Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:10:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: artforz and coblee gpu mining litecoin since the start?  (Read 32573 times)
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 02:39:39 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2012, 02:18:29 AM by CoinHunter

Recently one of our developers mtrlt spent about 4 hours adding scrypt support to Reaper, the SolidCoin GPU miner.

http://solidcoin.info/reaper.html

It currently gets ~720KH/s on a 6990 . Is it possible the "botnet" or "darkpool" mining Litecoin is actually artforz and coblee who have been mining LiteCoin using an unfair advantage since the start? Conning litecoin users into thinking it's a CPU mining chain when in fact the GPU dominates it?

Artforz publicly admitted to creating a GPU miner for litecoin numerous times, however he also said his GPU miner of scrypt (the algorithm used in Litecoin and which he selected) only got 9KH/s on a 6870 GPU. This is suspicious when our developer can get massive improvements over CPU with only 4 hours of effort, on the order of 150 times faster than artforz. Either artforz is terrible at creating GPU miners or he lied to litecoin users.

Coblee, the "creator" of Litecoin, copy- pasted Artforz's code from Tenebrix and was communicating with him around the time of previous coin fairbrix and his latest attempt Litecoin. He went around giving the exact speech artforz did, so they both were involved in spreading the "GPU Hostile" mistruth . The fact that that it is found that the coin is far from GPU Hostile should lead to questions being asked of both coblee and artforz as to how and why they misled the public.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Matoking

Activity: 352

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 02:55:49 PM

I've been working on a Bitcoin CUDA miner that can reach 10 Ghash/sec on NVidia GeForce 9800 GT. True story.

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
Stokkie

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 02:56:18 PM

Where's the miner?
abbeytim

Activity: 438

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 02:58:29 PM

could be just a scam to scare people away from ltc
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 02:59:52 PM

Where's the miner?

We're currently "testing it" Tongue   .

mtrlt is on his own when it comes to releasing it publicly, v13 of Reaper also includes many other benefits many people have been waiting for (makes SC hash about 60% faster on CPU). He may never release it publicly, keep an eye on the SC forum or wiki, if it does get released it will be mentioned there first. Given how easy it is to actually do it if you're a good programmer I'm sure others will attempt it regardless.

It's funny some accusations here are flying about the claims. Despite the rumors we are very honest people who develop SolidCoin and I'm sure all the "facts" will be coming out soon. What is disappointing is the fact artforz and coblee have been misleading their users as to the viability of CPU mining on Litecoin.

I originally paid mtrlt in SolidCoins to get his SolidCoin GPU miner out to the public so everyone could mine on equal terms. I'm sure he would have done it eventually regardless because that's the sort of person he is but it shows my dedication to having an equal playfield for every SolidCoin user compared to coblee and artforz.

Stokkie

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 03:07:24 PM

Where's the miner?

mtrlt is on his own when it comes to releasing it publicly, v13 of Reaper also includes many other benefits many people have been waiting for (makes SC hash about 60% faster on CPU). He may never release it publicly, keep an eye on the SC forum or wiki, if it does get released it will be mentioned there first.

It's funny some accusations here are flying about the claims. Despite the rumors we are very honest people who develop SolidCoin and I'm sure all the "facts" will be coming out soon. What is disappointing is the fact artforz and coblee have been misleading their users as to the viability of CPU mining on Litecoin.

Why wouldn't he release it? Without this miner released it's just a bs claim
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 03:09:21 PM

Well he said it would be in v13, but it's free software and it's not like coblee is shelling up some coins to pay for it. Maybe ask artforz for the gpu miner he has been using for over 3 months.

Stokkie

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 03:13:29 PM

Maybe ask artforz for the gpu miner he has been using for over 3 months.

You have no proof for that at all, your're just making false accusations. I know one fact which might be frustrating, 1500btc bid on ltc vs 250 on sc. Good time to release some bad news
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 03:18:55 PM

You have no proof for that at all, just making pointless claims. I know one fact which might be frustrating, 1500btc bid on ltc vs 250 on sc. Good time to release some bad news

Many people will admit to the fact artforz has claimed "9KH/s" , he's publicly said it on btc-e chat and on IRC. You can't have a guy that makes a scrypt miner in 4 hours 25x faster than that without questions being raised.

In regards to "buy orders" , you do know SC is on multiple exchanges?

Check out the other major exchange :- http://slc24.com

I also don't really care about the price because I'm not in this for the money, but on last check the price of each SC is nearly 4x that of LiteCoin. If you're against banks, the system and government infringing your freedoms then you should get involved with our project. It's the only currency with a solution to the major problems facing Bitcoin.

Stokkie

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 03:25:03 PM

You have no proof for that at all, just making pointless claims. I know one fact which might be frustrating, 1500btc bid on ltc vs 250 on sc. Good time to release some bad news

Many people will admit to the fact artforz has claimed "9KH/s" , he's publicly said it on btc-e chat and on IRC. You can't have a guy that makes a scrypt miner in 4 hours 25x faster than that without questions being raised.

In regards to "buy orders" , you do know SC is on multiple exchanges?

Check out the other major exchange :- http://slc24.com

I also don't really care about the price because I'm not in this for the money, but on last check the price of each SC is nearly 4x that of LiteCoin. If you're against banks, the system and government infringing your freedoms then you should get involved with our project. It's the only currency with a solution to the major problems facing Bitcoin.

And you publicly 'claim' to be able to do it 25x faster.. how is that different without proof, and no "I'm mining litecoin" in some screenshot aint proof.
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 03:33:02 PM

And you publicly 'claim' to be able to do it 25x faster.. how is that different without proof, and no "I'm mining litecoin" in some screenshot aint proof.

So skeptical. Smiley  When haven't we delivered ? Either way you can think it doesn't exist and GPU mining is impossible until the Reaper v13 release if you wish.

The reason I'm announcing this publicly is because I think if we didn't people would realize we were hiding the truth "for some time" when the release is actually made. Just know some people are already GPU mining and it's a lot more efficient than CPUs. It's also likely others have been for some time but would rather not tell Litecoin users.

Fuzzy

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 03:34:00 PM

Wait, aren't you the ScamCoin guy? Sounds like an attempt to undermine Litecoin to me...
Matoking

Activity: 352

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 03:35:28 PM

That guy is a fake, my super optimized miner is a lot faster.

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 03:38:31 PM

Shouldn't this be in off-topic?
It is all without any single thread of actual proof anywhere.
It may be true - but hey I may be Satoshi (hmm I think I've proven that one false at least a few times Tongue)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 03:43:21 PM

It may be true - but hey I may be Satoshi (hmm I think I've proven that one false at least a few times Tongue)

Right if we didn't announce it and just release Reaper v13 with Litecoin/scrypt GPU mining in it we wouldn't be accused of "Raping litecoin for months" would we. Damned if you do damned if you don't. Tongue  . mtrlt got it working 2 days ago and I announced it today, that's a pretty tight disclosure period.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 03:51:05 PM

Where's the miner?

mtrlt is on his own when it comes to releasing it publicly, v13 of Reaper also includes many other benefits many people have been waiting for (makes SC hash about 60% faster on CPU). He may never release it publicly, keep an eye on the SC forum or wiki, if it does get released it will be mentioned there first. Given how easy it is to actually do it if you're a good programmer I'm sure others will attempt it regardless.
Well when you also say that - yeah you're just trolling and obviously just trying to get people to go to SC.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Stokkie

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 03:54:56 PM

Right if we didn't announce it and just release Reaper v13 with Litecoin/scrypt GPU mining in it we wouldn't be accused of "Raping litecoin for months" would we. Damned if you do damned if you don't. Tongue  . mtrlt got it working 2 days ago and I announced it today, that's a pretty tight disclosure period.

Well.. there still aint no proof. And "Raping litecoin for months" ?? That's total bs, that 6990 uses at least 350Watts. On my cpu's I do about .5 kh/s per watt so the gpu is only 42% more efficient per watt. Even if this is true it's not a big story really.
oscer

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 03:56:53 PM

I still would like to test this new GPU miner !

Xrnetworks.com Web Hosting
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 04:01:22 PM

I would like to see a unicorn that shits skittles.
zerokwel

Activity: 464

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 04:02:21 PM

I would like to see a unicorn that shits skittles.

+1
LOL quite funny Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: