Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:49:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: artforz and coblee gpu mining litecoin since the start?  (Read 32573 times)
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 11:50:17 PM

Oh and i have made some dozens of full custom chips at 28nm specifically tailored to mine bitcoin and litecoins. 1 terahash per chip. True story.

Ships in 4-6 weeks?

Laughed so hard!

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 11:56:19 PM

So I guess CH is really telling us its time to quickly buy some litecoins, because difficulty is about to explode Smiley.

So fast GPU mining of LTC would drive the price of Litecoins up?

RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 12:47:52 AM

What's funny to me about all this is that gpu mining the coin early before anyone else could is exactly what coinhunter did with SC Cheesy.   Such a douche.  You should be banned from this forum.

Huh
Well.. yeah, SC started out as a GPU chain.

Nope.  It started as CPU only, then a few weeks after launch they miraculously "turned on" GPU mining.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=44423.0

then

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49219.0

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:02:22 AM

In Litecoins, hashes mine themselves, and distribute to worthy miners automatically with gift of free electricity and unicorn-shatted skittles delivered by fairy Godmothers.

In ShortBusCoins, coins themselves are shit, as is Glorious Leader Dear DoucheBag/RS/CH King of All Delusion and FUD, Hysterical Chicken Little Bitch Princess of the Realm.

Who cares? RS/CH/Douchebag coming up with the scandal-of-the-moment announcement is a lot like a fish pissing in the ocean, it doesn't amount to much, and nobody really notices.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 01:11:57 AM

In Litecoins, hashes mine themselves, and distribute to worthy miners automatically with gift of free electricity and unicorn-shatted skittles delivered by fairy Godmothers.

In ShortBusCoins, coins themselves are shit, as is Glorious Leader Dear DoucheBag/RS/CH King of All Delusion and FUD, Hysterical Chicken Little Bitch Princess of the Realm.

Who cares? RS/CH/Douchebag coming up with the scandal-of-the-moment announcement is a lot like a fish pissing in the ocean, it doesn't amount to much, and nobody really notices.

epic, like always  Cheesy

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:12:30 AM

What's funny to me about all this is that gpu mining the coin early before anyone else could is exactly what coinhunter did with SC Cheesy.   Such a douche.  You should be banned from this forum.

Huh
Well.. yeah, SC started out as a GPU chain.

Nope.  It started as CPU only, then a few weeks after launch they miraculously "turned on" GPU mining.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=44423.0

then

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49219.0
SC2.0 did, SC was GPU Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
ArtForz

Activity: 406
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:15:14 AM

Well, from talking with Ahimoth on btc-e, sounds like mtrlt managed to find a workaround for the issues I was having with scrypt miner kernels on GPU.
Short version... any of my kernels that got speeds like that also got 100% invalids. Yet the same kernel worked fine on CPU or if I dropped global and/or local worksizes to silly small levels... which of course made it dog slow again...
And of course RS turning the whole thing into "OMG CONSPIRACY!!1one"... duh, it's RS.

bitcoin: 1Fb77Xq5ePFER8GtKRn2KDbDTVpJKfKmpz
i0coin: jNdvyvd6v6gV3kVJLD7HsB5ZwHyHwAkfdw
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:26:04 AM

Well, from talking with Ahimoth on btc-e, sounds like mtrlt managed to find a workaround for the issues I was having with scrypt miner kernels on GPU.
Short version... any of my kernels that got speeds like that also got 100% invalids. Yet the same kernel worked fine on CPU or if I dropped global and/or local worksizes to silly small levels... which of course made it dog slow again...
And of course RS turning the whole thing into "OMG CONSPIRACY!!1one"... duh, it's RS.

So you're just incompetent then? You get a scrypt miner working and then just give up after no more effort? Then go around telling people that it's unfeasible on GPU due to your few hour effort attempting to see if it was possible?

mrtlt did it in 4 hours.

So you're either incompetent or holding back the truth about how much GPU mining you have been doing. Seeing as you were passing around hidden SolidCoin GPU miners prior to mtrlt releasing one publicly I think your past speaks for itself, including Bitcoin GPU mining. It's hardly a conspiracy when your past is full of this exact thing, it's a logical deduction.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Ahimoth

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:30:48 AM

There were some opencl compiler related issues mtrlt ran into, however once they were identified it became relatively easy to work around them.
There is nothing in scrypt that actively prevents it from *running* on a gpu with multiple threads. It really just comes down to a matter of hashrate being bound to memory speeds.
Roadhog2k5

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:49:06 AM

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:03:19 AM

So you're just incompetent then? You get a scrypt miner working and then just give up after no more effort? Then go around telling people that it's unfeasible on GPU due to your few hour effort attempting to see if it was possible?
Who appointed you King Ethics? How did you determine that Artforz owes it to the community to develop the best scrypt miner and release it publicly?

Go crawl back to your own forums where you ban people that disagree with you and edit other people's posts to suit your own agenda.

Buy & Hold
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:06:22 AM

Who appointed you King Ethics? How did you determine that Artforz owes it to the community to develop the best scrypt miner and release it publicly?

Go crawl back to your own forums where you ban people that disagree with you and edit other people's posts to suit your own agenda.
LOL +1!
zerokwel

Activity: 464

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:07:30 AM

+1

If art could not be arsed to look into it so be it... Some people like him has a real Job to go to

Also talking about incompetent is that when someone tells you about a exploit and you decide not to fix it and then they exploit it... Oh hold on YES IT IS Smiley

ArtForz

Activity: 406
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:13:20 AM

Incompetent, or maybe not paid enough to really give a damn. Not to mention I said from the start that CPU coins are a fucking stupid idea because even a tiny botnet can trivially 51% em.

mrtlt did it in 4 hours.
So... *what* is that "trivial" bug, and how the fuck do you work around it? Oh right... "seekrit! neener neener!"

So you're either incompetent or holding back the truth about how much GPU mining you have been doing. Seeing as you were passing around hidden SolidCoin GPU miners prior to mtrlt releasing one publicly I think your past speaks for itself, including Bitcoin GPU mining. It's hardly a conspiracy when your past is full of this exact thing, it's a logical deduction.
Getting tired of calling me incompetent yet? No? Okay. keep on then...
So wait, I'm supposed to release a SC2 GPU miner to the public out of the goodness of my heart when you fuckwads publically spread defamatory comments about me? Kindly go fuck yourself.

As for how much GPU mining I have been doing, I had 24 5970s up until about late summer '11... then sold em, because at 0.22EUR/kWh keeping a mining farm after that would be kinda ... stupid, no?

And as for me publically admitting I gave away a SC2 GPU miner? well, did I ever claim otherwise? ... Wait, nobody ever asked! Just LOL ARTFORZ IS DICKMINER trolling from you, which I can honestly claim is false. Now if you said LOL ARTFORZ WROTE A SC2 MINER BY REING SC2 BETA AND GIVES IT TO WHOEVER ASKS... that'd be different. But no one ever came close to that.

So, let's play that game in reverse... why didn't any of your guys come up with the trivial optimization of turning the (really expensive on a GPU) 64 bit modulos in SC2s algo into (cheap) 32 bit sum-and-mod with carry? In months? Waaait, let me guess, they're all incompetent ... or they did. But hey, no reason to let those "parasite" miners outside of your inner circle have it, right?

bitcoin: 1Fb77Xq5ePFER8GtKRn2KDbDTVpJKfKmpz
i0coin: jNdvyvd6v6gV3kVJLD7HsB5ZwHyHwAkfdw
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:17:17 AM

or holding back the truth about how much GPU mining you have been doing.

Just like you did.

Snapman

Activity: 291

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 02:20:48 AM

Incompetent, or maybe not paid enough to really give a damn. Not to mention I said from the start that CPU coins are a fucking stupid idea because even a tiny botnet can trivially 51% em.

mrtlt did it in 4 hours.
So... *what* is that "trivial" bug, and how the fuck do you work around it? Oh right... "seekrit! neener neener!"

Getting tired of calling me incompetent yet? No? Okay. keep on then...
So wait, I'm supposed to release a SC2 GPU miner to the public out of the goodness of my heart when you fuckwads publically spread defamatory comments about me? Kindly go fuck yourself.

As for how much GPU mining I have been doing, I had 24 5970s up until about late summer '11... then sold em, because at 0.22EUR/kWh keeping a mining farm after that would be kinda ... stupid, no?

And as for me publically admitting I gave away a SC2 GPU miner? well, did I ever claim otherwise? ... Wait, nobody ever asked! Just LOL ARTFORZ IS DICKMINER trolling from you, which I can honestly claim is false. Now if you said LOL ARTFORZ WROTE A SC2 MINER BY REING SC2 BETA AND GIVES IT TO WHOEVER ASKS... that'd be different. But no one ever came close to that.

So, let's play that game in reverse... why didn't any of your guys come up with the trivial optimization of turning the (really expensive on a GPU) 64 bit modulos in SC2s algo into (cheap) 32 bit sum-and-mod with carry? In months? Waaait, let me guess, they're all incompetent ... or they did. But hey, no reason to let those "parasite" miners outside of your inner circle have it, right?

lawl

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
Sp0tter

Activity: 285

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:28:18 AM

I wish I could get blamed for being involved in some conspiracy once in a while  Sad

*goes back to his closet*

http://allchains.info - First to provide difficulty estimates for forks.
Snapman

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 02:30:06 AM

I wish I could get blamed for being involved in some conspiracy once in a while  Sad

*goes back to his closet*

the closet you ran back to is the conspiracy :O

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
Roadhog2k5

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:34:15 AM

and Artforz lays the crushing blow.
Snapman