Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:33:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: artforz and coblee gpu mining litecoin since the start?  (Read 32573 times)
Roadhog2k5

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:39:59 AM

and the hot chik under roadhogs name ftw

She can lay a blow on me any time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:40:39 AM

love dem saucy red heads. LOl

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
CAMOPEJB

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 03:16:58 AM

I heard that all SolidCoin blocks fund transfers to CoinHunter's personal wallet. When he gets tired of playing with SolidCoin, he's planning on cashing them out and killing the chain.
macboy80

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 03:21:40 AM

I can't resist... CH: You win the "Jester Award" I can't stop laughing whenever I read your posts.

That being said... Per ArtForz comment above, do we actually have a GPU miner for LTC?
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 03:36:25 AM

Recently one of our developers mtrlt spent about 4 hours adding scrypt support to Reaper, the SolidCoin GPU miner.

http://solidcointalk.org/topic/545-litecoin-scrypt-gpu-miner/

It currently gets ~250KH/s on a 6990 . This is after only 4 hours of optimization. Is it possible the "botnet" or "darkpool" mining Litecoin is actually artforz and coblee who have been mining LiteCoin using an unfair advantage since the start? Conning litecoin users into thinking it's a CPU mining chain when in fact the GPU dominates it?

Artforz is on the record as saying his GPU miner of scrypt only got 9KH/s on a 6870 GPU. Something suspicious here when our developer can get massive improvements over CPU with only 4 hours of effort. Either artforz is terrible at creating GPU miners or he lied to litecoin users.

I vote to BAN this little kid.

Ôôhh CARA CHATO!!
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 03:51:53 AM

Don't you just love that whole "OUR developer" thing? Just as if any of the socially awkward fan-boys who work on the ShortBusCoin are legit, educated programmers!

Wrong tootweasel, anyone involved in "development" (and by that we mean the completely incompetent and rather ham-fisted repackaging of other people's work with a few critically fucked up bugs added in, all released under an illegal copyright notice!) is an ass-clown just like their bitch-master. Oooh, your "developer"? Don't you mean the poor dumb bastard that you are currently ripping off code from and passing it off as your leet mad hakzor coding skillz? Those skillz make you, what was it again? Hundreds of imaginary dollars per hour? While living in your mom's rat-infested basement pleasuring yourself with lingerie ads? That kind of developer?

Listen, you have a whole cadre of believers (if two can be a cadre) on your own site. Why not hie your happy ass back there and have a group hug and tell yourselves conspiracy stories around the campfire about how aliens are real, tinfoil hats work, and ShortBusCoin is going to take over the world and allow you to implement your plan for world anarchy. Then Mommy can bring you all some warm milk and cookies and you can make shadow puppets with your secret decoder flashlights and marvel at how clever you are.
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 03:56:24 AM

Don't you just love that whole "OUR developer" thing? Just as if any of the socially awkward fan-boys who work on the ShortBusCoin are legit, educated programmers!

Wrong tootweasel, anyone involved in "development" (and by that we mean the completely incompetent and rather ham-fisted repackaging of other people's work with a few critically fucked up bugs added in, all released under an illegal copyright notice!) is an ass-clown just like their bitch-master. Oooh, your "developer"? Don't you mean the poor dumb bastard that you are currently ripping off code from and passing it off as your leet mad hakzor coding skillz? Those skillz make you, what was it again? Hundreds of imaginary dollars per hour? While living in your mom's rat-infested basement pleasuring yourself with lingerie ads? That kind of developer?

Listen, you have a whole cadre of believers (if two can be a cadre) on your own site. Why not hie your happy ass back there and have a group hug and tell yourselves conspiracy stories around the campfire about how aliens are real, tinfoil hats work, and ShortBusCoin is going to take over the world and allow you to implement your plan for world anarchy. Then Mommy can bring you all some warm milk and cookies and you can make shadow puppets with your secret decoder flashlights and marvel at how clever you are.

+9001

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 05:11:51 AM

[ ] told
[ ] not told
[X] Knights of the told Republic

CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 05:52:17 AM

Incompetent, or maybe not paid enough to really give a damn. Not to mention I said from the start that CPU coins are a fucking stupid idea because even a tiny botnet can trivially 51% em.

So... *what* is that "trivial" bug, and how the fuck do you work around it? Oh right... "seekrit! neener neener!"

Heh, so wait, let me try and understand this new story. You didn't get paid enough to do it on Scrypt coins (funnily enough an algorithm *you* chose for tenebrix that Coblee later copied for Litecoin) but you have time to :-
1) Reverse engineer a SolidCoin beta
2) Code up a GPU miner for it
3) Make it relatively efficient.

But when it comes to your love child chain it's like
1) I spent a whole 2 hours working on that and it didn't work
2) A frickin compiler bug stopped me! The legendary artforz!
3) Over the next 3 months you spend multiple hours talking about how GPUs can't run scrypt on IRC and BTC-e

Big difference there isn't it in regards to the time you put in for SolidCoin...  Grin If you want someone to believe this you need a new story, I guess we will have some "clarifications" coming up.

Getting tired of calling me incompetent yet? No? Okay. keep on then...
So wait, I'm supposed to release a SC2 GPU miner to the public out of the goodness of my heart when you fuckwads publically spread defamatory comments about me? Kindly go fuck yourself.

As for how much GPU mining I have been doing, I had 24 5970s up until about late summer '11... then sold em, because at 0.22EUR/kWh keeping a mining farm after that would be kinda ... stupid, no?

And as for me publically admitting I gave away a SC2 GPU miner? well, did I ever claim otherwise? ... Wait, nobody ever asked! Just LOL ARTFORZ IS DICKMINER trolling from you, which I can honestly claim is false. Now if you said LOL ARTFORZ WROTE A SC2 MINER BY REING SC2 BETA AND GIVES IT TO WHOEVER ASKS... that'd be different. But no one ever came close to that.

Oh you spam a chain and they bad mouth you. Diddums.  Cry Poor little artforz just does nothing to noone and people are picking on him. The big meanies.  Grin

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 06:11:05 AM

Hey little dude?

You need to get back on your meds, really fast. Your coin is crap, worthless and not even amusing as a joke anymore. You, personally, are even worse, a demented little creep with delusions of mattering, while dreaming of being elected Number One Anarchy Princess of the World. You are a mealy mouthed little con-man and limp-dick rip-off artist, with enough skillz to tip over a soft drink machine, but not enough common sense to get out of the way of it falling.

Every time you touch fingertip to keyboard you prove in all your fuckwit glory that the intellectual gene pool has a shallow end, and you are happily sitting there pissing yourself. Really, just step away from the keyboard, put down the Babysitters in Bondage lingerie catalogue, go get a big glass of water, and pop a couple of lithium, or Ritalin, or roofies or whatever your Mommy has you on to keep you quiet and drooling in the corner, because nobody, but nobody, here gives half a rat's ass about your silly fear-mongering and conspiracy theories.

Still smarting from somebody reverse-engineering your stolen, hacked and aborted code? Probably took them less than 15 minutes, while drinking and eating dinner. Still a little butt-hurt ouchy about making such a prize-ass of yourself over "ShortBusCoin to control all world economies and is even BETTER than bitcoin, now with improved cleaning formula!!!!" being shown to be rather juvenile posturing? Spending time looking for your sense of dignity after being schooled REPEATEDLY about your assinine claims of open source, superior coding, massive adoption, no pre-mine, completely transparent and honestly released uber-wonder-code? Still sad because you can't get that wonderful job back as Junior Assistant Trainee Floor Mopping Lackey at McAussie Burger?

Well, go have your little weird pity party in your own sandbox, and let the cats bury you with the other pieces of shit, because this venue neither believes, nor cares about your silly little nothings.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 06:20:51 AM

Decompilers ... yep tricky things them ... you need to spend weeks ... pressing return once.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 06:21:15 AM

Off the topic of personal attacks, but relevant to OP:

From what I understood from the start, SCrypt COULD be implemented over a GPU. The point was it SHOULDN'T because it was more efficient/profitable for miners to mine BTC.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 06:29:02 AM

Actually back when the CPU coins came out - a GPU scrypt miner would have made a lot more on the CPU chains if it was a lot faster than the equivalent CPU miner ...
I never made a lot in any of this, but I did make a few times more LTC mining early on than I made BTC GPU mining at the same time.
Now of course, well yeah certainly not worth it at the moment.

(but I certainly shouldn't Smiley say that I was the first one who argued that GPU scrypt mining should be possible back at the start ... and got shot down by most ... heh would be funny if I was correct ...)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 06:58:10 AM

Another shart from the folks at Solidcoin.
They say that people shit their pants when they die. I guess cryptocurrencies do too.  Sad

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 10:36:18 AM

Firstly you don't know how many watts it uses to mine scrypt, secondly this is early days (hours even). The original SC GPU miner is about 50% slower than what is available now. And future versions will likely extend that for SolidCoin.

As to scrypt, anything between 50% and 200% increase over what is there now wouldn't surprise me. You can pretty much kiss scrypt mining on CPU goodbye because unlike the custom SolidCoin algorithm it isn't a good all round choice for both GPUs and CPUs on a watt for watt basis.
That's... surprising. From what I recall, one of the things that was really slowing SolidCoin mining down on GPUs was writing to the scratch buffer. The SolidCoin algorithm writes to a small enough scratch buffer that it could be migrated to fast local GPU memory, though for some reason I'm not sure anyone's actually managed to do this yet. Scrypt writes its data to a buffer that's far too large to fit into GPU local storage.

The other curious thing is that the SolidCoin algorithm has some interesting time-space and logic-memory tradeoffs that Scrypt was specifically designed to block, and in theory they make FPGA mining of it a lot more feasible than it should be. I'm actually somewhat surprised ArtForz hasn't been FPGA mining it.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
zerokwel

Activity: 464

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 11:17:09 AM

Firstly you don't know how many watts it uses to mine scrypt, secondly this is early days (hours even). The original SC GPU miner is about 50% slower than what is available now. And future versions will likely extend that for SolidCoin.

As to scrypt, anything between 50% and 200% increase over what is there now wouldn't surprise me. You can pretty much kiss scrypt mining on CPU goodbye because unlike the custom SolidCoin algorithm it isn't a good all round choice for both GPUs and CPUs on a watt for watt basis.
That's... surprising. From what I recall, one of the things that was really slowing SolidCoin mining down on GPUs was writing to the scratch buffer. The SolidCoin algorithm writes to a small enough scratch buffer that it could be migrated to fast local GPU memory, though for some reason I'm not sure anyone's actually managed to do this yet. Scrypt writes its data to a buffer that's far too large to fit into GPU local storage.

The other curious thing is that the SolidCoin algorithm has some interesting time-space and logic-memory tradeoffs that Scrypt was specifically designed to block, and in theory they make FPGA mining of it a lot more feasible than it should be. I'm actually somewhat surprised ArtForz hasn't been FPGA mining it.

I am not... Its gotta be worth something to mine.. For example if you mined it right now you prob would not even cover the FPGA Electric costs.
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 11:41:20 AM

Wow... 5 pages now already.. but from what i can see there is nothing actually supporting Coinhunters ridicolous claims..

So CH, please do us all a favor and stay inside that little world inside your head and dont come out again, we really dont need people like you arround here spreading nothing but lies and bullshit. Sometimes i see you like this dipshits i have to deal sometimes at work, creationist that come into our institute just to tell us that we are totally wrong, that despite evry logical evidence dinosaurs never existed and the world is 5000 years old. They have the same brain disorder/illness that you have: Misconceptions of how the world arround you is made and the knowleadge that YOU alone are the keeper of a greater truth.
ANd you know what? You, same as these fucks, are wrong.

Now go home and work on your next bullshit theory. I think when your network dropped below 5mh we will see one coming up again. Giving you some hints:
- CO2 emissions from Bitcoin compared to SC
- Ozon layer disruptions in those areas with lots of BTC miners arround
- Lolcust actually wrote a CUDA miner ages ago that gives you 1Gh on scrypt but sold it only to me and three other people
- Artforz secretly 51% your chain already 7 times but you fight it off..
- Cobblee is singer of ABBA
- Bitcoinexpress is now one of your employees and secures your code
ssvb

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:12:01 PM

Well, from talking with Ahimoth on btc-e, sounds like mtrlt managed to find a workaround for the issues I was having with scrypt miner kernels on GPU.
Short version... any of my kernels that got speeds like that also got 100% invalids. Yet the same kernel worked fine on CPU or if I dropped global and/or local worksizes to silly small levels... which of course made it dog slow again...
Do you have your scrypt GPU code available in some public repository? I could probably give it a try.

And I think it might be better to create a separate thread for scrypt GPU mining. This thread just does not feel appropriate, too much of conspiracy theories and fanboyism.
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 02:19:28 PM

So you're just incompetent then? You get a scrypt miner working and then just give up after no more effort? Then go around telling people that it's unfeasible on GPU due to your few hour effort attempting to see if it was possible?
Who appointed you King Ethics? How did you determine that Artforz owes it to the community to develop the best scrypt miner and release it publicly?

Go crawl back to your own forums where you ban people that disagree with you and edit other people's posts to suit your own agenda.

+1.. Now thats the truth!

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 02:23:30 PM

I love when people say "True Story"

~True Story

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs