Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:35:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will Satoshi Nakamoto become the richest person on earth?
Definitely - 16 (28.6%)
Likely - 9 (16.1%)
No idea - 9 (16.1%)
Unlikely - 16 (28.6%)
Impossible - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 56

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Satoshi Nakamoto become the richest person on earth?  (Read 4301 times)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:34:05 AM

if based on 1m bitcoins, means he/they are worth half billion right now.

Will Satoshi Nakamoto ever become the world's richest person? Huh

whats going to happen?

I sure hope not. He once said on the forums something to the effect of "lost coins are a donation to everyone else" so I'm hoping that he considers those coins lost and won't ever tap them.

I do too, but not sure whether he considers his lost.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cccarnation

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:41:00 AM

The idea that Satoshi, in 20 years, could potentially be the richest man in the world, and still have his identity concealed, would make for an awesome novel. You come imagine the "Forbes Richest People" list, with a dark silhouette for the #1 spot.

PalmerLaura

Activity: 116

IPSX: Distributed Network Layer

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:50:43 AM

The idea that Satoshi, in 20 years, could potentially be the richest man in the world, and still have his identity concealed, would make for an awesome novel. You come imagine the "Forbes Richest People" list, with a dark silhouette for the #1 spot.

This is actually part 06 of a novel I am publishing elsewhere in installments.
http://k.lenz.name/LB/?p=9828

MICRO
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037

CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 10:03:14 AM

Hahahaa... That would be quite awesome. Cheesy
Maybe Satoshi is a Zodiac, he was never been found Cheesy . Not many people i the world succeeded at that.

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀████     ████                  ████
▄████▀            ████    ████▌                 ▐████
█████           ▄████▀   ▐████                  ████▌    ▄▄
█████           ▀▀▀▀    ▄█████████▀            ▐████   ▄███▀
 █████▄           ▄▄███████████▀▀   ▄▄▄▄       ████  ▄███▀
   ▀█████▄▄       ▀████▀████▀     ▄████▀███   ▐███████▀▀        ▄▄▄▄
      ▀███████▄        ▐████    ▄████  ▐██▌   ███████        ▄███▀ ██▌
         ▀▀██████▄▄    ████    ▄███▀   ███   ▐███▌███      ▄███▀  ▄██▌
    ▄▄▄▄     ▀▀█████  ▐████    ████   ▄███   ████ ▐███    ▐████▄▄███▀
  █████▀▀      ▀████▌ ▐████▄▄██████▄▄█████▄▄█████  ▀███   ████
 ████▀          ████▌  ▀████▀▀  ▀████▀  ▀██▀ ███▀   ▀███  ▀████▄▄▄▄██
████▌          █████        ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄▄ ▀███   ▀▀████▀▀
████▄       ▄▄████▀       ▄█▀   ▀ ▄█▀  ▀█▄ ██▀▀██▀▀██▀███▄▄      ▄▄██
 ██████████████▀▀  ▄███▄  ██▄     ██▄  ▄██ ██  ██  ██   ▀▀█████████▀▀
   ▀██████▀▀▀      ▀███▀   ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ██  ██  ██

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
oureptsC

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:34:59 AM

Maybe Satoshi is a Zodiac, he was never been found Cheesy . Not many people i the world succeeded at that.

No need to wait 20 years, I'm sure there are already people like this. The riches people are not in fobres really. Like you said the richest people are with a dark silhouette and no one knows them publicly. I have no idea who they are but  maybe something like a group of 100 illuminati  people that own trillions around the world and control big part of all worlds economy or something like that Tongue  It's just rumors your choice to believe this or not to but It sounds pretty logically for me Cheesy

MICRO
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037

CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 10:40:34 AM

No need to wait 20 years, I'm sure there are already people like this. The riches people are not in fobres really. Like you said the richest people are with a dark silhouette and no one knows them publicly. I have no idea who they are but  maybe something like a group of 100 illuminati  people that own trillions around the world and control big part of all worlds economy or something like that Tongue  It's just rumors your choice to believe this or not to but It sounds pretty logically for me Cheesy

Well i dont think somebody with only a pseudonym "Satoshi Nakimoto" can get on the forbes list Smiley . Especially when his wealth is not in fiat or asets, its in Bitcoin, unless he decide to sold them all for fiat that is Cheesy LOL .

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀████     ████                  ████
▄████▀            ████    ████▌                 ▐████
█████           ▄████▀   ▐████                  ████▌    ▄▄
█████           ▀▀▀▀    ▄█████████▀            ▐████   ▄███▀
 █████▄           ▄▄███████████▀▀   ▄▄▄▄       ████  ▄███▀
   ▀█████▄▄       ▀████▀████▀     ▄████▀███   ▐███████▀▀        ▄▄▄▄
      ▀███████▄        ▐████    ▄████  ▐██▌   ███████        ▄███▀ ██▌
         ▀▀██████▄▄    ████    ▄███▀   ███   ▐███▌███      ▄███▀  ▄██▌
    ▄▄▄▄     ▀▀█████  ▐████    ████   ▄███   ████ ▐███    ▐████▄▄███▀
  █████▀▀      ▀████▌ ▐████▄▄██████▄▄█████▄▄█████  ▀███   ████
 ████▀          ████▌  ▀████▀▀  ▀████▀  ▀██▀ ███▀   ▀███  ▀████▄▄▄▄██
████▌          █████        ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄▄ ▀███   ▀▀████▀▀
████▄       ▄▄████▀       ▄█▀   ▀ ▄█▀  ▀█▄ ██▀▀██▀▀██▀███▄▄      ▄▄██
 ██████████████▀▀  ▄███▄  ██▄     ██▄  ▄██ ██  ██  ██   ▀▀█████████▀▀
   ▀██████▀▀▀      ▀███▀   ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ██  ██  ██

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
Catmoonglow

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:03:14 AM

There was interesting story about bitcoins at $123.000 in 2023 and Satoshi worthing $94 billion
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1pqdy0/bitcoins_at_123000_in_2023_satoshi_worth_94/
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:14:38 PM

The richest person on earth are central bankers, they bought essentially everything on the planet using money out of thin air, their worth is calculated by trillions

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:15:27 PM

It's pretty likely he'll become the world's first trillionaire
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:55:10 PM

It's pretty likely he'll become the world's first trillionaire

you can't jus tthrow things like that around without giving numbers for some context. if he is worth $1 billion now, then bitcoin at present would have to multiply by 1000 fold. to say that btc will hit 500k-650k is kind of ridiculous.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:18:43 PM

The richest person in the world at the moment is Bill Gates with $78 billion. If Satoshi has 1 million BTC (i believe he has much less than that, but whatever), then he will top Bill Gates when 1 BTC is worth more than $78,000. It is possible, but Bitcoin would have to replace half of the dollars in the world, and I don't think that will happen soon.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:32:25 PM

1) Satoshi is still alive
2) He most likely has control over those coins still (he invented bitcoin with damn near perfect, do you really think he'd be so careless to lose his private keys?)
3) He won't move those coins until bitcoin is super-main stream. Reason: If he started to move ANY of them now, everyone would know he has access to them, speculation of a bitcoin dump would began and people would sell bitcoin and drive the price back down to sub $10/coin maybe $1 per coin, thereby hurting his personal unrealized wealth and the future of bitcoin.
4) What will he do with the coins? Hopefully donate some, use some to fund needed bitcoin projects or lobbying, build infrastructure and keep some for himself.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:34:19 PM

-snip-

3) He won't move those coins until bitcoin is super-main stream. Reason: If he started to move ANY of them now, everyone would know he has access to them, speculation of a bitcoin dump would began and people would sell bitcoin and drive the price back down to sub $10/coin maybe $1 per coin, thereby hurting his personal unrealized wealth and the future of bitcoin.

-snip-

Precisely what Professor Bitcorn wants him to do. Satoshi comes this month to fulfil PB's prophecy :O

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:47:36 PM

-snip-

-snip-

Precisely what Professor Bitcorn wants him to do. Satoshi comes this month to fulfil PB's prophecy :O

He would not make such a mistake to start moving them this month while adoption is still in its infancy. Was your statement sarcasm or you really think BTC will hit $10 in the next 30 days?

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:02:45 AM

it's crazy how satoshi's $1 billion could be lost as a password or forgotten account info.. that kind of wealth hangs on a balance.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:05:54 AM

it's crazy how satoshi's $1 billion could be lost as a password or forgotten account info.. that kind of wealth hangs on a balance.

If he thought up Bitcoin, and managed to stay hidden this long, I doubt he's just using a password. Or relying on it, for that matter. And I'm pretty sure he's using a client, or such.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 12:25:45 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 12:47:53 AM by BitcoinFX

Thing is, he might become the first trillionaire too.

There are already trillionaires but since they own the rich lists they only mention the loosers (billionaires) because they want to stay anonymous.

The richest person on earth are central bankers, they bought essentially everything on the planet using money out of thin air, their worth is calculated by trillions

This.

"The Five" are estimated to have personal 'funds' in excess of 65 trillion dollars as 'petty cash' alone.

Wake up to who really runs the world folks. Looking at the forbes or times rich list is like looking at who is no.1 in the music industry charts this week and totally ignoring the music industry bosses, i.e. the ones really in control and having much more money.

See: http://rense.com/general79/tril.htm or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group

These are the > 0.01% of people that 'own' and have influence over the entire world. For good or for bad.

So, for Satoshi Nakamoto to become the 'richest' person on earth, well, that's very unlikely indeed.

Maybe SN enriched a lot of peoples lives though - then again maybe not - free will, destiny or luck considered.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
GoldSilverBitcoin

Activity: 80

Gold Silver Bitcoin: It's your choice

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 12:42:09 AM

Thing is, he might become the first trillionaire too.

I wouldn't be surprised if such illionaires existed already....

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:51:23 AM

If Satoshi becomes the richest man in the world it means the rest of us are really rich as well so he gets my vote.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:13:26 AM

Hopefully he doesn't forget his private keys... lol
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: