 12:37:22 PM

^Get a real job, problem solved. Cool

I can tell you I once applied for absolutely standard cleaner job ( I promise I wasn't being picky in the slightest, not like some of the people out there with masters degrees ) so I could work part time or something and it was taken the very same day, not just the next day, the exact same day it was posted up, I had called them up to see if that would increase my chances and get their attention.

People who tell unemployed people to get a job don't know that there really aren't any fucking jobs out there, not even basic ones, might be worth having a search around again but I'm very doubtful and I'm almost ready to release my products now anyway and I want to see how well that will go first, plus, building a business is way more fun despite the stress lol.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:17:12 PM

What if you get sick from that "life of hell"?You will have to invest all your savings in you health .......so is it worth that job ?

I was planning on living in the environment for about 4 years total (on and off over an 8 year period). The stress from 4 years of working this type of environment vs the chance of being a nervous wreck due to financials not being 100% there, I'll take the former.

As for my health:physically, my health would be improved. Mentally, it'll be a burden.

sj2199

Activity: 797
Merit: 500

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:44:20 PM

It depends on the type of jobs.. Roll Eyes

alistar

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:46:41 PM

I would be miserable and make a lot of money from my job. Only because living standards are going increase forever, and the money will make a difference.

Esp, when taxes are forever increasing as well.

The pay will also make up for me to take vacations too.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:54:05 PM

I have friends who loved taking photographs and cooking. Their parents told them 'you can't make a living doing those things. stop playing around!' but they persevered and now they are professionals in their own field! (One friend has his own restaurant)
My photographer friend even gets sponsored to travel around and take pictures of beautiful places like the Himalayas because his skills are just that good!

And they probably both make considerably more than if they had stuck with a job they disliked instead Tongue
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:56:23 PM

Probably 50/50. That would be the best solution for me.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:20:44 PM

I was planning on living in the environment for about 4 years total (on and off over an 8 year period). The stress from 4 years of working this type of environment vs the chance of being a nervous wreck due to financials not being 100% there, I'll take the former.

As for my health:physically, my health would be improved. Mentally, it'll be a burden.

You already are living in "the environment", aren't you? Aren't we all?
onlinepro

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:07:19 PM

Well, it depens how horrible that other job would be.
I guess I would do the higher paying one.

commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:05:42 PM

If I had my choice, I'd probably work the shitty job just long enough to build up a decent reputation as a freelancer (or until I get fired, whichever comes first), and then just focus on my energies on being a freelancer. A freelancer's income is pretty variable -- sometimes I can pick up a lot of work and sometimes no one seems to know I exist -- but it can work if you just remember to put your extra money into Bitcoin or something during the good months.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 09:13:30 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 11:56:16 PM by roslinpl

I can say what I will do for sure as I am doing it from quite a time :-)

I do what I love to do and even if sometimes I have bills to pay from over two months and I haven't got money to buy new things I do what I do and I believe one day fruit of my labour will come.

I was working for eight years in a job that wasn't my dream but was giving much much better money than I have now but I asked myself what is more important?

EDITED: <PG>

BTC
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:43:05 PM

As Bob Dylan said "What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do".

So, nothing like doing what we like.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: